I worry that posting such messages might be against forum rules. I wish it is not and I am not breaking the rules. Anyway here it goes.
I have had 1000D and a A200 each for almost 1 year. Now I don't have anything (I gave them to my sister) except a Canon 50mm F1.8
A- Now I have a budget of 1200RM-2200RM and want to get the most out of it.
B- I can select one of the 3 below options or just buy a cheap body and a relatively better lense (like Tamron 17-50).
I guess these are my options (I don't have brand preference, C or N , both are OK):
- The price for D200 is around 1900-2500 (sometimes 2200+ along with grip) on photomalaysia
- The camera is likely to be very old (4-5 years perhaps)
- D80 can be bought as low as 1500RM (body) and these are a bit newer.
- The photo quality is exactly the same as D60 and almost the same as sony A200. All these cameras have the same CCD: D200, D80, D60, A100, A200
- D60 has newer software but D200 and D80 have better body and more focus points
- The group of cameras I mentioned have a photo quality comparable to Canon 400D and 1000D and a bit lower than 40D
- You can have same photo quality with a D60, 1000D, 400D or even A200. And you pay 1000-1200RM with lower camera age
- The whole trade off is about features and body, not that much about photo quality
- The above two are 12M CMOS and one level higher in photo quality than the previous series with VERY much lower noise (ISO1600 has a noise equal to ISO800 on above cameras, i.e. 1-2 stop better light , or 1-2 stop smaller F on lense).
- 700p Video on both
- Used D5000 full (with kitlens) can be obtained around 1850-2200RM. Body only around 1600RM+ (with a few months of remaining WARRANTY), less age and higher photo quality
- D90 used body is 1900-2200 (based on SC)
- Uses a 18M CMOS with very much lower noise in equal ISOs. ISO3200 on this has the same noise of first class (i.e. D200 etc) with ISO800. So you can use a lens with at least 2 F stops smaller for same light.
- 1080p video
- Body is cheap plastic, and does not feel any comparable to above ones.
- Body only costs 2100-2200 used with 2.5 YEARS! of remaining gurantee (new one has 2+1 years). I have a 50mmF1.8 lens , so I should pay only 2100 for now.
The trade off is :
Better body and Features + High SC and very old <---> Totally cheap body + Very new sensor and much higher photo and video quality
What would you do with a 1200RM-2200 RM budget???!! I wish forum friends can help me a bit with the decision. And PLEASE do not refer me to read and like the reviews (I have read each one for at least 10 times.)
I just need very PERSONAL opinions with a few reasons. That's more than enough for me and I'll appreciate it.