Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Irresponsible Model

Blog Entries

Default Re: Irresponsible Model

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    ......... Just SMS or call her before you go out. If no reply, then cancel. ..... Chill...
    this should be a standing instruction....... if u sms/call on day of shoot without response within 1 or 2 hrs, do not expect photographer to be there at agreed time and place either.....

ditto for buy/sell of 2nd hand equipment too.............. no reply to confirmation sms/phone call before meeting time gives you the right to fly aeroplane
    Last edited by ed9119; 5th October 2010 at 10:34 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    this should be a standing instruction....... if u sms/call on day of shoot without response within 1 or 2 hrs, do not expect photographer to be there at agreed time and place either.....

ditto for buy/sell of 2nd hand equipment too.............. no reply to confirmation sms/phone call before meeting time gives you the right to fly aeroplane
    This is the best options as suggested. Normally I will wait 15 minutes after the appointed times, no show just walk away.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

tbh you guys need to have more respect for these girls.
    'wannabe model' how would any of you like it if we called you wannabe photographer.
    alright she didnt turn upto a shoot but come on don't talk **** about her behind her back and complain. if a shoot didnt work out, then it didn't work out just move on.

a new model i'm sure she probably got nervous and pulled out because a total stranger is shooting her. i don't blame her. don't complain and set up a thread in a public space or else no models will want to work with you. go and winge somewhere else but don't disrespect a model on a public space like an internet forum. no wonder they run away.

Quote Originally Posted by geeteethree View Post
    'wannabe model' how would any of you like it if we called you wannabe photographer.
    alright she didnt turn upto a shoot but come on don't talk **** about her behind her back and complain. if a shoot didnt work out, then it didn't work out just move on.

a new model i'm sure she probably got nervous and pulled out because a total stranger is shooting her. i don't blame her. don't complain and set up a thread in a public space or else no models will want to work with you. go and winge somewhere else but don't disrespect a model on a public space like an internet forum. no wonder they run away.

If the model is not comfy getting shot by a stranger, why advertise to be one? Like the many who do that here?

I've never had problems with "models" because I dont shoot "models"

Quote Originally Posted by photonick2004 View Post
    Good for you Foxshade. Well a pro-model definitely makes a diff. At least she made it known to you she had an allergy. That's professionalism.
    I think you misunderstood. That's the ideal case... but mine was... sorry I'm late. I have been having these bad rashes since last week........

I am recalling on how to pp the rashes in my mind, and cursing in my heart: you should have let the organiser know earlier.

But the saving grace is that I am happy with the way she pose. No xmm trashy cute poses.
    Last edited by Foxshade; 5th October 2010 at 06:46 PM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Ur 1st statement already seriously *&^*#@* me off!
    U want us to respect those XMMs who play us out without any rational or even reasonable explanation, and still have the cheek to say we are talking behind their back?
    The only reason why we have to talk behind their back is because they don't have the guts to face us or even the decency to apologise to us. I seriously think you are delusional to even conceive the idea that they are the victims here! U should really re-evaluate your sense of judgment!

Pls don't even make up excuses for them, it just makes u look more ridiculous to assume without understanding the facts. How would u like it if you were stood up by someone only to realise they totally forgot about the appointment with u, becos they were too busy partying the night before, or forgot to set alarm clock and overslept.

We did not 'force' them to do a shoot, they advertised to 'model' themselves in the forum and we just engaged their so called 'modeling services'. In fact come to think of it, the 'photographers' here deserve more respect becos they stick to their end of the bargain and turn up for the shoot. If the model have second thoughts about the shoot, the least they should do is inform the PG and cancel it. It's just basic human courtesy, so u tell me who is the disrespectful one?

Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 | 35mm f1.8 | SB-900

Yup, it is quite troublesome to lug all the equipment, sometimes to another end of the island and just to realize the shoot is not going to happen. I am OK with the shoot not happening, sometimes things don't just go the way we plan, but I am not OK to lug all my stuff all the way, only to have it canceled on you.

Best is to call before you go out. Models should do that too, to ensure the photographers don't cancel on the shoot too. At most, just go back to bed. Or go have breakfast, read newspaper and drink kopi. The morning light and air is always very refreshing.

i see people are pushing their own agenda here.... oh well.

Seriously, there are better things to get worked up about.

*Chill* before it gets personal or infractions will be served all round.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 5th October 2010 at 11:40 PM.

LOL, i onli know cheongsam and all these ought to be returned since they can be pretty expensive lol!

Quote Originally Posted by photonick2004 View Post
    Yup we should. Photographers Blacklist too.
    Know of one horny photographer who provided a model with skimpy bikini and transparent lingerie for a beach and hotel shoot and then took back the bikini and lingerie. Urrrrrgh!

think many of us pamper them too much le....

recently i meet quite a no. of models who like to differ their rates after agreed on the rates earlier. 40 becomes 60, and 100 becomes 150....all within a period of 1 or 2 wks. Seriously....i'm wordless.

maybe i should start shooting some pussy cats.

De Stan. I know the story better then any other person who commented on this thread other then the TS. The model contacted me after I post this. The TS didn't even leave his house and go to the venue supposedly that's what she told me. People cancel all the time! Why are you getting so worked up about it. Stop complaining. It sounds like you have been let down a few times. Understandable, the way you are talking to me is very sour so I'd hate to see how you talk to some of these models. If you have any further problems please contact me via inbox.

This case in particular the model did not party the night before. Neither did she oversleep. I know that for a fact because she told me herself. She was up in time for the shoot although she did not feel up for it. What I was trying to say before is that when you come to a service like clubsnap where models can give up their time in exchange for the photographers there will always be problems. Take these problems with a pinch of salt and move on. If it happens often then obviously there is a problem with the system and it needs to be changed.

I know the story better then any other person who commented on this thread other then the TS. The model contacted me after I post this.

People cancel all the time! Why are you getting so worked up about it. Stop complaining.
    err.. you "know the story better then any other".. but is it the "Fact"? Or you take it as the "fact" when it just came from 1 party? If the other party contact you, why not just ask the other party to come in and explain? isn't it better in any way then to ask a 3rd party to pass messages?

Nothing against the model but I feel that there is no credibility in whatever information that is passed via 3rd party w/o the person in question showing himself. or hefself.. it works both ways.

Also, since when it became a norm to cancel appointments or to fly aeroplane?? wow..... so are you saying that it is ok to fly aeroplane based on your comment in blue?? isn't it something very wrong in the perception or understanding that it is okay to play someone out?

Anyway, I believe, most of the PG who commented are just asking for basic courtesy of being on time or informing them of "no-show" in advance so that they need not make a wasted trip. Is that too much to ask for in any professional (meaning, not friend-friend)) engagement?

De Stan. I know the story better then any other person who commented on this thread other then the TS. The model contacted me after I post this. The TS didn't even leave his house and go to the venue supposedly that's what she told me. People cancel all the time! Why are you getting so worked up about it. Stop complaining. It sounds like you have been let down a few times. Understandable, the way you are talking to me is very sour so I'd hate to see how you talk to some of these models. If you have any further problems please contact me via inbox.

This case in particular the model did not party the night before. Neither did she oversleep. I know that for a fact because she told me herself. She was up in time for the shoot although she did not feel up for it. What I was trying to say before is that when you come to a service like clubsnap where models can give up their time in exchange for the photographers there will always be problems. Take these problems with a pinch of salt and move on. If it happens often then obviously there is a problem with the system and it needs to be changed.
    doesn't feel up for the shoots doesn't mean u can just mia, worst...no apology later. the model may have other reasons but from ur side of story, it doesn't seems reasonable at all. and saying people cancel all the time as if nothing wrong...only shows how bias u r.

Photographers and Models are always in such a Love Hate Relationships......

seem like both parties will not tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

even they do, CS kopitiam is not a tribunal, suggest both parties go and settle somewhere else, if don't mind showing all the dirty laundry to everybody by all means, many people already prepare pop corn and soda waiting anxiously.

just keep the rating at PG, since we have many minors here, this thread will be locked if go out of hands.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

People cancel all the time! Why are you getting so worked up about it. Stop complaining.
    Killer statement!

Was there sufficient advance notice given about the cancellation?

i would normally sms the models or clients 2 hours before the shot to ensure that they remember and they are coming . . . and also to inform them that i am moving off soon too. This will give the assurance to both sides.

I feel that both the photographers and models need to give due respect to each other. Both have invested time and effort in their own profession; be it amature or pro.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    just keep the rating at PG, since we have many minors here, this thread will be locked if go out of hands.
    Just wondering how would a thread like this progress to RA....? hmmmmm....

People cancel all the time! Why are you getting so worked up about it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast