Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *49* - You'll Never Walk Alone! Com'on You REDS!!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *49* - You'll Never Walk Alone! Com'on You REDS!!!

REDS AT RISK OF POINTS DEDUCTION
    Posted 07/10/10 20:43

Liverpool would be at risk of a nine-point deduction if the owners' holding company is put into administration, it has emerged.

Initially it had been thought the Premier League would not penalise the club for Kop Holdings becoming insolvent, but now the threat of a points deduction has become a serious one.

The Royal Bank of Scotland could put Kop Holdings, the company owned by Tom Hicks and George Gillett, into administration if the Americans continue to block a takeover by New England Sports Ventures and have not paid off their £280million debt to the bank by October 15.

Under Premier League rules, the fact that the holding company is solely concerned with the ownership of Liverpool and football-related matters could trigger the nine-point penalty.

An insider told Press Association Sport: "It is not completely clear whether the nine-point penalty would come into play but it would be a risk."

West Ham has been used as an example of why the Reds might escape a deduction if administration goes ahead when it was owned by Icelandic bank Straumur.

However, the Hammers were a solvent part of a whole portfolio of different companies while Kop Holdings is solely concerned with Liverpool.

Hicks and Gillett's legal action against the proposed takeover will begin in the High Court next week.

Curry Sauce!!!!
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 8th October 2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: add in the sauce. kekeke
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *49* - You'll Never Walk Alone! Com'on You REDS!!!

JOHNSON OFF TO SUNNY SPAIN?

There are a few different logic leaps that the tabloids use to manufacture transfer stories.

'Looking at houses in the Manchester/Liverpool/Morecambe area' is a favourite, but The Daily Mail seems to have taken a Grand Canyon style leap with some words from Glen Johnson.

The paper reports that Johnson has 'paved the way for a possible move to Real Madrid from Liverpool in January by taking Spanish lessons'.

Boy oh boy. Here's what Johnson actually said:

"The Spaniards at Liverpool teach me a few words," said Johnson. "They're not shy about correcting me, so it's good that I can go away and practise and get feedback on my pronunciation.

"In any walk of life it can be advantageous to learn languages. You never know what the future holds. The typical English person doesn't learn the language when they go to Spain or to speak to Spanish friends, expecting people to speak English to them. I don't want to do that.

"I think it can surprise people if you start speaking their language and they are not expecting it. It's like a secret weapon."

The paper claims that, while Jose Mourinho wants a striker in the January transfer window, he 'remains an admirer of the right-back'. No mention is made of the two rather good exponents of the right-back art, Sergio Ramos and Alvaro Arbeloa, that Mourinho already has at Real.

And in the understatement of the century, the paper reports that Liverpool 'would be happy' to recoup the £18million they spent on Johnson last summer.

To Sack Hodgson, Or Keep The Faith?

Posted 05/10/10 16:19

Liverpool in the bottom three. Sounds really, really bad, doesn't it? But is it the calamity that some think? Should Hodgson go? Here are five reasons to get rid of Woy, and five to stick it out...

Five Reasons To Keep The Faith

* Hodgson started slowly at Fulham too. In his first nine games at the Cottage he won just once, was knocked out of the FA Cup by Bristol Rovers and was seconds away from relegation, before Diomansy Kamara scored that winner against Manchester City. After surviving, Fulham flourished. It's not a guarantee that success is just around the corner, but judging Hodgson on his first seven league games could be hasty.

* You want to blame someone? Blame the players. Each of the XI that started for Liverpool against Blackpool on Sunday went to the World Cup. And with 'proper' teams too. Spain (Reina, Torres), England (Johnson, Carragher, Gerrard, Cole), Portugal (Meireles), Holland (Kuyt) and Denmark (Agger, Poulsen). That XI should have enough talent, application and basic pride to beat Blackpool, a side that admittedly are performing above their talent levels, but are still incredibly limited. And it isn't a team that has just been chucked together either - eight of the XI were at the club last season. A manager can only do so much - it's up to the players to actually perform.

* Liverpool fans talk about 'the Liverpool way', and how a club as illustrious as theirs must go about their business in a dignified and honest manner. Is it dignified or honest to hound a good man and a good manager out of his job after seven games? Is it dignified to demand he is replaced by a man who walked away from the club 19 years ago, and hasn't had a managerial job in the last ten? Sacking a manager after such a short amount of time is the quickest way to be regarded as a total laughing stock, on and off the pitch. This is the sort of thing Newcastle used to do, and look where it got them. If Liverpool fans want an honest and dignified club, they should keep their honest and dignified manager.

* 'Liverpool in the relegation zone' sounds awful, but the league table is more or less meaningless at this stage of the season. If one were to take the uber-optimistic route, Liverpool are only five points off the Champions League places. A couple of weeks ago Stoke were in the bottom three - a few wins later and they are seventh. In a season when even the best teams seem keen to throw points away, having this total after such a short time is not the catastrophe some seem to think.

* It would just be mental to sack him. Seven games in...it's just mental.

Five Reasons To Sack Him...Now

* There is a sense that Hodgson is simply out of his depth. A lovely and intelligent guy, but one that is not suited to a big club, with big expectations. In general, his record is one of a man who succeeds when expectations are not particularly high. Even his proudest managerial achievement, at Halmstads in Sweden, was a surprise. Hodgson took over a club that had avoided relegation on goal difference, and took them to two league titles - their first since forming in 1914. At Fulham anything other than keeping their heads afloat in the Premier League was regarded as a bonus and a success. A man cannot necessarily be criticised for not over-achieving, for turning dark, cloudy water into the finest Pinot Noir, but for not delivering the absolute minimum...he should be responsible for that.

* Hodgson was always regarded as a stop-gap appointment anyway. Giving a 62-year-old man the job was never going to be anything more than temporary. He was supposed to be the man to steady a ship full of holes. Thus far, he only seems to have made more holes. His team selection has bordered on the bizarre, selecting players out of position, and tactics appear to be non-existent. His dismissal would not create too many ripples, so it may be best to get rid of him before more damage is caused.

* The counter-argument to the 'the players should be good enough' point is simply to say that they therefore should be pretty easy to manage. If a team is good enough to win without management, then surely a manager who has taken them into the bottom three can only be providing a corrosive influence. In theory, a team of top-class internationals should only require a small amount of motivation and tactical guidance. Hodgson has showed little of that so far.

* More than many clubs, Liverpool are driven by their fans. Could the return of Kenny Dalglish provide the boost that they need? Sometimes all it takes is a change to turn an ailing season around - to simply 'not be the other guy'. Could King Kenny be that change?

* They lost to Blackpool. And Northampton. Blackpool. Northampton. Bloody hell.

Nick Miller

in the relegation zone but we're just 5 points behind 4th place and there are 31 more matches to play! C'mon you Reds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    REDS AT RISK OF POINTS DEDUCTION
    Posted 07/10/10 20:43
    I thought the Premier League already said there will not be a problem?

JOHNSON OFF TO SUNNY SPAIN?
    LOL... working for the tabloids must be the easiest job in the world.

To Sack Hodgson, Or Keep The Faith?
    We need somebody with new ideas. Although I feel that this guy will be hanging around a bit longer. At least until the new owners see how rubbish he is

Can have the source of these articles? Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by elgkh View Post
    We need somebody with new ideas. Although I feel that this guy will be hanging around a bit longer. At least until the new owners see how rubbish he is

Can have the source of these articles? Thanks for posting!
    Lemon Chicken Sauce for Hodgson to tio sack or stay on.

Prawn Paste Sauce for Johnson off to Real in January?

sauce not from squeezing your used dirty kite undies?

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    in the relegation zone but we're just 5 points behind 4th place and there are 31 more matches to play! C'mon you Reds!!!

very positive thinking

Quickly resolve the bloody sale and....

The only way is UP!

Quote Originally Posted by elgkh View Post
    Hopefully not long enough...

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    i think everton will strangle clueless LFC at goodison...even though they are clueless themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    very positive thinking

Quickly resolve the bloody sale and....

The only way is UP!
    could go down too if not carefull,championship football is not exciting...

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    i think everton will strangle clueless LFC at goodison...even though they are clueless themselves...
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...iver-liverpool

Here's hoping the deal is done before the match

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    sauce not from squeezing your used dirty kite undies?
    ehh, nope. not mine.

mine is elva hsiao's.

LIVERPOOL WANT FOUR PLAYERS - SCOUT

Posted 08/10/10 17:59

chili crab gravy!! YUMMY!!!

Liverpool scout Jakob Friis-Hansen has hinted the club are looking to bring in four new players in the January transfer window.

The Reds are currently embroiled in a takeover saga, with the boardroom split over a decision to sell and a High Court appearance needed next week to settle matters between owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks, and board members Christian Purslow, Ian Ayre and chairman Martin Broughton.

Dane Friis-Hansen is currently in his homeland after watching Lyngby's clash with FC Nordsjaelland, where he was thought to be watching young trio Kim Aabech, Lasse Rise and Emil Larsen in action.

However, Friis-Hansen denied he was interested in the players and had just visited the club to see an old friend, admitting in the process that he is looking for several first-team players to join the ranks at Anfield.

"I played with an old friend in Lyngby and have many good friends at the club, and because you have seen me up there, it does not mean that I am interested in their players. It is not what we need now," Friis-Hansen told bold.dk.

"The results are now important in Liverpool, it is first priority to get four prominent players in the next window for the first team. Players who can go into the starting line-up.

"Roy (Hodgson) will hopefully get some money to work with. I will work in Italy, Germany, France, Belgium and Holland and will this year also be going to Spain for Liverpool and it is solely for the first team.

"It is a shame for Roy to get such a start, for there is no doubt that he is a really good coach. But it has been a tough start, because you did not know and still do not know what will happen with the club financially.

"I can hopefully go out and look at players in the highest price category at a time. But we will see."

actually i sell newspaper.
    karang guni man wanted to buy liverpool?

Posted 08/10/10 17:59

chili crab gravy!! YUMMY!!!

Liverpool scout Jakob Friis-Hansen has hinted the club are looking to bring in four new players in the January transfer window.

The Reds are currently embroiled in a takeover saga, with the boardroom split over a decision to sell and a High Court appearance needed next week to settle matters between owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks, and board members Christian Purslow, Ian Ayre and chairman Martin Broughton.

Dane Friis-Hansen is currently in his homeland after watching Lyngby's clash with FC Nordsjaelland, where he was thought to be watching young trio Kim Aabech, Lasse Rise and Emil Larsen in action.

However, Friis-Hansen denied he was interested in the players and had just visited the club to see an old friend, admitting in the process that he is looking for several first-team players to join the ranks at Anfield.

"I played with an old friend in Lyngby and have many good friends at the club, and because you have seen me up there, it does not mean that I am interested in their players. It is not what we need now," Friis-Hansen told bold.dk.

"The results are now important in Liverpool, it is first priority to get four prominent players in the next window for the first team. Players who can go into the starting line-up.

"Roy (Hodgson) will hopefully get some money to work with. I will work in Italy, Germany, France, Belgium and Holland and will this year also be going to Spain for Liverpool and it is solely for the first team.

"It is a shame for Roy to get such a start, for there is no doubt that he is a really good coach. But it has been a tough start, because you did not know and still do not know what will happen with the club financially.

"I can hopefully go out and look at players in the highest price category at a time. But we will see."
    budget is quoted abt 25million pounds for now..
    looking to replace half the starting eleven means thats 6million per player..
    that gets u something like bubble..

mebbe shld exercise that release clause and get oneil..

If the players dun wake up their ideas and start to play like they actually deserve the red shirt, it does not matter who is manager

I was a ballboy for liverpool vs singapore

At that time, I was thinking, WHOA LIVERPOOL DAMN PRO. Even the youngsters like Pacheco, Nemeth etc. etc. But now...
    Olympian

Hot sauce http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=4716

The 'break clause' in Hodgson's contract was revealed by ESPNsoccernet this week, although even then there were no hints that a change in manager was being planned immediately.
    "I suggested that the clause relates to Hodgson being paid a full year's salary within 28 days should the new owners want to bring in their own manager," Broughton commented: "I don't have Roy's contract in front of me, so I can't comment on that, but it is something like that in his contract.
    "But he came to the club knowing full well the circumstances and the risks attached to it."
    Hodgson will have to prove himself to the new owners. Broughton added: "I would full expect Roy to continue as manager and there has been no indication to me to suggest otherwise. However, as we all know, at the end of the day, everything depends on results."

also hot sauce http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=4716

Manchester United have confirmed their full-year operating profit stands at a record £100.8 million - but their overall losses are £83.64 million.

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    also hot sauce http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=4716

Manchester United have confirmed their full-year operating profit stands at a record £100.8 million - but their overall losses are £83.64 million.

Don't laugh at them now, let's wait till we clear the curent mess, then we standby pop corn and laugh loud loud

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    karang guni man wanted to buy liverpool?

budget is quoted abt 25million pounds for now..
    looking to replace half the starting eleven means thats 6million per player..
    that gets u something like bubble..

mebbe shld exercise that release clause and get oneil..
    No loh. 6mil per player can get u players like zeroini, laoya lucas and not forgetting nabeh ulcer.

Heehee

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    No loh. 6mil per player can get u players like zeroini, laoya lucas and not forgetting nabeh ulcer.

Heehee
    lucas was 8million, the others cost 0, 1-2million and lotsa (which does not count in the budget)..
    zeroin went for a fee too..

be fair to bro rodz..
    he shld never walk alone..

Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast