Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Compact digicam?

  1. #1

    Smile Compact digicam?

    Hi there,

    This qn has probably been raised before but I wud like some suggestions on which camera to get for my overseas trip. Simple reqt.

    1. Pocket sized
    2. 3-4 MP
    3. SGD 500-600
    4. 3X digital zoom
    5. CF / SD

    Came across some potentials-

    Canon Ixus II
    Panasonic DMC-FX1
    Pentax Optio S40
    Nikon Coolpix 3700
    Konica Minolta Dimage Xg
    Any other suggestions? I prefer not to touch Fuji.

  2. #2

    Default

    wats wrong with fuji?

  3. #3
    Senior Member ricleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    6,551

    Default

    some ppl dun like the "fuji colour" for digital cams at least i think it looks weird.. no offence :P

    Canon ixus II... somehow the images turn out soft 7/10 times...at least from the holiday shots that came out of my friend's camera.

    coolpix 3700 the images have an unatural colour tone at times as well.

    The rest I have no experience with them. These two cameras I know becuz they were brought by my friends to my recent australia trip, and looking at 500+ images from the nikon 3700, 300+ from a fuji F700 and 600+ images from a canon ixus II, the above conclusions were drawn.

  4. #4

    Default

    Yes I dont really like the greenish-yellow tinge from my S5000. But at the same time, I don't want to bring the G5 along, so looking for a pocket-sized one.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happyham
    Hi there,

    This qn has probably been raised before but I wud like some suggestions on which camera to get for my overseas trip. Simple reqt.

    1. Pocket sized
    2. 3-4 MP
    3. SGD 500-600
    4. 3X digital zoom
    5. CF / SD

    Came across some potentials-

    Canon Ixus II
    Panasonic DMC-FX1
    Pentax Optio S40
    Nikon Coolpix 3700
    Konica Minolta Dimage Xg
    Any other suggestions? I prefer not to touch Fuji.
    if you are looking at the pentax S40, you might as well look at the 4MP Pentax S4i. Even smaller. In fact, its probably the SMALLEST zoom digicam ever. And light too, at 120g. It's the ultimate in size and weight.

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happyham
    Yes I dont really like the greenish-yellow tinge from my S5000. But at the same time, I don't want to bring the G5 along, so looking for a pocket-sized one.
    Wah, so rich. You must have a mini gold mountain in your back yard.

  8. #8

    Default

    hahaha...no,no. i m in the process of selling away my S5000

  9. #9

    Default

    hmmm? my f420 dun have any greenish yellow thingy? its a all silver cam....hmmm? palm sized.

  10. #10

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by jonlou
    hmmm? my f420 dun have any greenish yellow thingy? its a all silver cam....hmmm? palm sized.
    Huh? Was referring to the pic output.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •