Thread: lens servicing HELP!

Default lens servicing HELP!

recently my dad had showed me his old eos 1000f, i wanted to use the ef lens for my 450d but found out theres already mold inside the lens. where do bring it for servicing? and how much does it cost?

Deregistered

Default Re: lens servicing HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by gambette View Post
    recently my dad had showed me his old eos 1000f, i wanted to use the ef lens for my 450d but found out theres already mold inside the lens. where do bring it for servicing? and how much does it cost?
    This question has been asked many many times before.Please do a search....

Blog Entries

Default Re: lens servicing HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by gambette View Post
    Bring to Canon Service Center loh. That is the most straight forward answer.

You can also bring it to other equipment technicians/experts. TCW, Camera hospital, bro fatigue. So many. Just do a search and you will find.

But you need to see how bad is the fungus growth. If too serious, you will never be able to restore it to its former glory. Permanent damage is very likely. Look in BnS also... there is a big possibility you can get some of these lenses very cheaply used and in good usable condition. Might even cost less than getting your old lens serviced.