Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819222742 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *49* - You'll Never Walk Alone! Com'on You REDS!!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *49* - You'll Never Walk Alone! Com'on You REDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eejal View Post
    i'm beginning to feel some UNREST even in our thread....

Wished there's an Ignore Button somewhere here..
    unrest? the only time when i feel unrest is during every LFC games this season...this thread is alive...

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    this thread has never been peaceful one lah.
    Other than this is our beloved club, the demm bloody yankees and laffing at the mancircle clowns, we cannot seem to agree on anything!

especially on whos the manager...coz everyone here is a qualified manager in his/her own right...me inclusive...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    this makes the thread more lively n interesting.
    lively & colourful with u waving Kuyt's & lucas gstring code-named maggie & elva....

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *49* - You'll Never Walk Alone! Com'on You REDS!!!

thinking of getting stanley involved.
    stanley is waiting for u in the park when LFC play everton for our next game...coz thats the distance between Anfield & goodison...

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    lively & colourful with u waving Kuyt's & lucas gstring code-named maggie & elva....

just like your shakira code-named rafa

EPL Video Highlights site. http://bit.ly/bYkxdw

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    too painful to watch for now

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post

u think we have not vomit enough blood issit?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    u think we have not vomit enough blood issit?
    u never vomit alone.
    he shldnt either.

we shld welcome all bro's back to this thread..whoever's left.

Two Bids Confirmed, Fire Raining From the Skies

From the official site:

Liverpool Football Club tonight issued the following press statement:

The Board of Directors have received two excellent financial offers to buy the Club that would repay all its long-term debt. A Board meeting was called today to review these bids and approve a sale. Shortly prior to the meeting, the owners – Tom Hicks and George Gillett – sought to remove Managing Director Christian Purslow and Commercial Director Ian Ayre from the Board, seeking to replace them with Mack Hicks and Lori Kay McCutcheon.

This matter is now subject to legal review and a further announcement will be made in due course.

Meanwhile Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre continue to explore every possible route to achieving a sale of the Club at the earliest opportunity.

Well I’ll be *****ed.

A few commenters beat us to the punch, and I know Noel had/has something planned for either later tonight or early tomorrow. But I wanted to get something up for the time being, and either myself or Noel will update this as we see fit. Could be a fascinating few hours.

You can also follow the LFCOffside on Twitter, which you can do with or without a Twitter account of your own. That’s pretty much things are breaking at the moment. And by “breaking” I mean baseless rumors that are only meant to arouse high levels of emotion only to later be disproven.

Sauce

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    u never vomit alone.
    he shldnt either.

we shld welcome all bro's back to this thread..whoever's left.
    I m still here. Been supporting Pool since the mid 80s.

OFFER FROM BOSTON RED SOX OWNERS
    Liverpool on the brink of sale as two credible bids tabled

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

October 5, 2010

ESPNsoccernet can reveal that Liverpool are on the brink of being sold after two new credible buyers, tabled offers for the stricken Premier League giants, though that news is tempered by the fact that current owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks are refusing to walk away from the club with nothing.

The Liverpool board met on Tuesday to discuss which bid to accept - one of them from New England Sports Ventures, owners of US baseball team the Boston Red Sox - but while three board members favoured a sale, the proposals are still being blocked by Hicks and Gillett. .

The American duo attempted to oust managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre before the meeting took place, an apparent sign of just how fervently they oppose the offers on the table.

A statement on Liverpool's official website read: "The board of directors have received two excellent financial offers to buy the club that would repay all its long-term debt. A board meeting was called today to review these bids and approve a sale.

"Shortly prior to the meeting, the owners - Tom Hicks and George Gillett - sought to remove managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre from the board, seeking to replace them with Mack Hicks and Lori Kay McCutcheon. This matter is now subject to legal review and a further announcement will be made in due course.

"Meanwhile Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre continue to explore every possible route to achieving a sale of the Club at the earliest opportunity."

Months of abortive bids from across the globe - including offers from India, Canada and the Middle East, as well as speculation that the Chinese Government were even tabling a bid - all fell by the wayside as the buyers were unable to offer up proof of funds.

And it had looked as though the deadline set by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) on October 15 - to call in their £237 million loans to Hicks and Gillett - could have seen the bank take control of the club or consider placing the company into administration, likely invoking a subsequent nine-point Premier League deduction.

With Liverpool having slipped into the relegation zone, lost to Northampton Town in the Carling Cup, and with manager Roy Hodgson under intense pressure after the poor results on the pitch, worries about no takeover being in sight had led to despair setting in at Anfield.

But potential new owners have finally emerged from the United States and Asia, with the bidders possessing the necessary credibility to convince chairman Martin Broughton to sell and save one of football's biggest institutions right in the nick of time.

Yet the fight is far from over, as ESPNsoccernet can also disclose that the outgoing American owners are desperately trying to block the bids because both Hicks and Gillett will be frozen out of receiving any money for their shares.

Chairman Martin Broughton, brought in to find a buyer by RBS, has insisted that prospective new owners of Liverpool would need the funds to bring in new players, and also to eventually build a new £400 million stadium.

Hicks and Gillett initially valued the club at £800 million, when they first revealed their intention to search for a buyer earlier this year, but it quickly became clear that such a sum was way beyond any true value.

The American duo claim that they are owed at least £150 million but will be shocked that the offers that Broughton, chief executive Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre are ready to accept do not include any money to pay off Hicks and Gillett.

It is a scenario that will delight Liverpool fans, who will want funds channelled into the club for players and the new stadium, and not back into the pockets of the detested Hicks and Gillett, who have been the target of widespread demonstrations at recent home matches at Anfield. However, on the evidence of recent machinations from the pair, including an attempted refinancing of the debt with American investment company Blackstone by Hicks, it seems highly unlikely that will go down without a fight.
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 6th October 2010 at 08:13 AM.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

LIVERPOOL IN CRISIS
    "High valuation" derailed Kirdi bid for Liverpool

October 5, 2010

Syrian businessman Yahya Kirdi has revealed why he and other investors and potential buyers are avoiding buying Liverpool, as Anfield's board plan an emergency crisis meeting on Wednesday.

Yahya Kirdi: Revealed that Hicks and Gillett are at loggerheads with the other three English members of the Liverpool board
    Kirdi revealed that the embattled club needs "millions and millions" spent on making it competitive enough to challenge for trophies, and that a new owner would need the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) to defer most of the £237 million of debt that is owed to the bank. Canada-based Kirdi also disclosed that current co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are in conflict with their English directors in a massive boardroom split.

Liverpool are suffering in the Premier League relegation zone after their worst league start for more than half a century and manager Roy Hodgson is already under heavy fire, despite only having arrived at the club in July.

Kirdi, whose interest in the club was revealed in August only to swiftly ebb away, insisted that potential buyers would want RBS to defer much of the repayment of the loan as a condition of buying the team. "That would allow investment in the team and work on the new stadium to begin," he said, adding that his group shelved plans to acquire Liverpool after failing to agree on a price.

In June the Liverpool board prevented an attempt by Hicks to refinance the £237 million debt, which now stands at around £280 million because of penalty fees, and have since tried to block any new refinancing plans put to the board. Hicks last month failed to secure a refinancing deal with American investment group Blackstone.

"Right now is not the time for me and my group to enter into any negotiations," Kirdi told Bloomberg. "Once everyone is united and there's logic in the price and the overall deal, me and my group will be prepared to return to the table." RBS has set an October 15 deadline on its debt so any possible buyers are running out of time to reach a deal with Barclays Capital, which has been appointed by Gillett and Hicks in April to handle the sale of the club they acquired in 2007.

Kirdi admitted that his refusal to name his backers has provoked some Liverpool supporters into questioning his seriousness as Gillett's son Foster is a known friend of Kirdi. "I'm a serious man," he said. "I'm not playing but my group said they didn't want to go public because we haven't done the deal."

In the meantime, and despite the team itself's horrific league form, all eyes are on the October 15 deadline and the next move of RBS, Hicks and Gillett as Liverpool's uncertain future looks no clearer.

OFFER FROM BOSTON RED SOX OWNERS
    Liverpool on the brink of sale as two credible bids tabled

October 5, 2010

ESPNsoccernet can reveal that Liverpool are on the brink of being sold after two new credible buyers, tabled offers for the stricken Premier League giants, though that news is tempered by the fact that current owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks are refusing to walk away from the club with nothing.

The Liverpool board met on Tuesday to discuss which bid to accept - one of them from New England Sports Ventures, owners of US baseball team the Boston Red Sox - but while three board members favoured a sale, the proposals are still being blocked by Hicks and Gillett. .

The American duo attempted to oust managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre before the meeting took place, an apparent sign of just how fervently they oppose the offers on the table.

A statement on Liverpool's official website read: "The board of directors have received two excellent financial offers to buy the club that would repay all its long-term debt. A board meeting was called today to review these bids and approve a sale.

"Shortly prior to the meeting, the owners - Tom Hicks and George Gillett - sought to remove managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre from the board, seeking to replace them with Mack Hicks and Lori Kay McCutcheon. This matter is now subject to legal review and a further announcement will be made in due course.

"Meanwhile Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre continue to explore every possible route to achieving a sale of the Club at the earliest opportunity."

Months of abortive bids from across the globe - including offers from India, Canada and the Middle East, as well as speculation that the Chinese Government were even tabling a bid - all fell by the wayside as the buyers were unable to offer up proof of funds.

And it had looked as though the deadline set by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) on October 15 - to call in their £237 million loans to Hicks and Gillett - could have seen the bank take control of the club or consider placing the company into administration, likely invoking a subsequent nine-point Premier League deduction.

With Liverpool having slipped into the relegation zone, lost to Northampton Town in the Carling Cup, and with manager Roy Hodgson under intense pressure after the poor results on the pitch, worries about no takeover being in sight had led to despair setting in at Anfield.

But potential new owners have finally emerged from the United States and Asia, with the bidders possessing the necessary credibility to convince chairman Martin Broughton to sell and save one of football's biggest institutions right in the nick of time.

Yet the fight is far from over, as ESPNsoccernet can also disclose that the outgoing American owners are desperately trying to block the bids because both Hicks and Gillett will be frozen out of receiving any money for their shares.

Chairman Martin Broughton, brought in to find a buyer by RBS, has insisted that prospective new owners of Liverpool would need the funds to bring in new players, and also to eventually build a new £400 million stadium.

Hicks and Gillett initially valued the club at £800 million, when they first revealed their intention to search for a buyer earlier this year, but it quickly became clear that such a sum was way beyond any true value.

The American duo claim that they are owed at least £150 million but will be shocked that the offers that Broughton, chief executive Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre are ready to accept do not include any money to pay off Hicks and Gillett.

It is a scenario that will delight Liverpool fans, who will want funds channelled into the club for players and the new stadium, and not back into the pockets of the detested Hicks and Gillett, who have been the target of widespread demonstrations at recent home matches at Anfield. However, on the evidence of recent machinations from the pair, including an attempted refinancing of the debt with American investment company Blackstone by Hicks, it seems highly unlikely that will go down without a fight.

Seriously, I don't believe this anymore....
    Canon 40D with Tamron 17-50mm and Canon G11

The pesky Yankees just refuse to give up don't they

As much as it would hurt, I hope RBS will just put LFC into administration should the Yankees managed regain control of the board!!! Get rid of the pest once for all!!!

Ok ok maybe I over EMO
    Last edited by Taurean; 6th October 2010 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelion View Post
    still, everything look n smell of hope!

still, everything look n smell of hope!
    yesh yesh there is still HOPE, rmb we got 31 games to make a difference in this season..
    "If ur pictures aren't gd enough, u're just not close enough..." | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by iszan View Post
    yesh yesh there is still HOPE, rmb we got 31 games to make a difference in this season..

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelion View Post

it's on the official LFC site, so it has to be real
    that site has avoided reports on any sale talk so far

with this now on the official site, the battle lines are drawn, it is clear it is cowboys against the rest of the world (LFC world of course)

i wonder how the rest of the board members are going to force the 2 yankees to sell, since cowboys hold majority shares....

mack hicks is son of the dodo hicks, but who the f*** is Lori Kay McCutheon?