Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Irresponsible Model

Default Re: Irresponsible Model

Quote Originally Posted by geeteethree View Post
    De Stan. I know the story better then any other person who commented on this thread other then the TS. The model contacted me after I post this. The TS didn't even leave his house and go to the venue supposedly that's what she told me. People cancel all the time! Why are you getting so worked up about it. Stop complaining. It sounds like you have been let down a few times. Understandable, the way you are talking to me is very sour so I'd hate to see how you talk to some of these models. If you have any further problems please contact me via inbox.

This case in particular the model did not party the night before. Neither did she oversleep. I know that for a fact because she told me herself. She was up in time for the shoot although she did not feel up for it. What I was trying to say before is that when you come to a service like clubsnap where models can give up their time in exchange for the photographers there will always be problems. Take these problems with a pinch of salt and move on. If it happens often then obviously there is a problem with the system and it needs to be changed.
    win liao. statement of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Just wondering how would a thread like this progress to RA....? hmmmmm....
    I'm referring to the language being use here.

if you can recall, there is a thread of a model complaint about photographers some time ago, many colorful words being use in that thread, and it result colorful cards (infractions) flew around also.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

generally all the photographers are nice pple
    u always see this kind of thread but never see the model's name

heng ah ~ the model never kenna me
    else she will kenna hall of fame from me

I think none of us are looking for a "Carina Lau" style type of shoot. If the model dont feel up to it or dont feel like doing it, they can always inform us in advance to cancel.

I have encountered a few models who sms as me at 3 - 4am, just a few hours before shoot, to cancel but you dont see me starting a thread to blacklist them.

As Happyfrog said, it is ok to cancel, just don't make us lug 10 - 15 kg of equipment around Singapore only to find that we have been played out.

Quote Originally Posted by dradttg View Post
    I have encountered a few models who sms as me at 3 - 4am, just a few hours before shoot, to cancel but you dont see me starting a thread to blacklist them.
    i encountered once before. model sms me at 6+am when we have a shoot at 10am. she told me she just reach home from a clubbing session and is tipsy so later cannot shoot.

i saw this sms ard 8+ when i just woke up, so in the end, i just go back to sleep

1 word "TRUST".

models should not party if there's a shoot the next day, sure tired one.

photographers should not boost too much over yourself over what you can produce.

Key point : Dont shoot if you dont even know the person well enough.
    Last edited by GENO; 6th October 2010 at 01:16 PM.
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by GENO View Post

Key point : Dont shoot if you dont even know the person well enough.
    yah i find that rapport is important... if the model got rapport with the person shooting, the photos usually turn out better.

so best is, dun just arrange the shoot with the model and hope that she will turn up on the day of shoot. try to meet up and discuss about the shoot before the actual shoot takes place. so if the model turns up, at least 50% chance she wun fly you aeroplane on actual shoot cos she would have done so in the initial meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    it's not flaming PGs on blog.. it's intentionally playing out the PG (like prank).. and they acknowledged it on the blog.
    Miss Angela/Angie?

People like them, thinking they are cute XMM and are up to standard of "model" (this nevermind). But deliberately tricking a photographer (or anyone else) down and last min didn't appear on purpose deserve to be blacklisted and other photogs warned about such a so called "model".

To end 'All Mother of Frustrations' about aeroplane flying by tfc wannabees,xmm etc etc just join CS organized shoots and 100% guarantee 'aeroplane will land'.No pun intended and
    am not advertising for CS shoot organizers either but just to address frustrations.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    so best is, dun just arrange the shoot with the model and hope that she will turn up on the day of shoot. try to meet up and discuss about the shoot before the actual shoot takes place. so if the model turns up, at least 50% chance she wun fly you aeroplane on actual shoot cos she would have done so in the initial meet up.
    I think this is sound advice ... A lot of the photogs communicate via MSN, e-mails, SMS or other electronic means ... If you are working with a model for the first time, it would be good to have some face-to-face communication before the shoot.
    Touch the Moments ... Hold the colours of Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Zeisser View Post
    To end 'All Mother of Frustrations' about aeroplane flying by tfc wannabees,xmm etc etc just join CS organized shoots and 100% guarantee 'aeroplane will land'.No pun intended and
    am not advertising for CS shoot organizers either but just to address frustrations.
    These planes also doesn't land everytime, a different plane might take over, flights delayed or might be cancelled too .
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post
    These planes also doesn't land everytime, a different plane might take over, flights delayed or might be cancelled too .
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    even they do, CS kopitiam is not a tribunal, suggest both parties go and settle somewhere else, if don't mind showing all the dirty laundry to everybody by all means, many people already prepare pop corn and soda waiting anxiously.
    i'm waiting for the fight....

maybe the photographers feel disappointed because they had expected to have a

SEXY SATURDAY

in the end became a lonely saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i'm waiting for the fight....

SEXY SATURDAY

since when shooting models become a sexual activity?

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    since when shooting models become a sexual activity?
    sexy saturday means got sex?

oh dear.....

if that is the case, better cordon off the photoshoots section to kids now.

definition of sexy:
    marked by or tending to arouse sexual desire or interest

next you will be saying that SAUCY SATURDAY: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773279

means got a lot of sauce activity.

oh dear.....

definition of sexy:

next you will be saying that SAUCY SATURDAY: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773279

wah... photography has become a saucy activity... i think anyone can join those photoshoots liao. dont even need a dslr, just use handphone cam. LOL

SEXY SATURDAY

oh dear.....

this made my day. haha.

but seriously, I think maybe should start shooting friends/relatives/gf/wife instead of XMMs? At least there's lesser chance of being aeroplaned. You know them as well, so they may not aeroplane you as they may feel 'paiseh'
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

oh dear.....

definition of sexy:

P&P section had became Sleaze Central

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    P&P section had became Sleaze Central
    i think P&P is much better nowadays ... i see a lot of photogs are NOT posting their bikinis and lingerie shoots on the P&P section. And there is a LOT less nude stuff there as well ...

but i think the Workshop and Organised shoot section has not improve and that is where it starts ...

PS : don't get me wrong i have NO PROBLEMS with bikini and lingerie shoots ... but i think it has to be marketed and conducted with a little bit more "class" ...

The screaming SEXY, SENSUAL and SAUCEY ... just does not make me want to even get close to them ....
    Touch the Moments ... Hold the colours of Joy

Let's not bash Portraits or the organized shoots. There are other time and threads to do that. How about getting back onto the subject at hand.

If a seller or a buyer did not show up, omg, we will "gang bang" them to no ends. If a photographer did not show up for a shoot, he/she will be skewered.

What I dont understand is, some will go to no ends to defend a model, and the model flaked. Why? Why the preferential treatment?

One such model from MM flaked on me in recent months. After about a week later, she finally got in contact with me and gave a lame excuse. Maybe, it is a real excuse for her, but I will never work with her again.

I don't get overly excited and pissed when a model flaked, it is life, move on. I get extremely annoyed when bystanders starts making up excuses for these flakes.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast