Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Irresponsible Model

Default Re: Irresponsible Model

Quote Originally Posted by photonick2004 View Post
    Good idea bro! We should start a blacklist. May be a moderator can take on this idea and list them within the models listing. That way photographers won't fall prey to such idiotic model wannabe. Surely we photographer will start listing them out. Already have three wannabies on my mind
    we don't want to entertain such things.
    photographer who keen to shoot models only and consistently engaging models for shoots, are just a small fraction compare to the members we have here.
    even there is a Hall of Infamous, it will be fair to list all the Photographers, models, or whatever people, shops, with bad reputation.

be careful for what you ask for, it can be a double-edged sword.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Thanks for your advice. I have been doing that too for the longest time. But this girl is really one hell of a kind. Night before the shoot I reminded her again and she said alright but that morning she didn't turn up at the venue, called and sms her, she didn't reply. Now she has taken herself out of MM and FB.
    Did all that a photographer needs to do yet we (photographers) have to entertain such crap. These models wannabe don't know what they want when they place a thead in MM or CS, resulting in unprofessional behaviour. They forgot that we are photographers and not entertainer. We don't need to
    pratronise them.
    I believe there is something has happen to the local modeling circle now, seeing of them has pull out recently.

not sure what is the real reasons, but I believe this is good for everyone.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Thanks dude.
    The name is Mia from HK. Studying at German International School, age 18 (2010).
    MIA
    always the Light, .... always.

Thanks for your advice. I have been doing that too for the longest time. But this girl is really one hell of a kind. Night before the shoot I reminded her again and she said alright but that morning she didn't turn up at the venue, called and sms her, she didn't reply. Now she has taken herself out of MM and FB.
    Did all that a photographer needs to do yet we (photographers) have to entertain such crap. These models wannabe don't know what they want when they place a thead in MM or CS, resulting in unprofessional behaviour. They forgot that we are photographers and not entertainer. We don't need to
    pratronise them.
    TS, I truly share your frustration. This model you mentioned truly lack professionalism and display ill attitude/manner!
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 | 35mm f1.8 | SB-900

Blog Entries

just to repeat what catchlights said - we will NOT start any blacklist whatsoever. it has never been CS' policy to play policeman to any disputes because they are private agreements.

while you may voice out your displeasure and give the other party a chance to respond (if possible) without resorting to slandering or other criminal intimidation, ultimately, CS will NOT be held responsible for any disputes. best if you can settle it privately rather than airing it.

you are not the first, neither will be the last to be aeroplaned by "models". like my most recent experience, i just said my piece and moved on. i will leave the community here to make the decision on whether to use the "model". since you have said your piece, and bearing in mind the 'model' in question is not in CS anyway, might i suggest we move on?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Thanks dude.
    The name is Mia from HK. Studying at German International School, age 18 (2010).
    her name suits her well... Missing In Action...

This is nothing new. Haha! Just SMS or call her before you go out. If no reply, then cancel. Just go out drink kopi, read newspaper. Chill...

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    This is nothing new. Haha! Just SMS or call her before you go out. If no reply, then cancel. Just go out drink kopi, read newspaper. Chill...
    this is a good idea!

but then, would the model come into CS and complain: Photog fly me aeroplane!

the worst 1 was, i call her before going out. she said on the way. so i go out lo. thought im gonna be late. but reach there already call her, she said she is still doing make up. call her summore, she said on the way.. i ask her where she is exactly right now. hang up. then call again, no pick up. sms, no reply. i wait another 5 mins, call again... she said on the way again. in the end... i was made to wait for 1.5 hours under the sunny heat!

I've never worked with any models before, save once.

The model was late, and got some skin problem due to food allergy.
    The skin issues did not happen overnight. She had that about one week.
    2 issues there:
    - late
    - not informing organiser of her skin problem.

Later on I found out that she is a real pro model, having appeared in some mag before. Not just any xmm model wannabe.

I think once in a while, these kind of things happen to everyone. Pro or not. Maybe you and I are just suay.

Would I work with her again? I think so. She knows how to pose, and it really helps when I know nothing about posing a model to shoot.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    Nope she's not the one. Hey careful bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    I've never worked with any models before, save once.

The model was late, and got some skin problem due to food allergy.
    The skin issues did not happen overnight. She had that about one week.
    2 issues there:
    - late
    - not informing organiser of her skin problem.

Later on I found out that she is a real pro model, having appeared in some mag before. Not just any xmm model wannabe.

I think once in a while, these kind of things happen to everyone. Pro or not. Maybe you and I are just suay.

Would I work with her again? I think so. She knows how to pose, and it really helps when I know nothing about posing a model to shoot.
    Good for you Foxshade. Well a pro-model definitely makes a diff. At least she made it known to you she had an allergy. That's professionalism.

the worst 1 was, i call her before going out. she said on the way. so i go out lo. thought im gonna be late. but reach there already call her, she said she is still doing make up. call her summore, she said on the way.. i ask her where she is exactly right now. hang up. then call again, no pick up. sms, no reply. i wait another 5 mins, call again... she said on the way again. in the end... i was made to wait for 1.5 hours under the sunny heat!
    I emphatise with you bro.

My longest wait was a 5hr. I can't run away, cos the lady (model) was a neighbour. Sigh.... LOL Entirely destroyed the shoot cos when we got to the venue, it was too dark due to the rain.
    She asked me and my buddy to take her lately, then came up with hell of a lot of changes to the originally proposed ideas and theme. All for her own selfish purposes. Well, we walked away from the shoot. No go.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I believe there is something has happen to the local modeling circle now, seeing of them has pull out recently.

not sure what is the real reasons, but I believe this is good for everyone.
    Yup I'm sure that pull out has benefited the serious models and photographers.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    we don't want to entertain such things.
    photographer who keen to shoot models only and consistently engaging models for shoots, are just a small fraction compare to the members we have here.
    even there is a Hall of Infamous, it will be fair to list all the Photographers, models, or whatever people, shops, with bad reputation.

be careful for what you ask for, it can be a double-edged sword.
    Ya you might be right although I saw that coming. A double=edged sword it will be. LOL

So, did she finally turned up?

If yes, then not so bad.

If not, could it be a case of http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=74

read the last paragraph..

I emphatise with you bro.

My longest wait was a 5hr. I can't run away, cos the lady (model) was a neighbour. Sigh.... LOL Entirely destroyed the shoot cos when we got to the venue, it was too dark due to the rain.
    She asked me and my buddy to take her lately, then came up with hell of a lot of changes to the originally proposed ideas and theme. All for her own selfish purposes. Well, we walked away from the shoot. No go.
    Hmmm... i'm curious what changes she wanted? and ermmm... what kind of selfish purpose yea? that model i worked with was late because i finally found out that she was going out on a fun drive with some rich guys on a lambo.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    So, did she finally turned up?

If yes, then not so bad.

If not, could it be a case of http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=74

read the last paragraph..
    yeap, she turned up. but i was all drenched in sweat waiting at fort canning. anybody who has shot there knows how humid that place can be. i think that is the time when i get super dehydrated. i reached there at 1130am... she arrived around 1-1.30pm, the shoot ended around 430pm. i was so dehydrated and tired from the shoot that i fell sick. but that taught me a good lesson, know when to walk away and take a chill pill.

that post... i also get it before. flaming photographers on blog. hahaha... the best thing we can do is just to walk away and take a chill pill.

that post... i also get it before. flaming photographers on blog. hahaha... the best thing we can do is just to walk away and take a chill pill.
    it's not flaming PGs on blog.. it's intentionally playing out the PG (like prank).. and they acknowledged it on the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    it's not flaming PGs on blog.. it's intentionally playing out the PG (like prank).. and they acknowledged it on the blog.
    hahaa, xmms... still young with too much time i guess.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast