Thread: HUGE mem cards: All your eggs in one basket?

Default HUGE mem cards: All your eggs in one basket?

Pretec 12 GB CF - just US$14,900

Assuming that cost isn't an issue, would you buy and use such high capacity memory cards? I think it's pretty scary to have all that amount of data/pics stored in a card that could potentially fail or get lost.

Or am I being too untrusting of technology?
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman

Assuming that cost isn't an issue, would you buy and use such high capacity memory cards? I think it's pretty scary to have all that amount of data/pics stored in a card that could potentially fail or get lost.

I would. Its still safer than using a digital wallet like XSDrive or Nixvue. Loads of people are also using Microdrives, which are no safer than harddisks.

Solid state is much safer than harddisks/microdrives, technically speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman

personally i find that it's way too unsafe to use such a huge capacity CF card.. not to mention abt its cost!

hence would definitely prefer separating into smaller size cards.. unless u find that these short actions for changing the cards would be a hassle to u dan go ahead lor..

DX.