Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 67

Thread: who's still getting the D300s

  1. #41

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    Quote Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
    Huh? since when the D7000 became better than the D300s Has Nikon gone bongus by doing that?
    that's the big question in my mind as well bro... why would nikon produce a cam that they would declare as an "in between" the D90 and D300s when the specs are on par or should i say a step up from the D300s, then price it lower?

    there must be something behind this...

    waiting... waiting...
    Why so serious... Son?

  2. #42
    Member DrSpock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Warp back to Simei
    Posts
    1,088

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    No matter how D300s is still regarded as King of DX, period. D7000 may assume the Queen position anytime. The only notably worthy so called better specs for the D7k would be the wider ISO range of 100 to 6400 (I'll forget about the boost ISO to 25,600), the newer 2016-pixel RGB sensor for white balance, Nikon Multi-CAM 4800DX autofocus module and the higher 16.2mp resolution but this may not be a good thing as sensor size is smaller hence density up up = more noise?

    On the other hand, the D300s still has 51 focus points (15 cross-type sensors), 2-9 exposure for AEB, more advance Exposure Metering System, more pro-looking exposure dial, a Sync Terminal, CF/SD memory cards slots and a remote control using a 10-pin Remote Cord or Wireless Remote Control WT-4 NOT like the D7k still using a toy gadget ML-L3 and not forgeting 7fps speed speed speed
    Last edited by DrSpock; 2nd October 2010 at 12:26 AM.
    Photography? It's all in your mind...

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,571

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    Quote Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
    No matter how D300s is still regarded as King of DX, period. D7000 may assume the Queen position anytime. The only notably worthy so called better specs for the D7k would be the wider ISO range of 100 to 6400 (I'll forget about the boost ISO to 25,600), the newer 2016-pixel RGB sensor for white balance, Nikon Multi-CAM 4800DX autofocus module and the higher 16.2mp resolution but this may not be a good thing as sensor size is smaller hence density up up = more noise?

    On the other hand, the D300s still has 51 focus points (15 cross-type sensors), 2-9 exposure for AEB, more advance Exposure Metering System, more pro-looking exposure dial, a Sync Terminal, CF/SD memory cards slots and a remote control using a 10-pin Remote Cord or Wireless Remote Control WT-4 NOT like the D7k still using a toy gadget ML-L3 and not forgeting 7fps speed speed speed

    Good write-up for D300s owners!

    We are surely bounded by many choices. I'll go technical if D7000 future owners can spare time viewing the construction of a DSLR. A picture tell a thousands words.

    D300s


    D300s 'look': http://press.nikonusa.com/photogallery/?gid=135

    D7000
    The magnesium alloy body looks like a skeleton. The front portion is mostly plastic structure. You get that because you save money & weight too.



    D7000 'look': http://press.nikonusa.com/photogallery/?gid=137

  4. #44

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    Quote Originally Posted by wmayeo View Post
    Good write-up for D300s owners!

    We are surely bounded by many choices. I'll go technical if D7000 future owners can spare time viewing the construction of a DSLR. A picture tell a thousands words.

    D300s


    D300s 'look': http://press.nikonusa.com/photogallery/?gid=135

    D7000
    The magnesium alloy body looks like a skeleton. The front portion is mostly plastic structure. You get that because you save money & weight too.



    D7000 'look': http://press.nikonusa.com/photogallery/?gid=137

    nice one bro, i think the built of the D300s is for a rough user like me...
    Why so serious... Son?

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,571

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    Quote Originally Posted by Wurdelak View Post
    nice one bro, i think the built of the D300s is for a rough user like me...
    D3s is more suitable for you seriously...

    that one truly fully magnesium alloy body!

    D3 body
    Last edited by wmayeo; 2nd October 2010 at 01:56 AM. Reason: added image

  6. #46

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    Quote Originally Posted by wmayeo View Post
    D3s is more suitable for you seriously...

    that one truly fully magnesium alloy body!

    D3 body
    love this... but the price...
    Why so serious... Son?

  7. #47

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    Quote Originally Posted by Wurdelak View Post
    HA?!? what's the promo bro? last time i asked around hill st. body only price for D300s is sgd1850...
    hi wurdelak, what's the shop in hill street that offered you the price of $1850?

    Quote Originally Posted by wmayeo View Post
    1.6k is an optimistic price estimate. do they bundle with 18-105VR?

    you can check out the price guide, i got mine around there.

    D3oos having a promo, did you know?
    hi wmayeo, may i ask what promotion is the D300s having now and which are the shops that offer it?

    Quote Originally Posted by 03tt30 View Post
    D300s promo is on for Oct 2010........Free brace bag, AF 50mm F/1.8
    and lastly hello o3tt30, do you have any more details on the october promotion for the d300s?

    forgive me for asking so many questions guys, just doing some homework before i make the purchase. thanks for the help! would appreciate if anyone could provide any information on this. i scouted around and the lowest price i got for the D300s is $2100 +/- at the shops in funan.

  8. #48

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    The electronic epuipments price keep on dropping.I think if Nikon still makes new model that the price depend on old model,It will very fast chase up by the competitors.If one day,Korea can make good DSLR,Nikon will gone.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    more competitors producing good DSLR will be good for us . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  10. #50

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    I am kind of curious, how high ISO is enough???

    what do you really need? ISO 1000000?

    I personally need ISO 6400
    U dont know what you need until you have it..
    D3s / D3x / 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 / 55-200 f3.5-5.6 / 50 f1.8

  11. #51

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    The shop at Hill Street selling D300s at $1850???
    It's good then we can see more price drops in the B&S Section and the 2nd hand market.
    It's great time to enter D300s market now.
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

  12. #52

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    The shop at Hill Street selling D300s at $1850???
    It's good then we can see more price drops in the B&S Section and the 2nd hand market.
    It's great time to enter D300s market now.
    Hi Kent, do you by any chance know what shop is it at hill street the previous post was mentioning about?

  13. #53

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    I have no idea. But there are many small shops and 2nd hand shops around that area. Funan is also just next to Hill Street too.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjayy View Post
    Hi Kent, do you by any chance know what shop is it at hill street the previous post was mentioning about?
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    511

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    In my opinion, Nikon came out with the D7000 is to entice more users over to Nikon.
    Giving them like a full range of cameras,
    To start off-D3100
    A little better-D5000
    Mid range-D90
    Looking more more punch-D7000
    Looking for king of DX-D300s

    Of cos FX will be
    D700
    D3s/x

    I'll be spoilt for choices if i had all the money in the world haha
    Looks like Nikon got the DX range fully covered

  15. #55

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    I have no idea. But there are many small shops and 2nd hand shops around that area. Funan is also just next to Hill Street too.
    oh? small shops around hill street area? i haven't come across any during my hunt for the D300s yet. tried doing a search for camera shops in hill street area and all it came up was all the photo shops at funan. do you mean the small shops at peninsula area?

    sorry if i'm diverting away from the topic here.

  16. #56

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjayy View Post
    forgive me for asking so many questions guys, just doing some homework before i make the purchase. thanks for the help! would appreciate if anyone could provide any information on this. i scouted around and the lowest price i got for the D300s is $2100 +/- at the shops in funan.
    $2100 down 400 just YOG time ... Good buy

  17. #57

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    Quote Originally Posted by NikF601 View Post
    $2100 down 400 just YOG time ... Good buy
    YOG time?

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    The shop at Hill Street selling D300s at $1850???
    It's good then we can see more price drops in the B&S Section and the 2nd hand market.
    It's great time to enter D300s market now.
    New set ?
    wow, very tempting now . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  19. #59

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    I think need to wait until D7000 arrives in Singapore first to see the price impact on D300 and D300s.
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

  20. #60

    Default Re: who's still getting the D300s

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjayy View Post
    hi wurdelak, what's the shop in hill street that offered you the price of $1850?



    hi wmayeo, may i ask what promotion is the D300s having now and which are the shops that offer it?



    and lastly hello o3tt30, do you have any more details on the october promotion for the d300s?

    forgive me for asking so many questions guys, just doing some homework before i make the purchase. thanks for the help! would appreciate if anyone could provide any information on this. i scouted around and the lowest price i got for the D300s is $2100 +/- at the shops in funan.

    You can check last Friday Straits Times.
    Free 2x8GB SD, Nikon Brace Bag and Nikkor AF 50mm F/1.8D.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •