Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: How & What to check for a 2nd hand DSLR?

  1. #1

    Default How & What to check for a 2nd hand DSLR?

    Hello all!

    i'll be viewing a 2nd hand 7D soon and i would like to seek help on what are the things to check for a 2nd hand body?

    Shutter count is no problem as the seller's got a Canon Service Report.

    Exterior is fine as that can be easily noticed if there's wear and tear.

    LCD mustn't be scratched. Checked.

    All functions must be usable. Checked.

    Flash must be working. Checked.

    Battery must be working, removable. Checked.

    I'm more worried about the internal. Things like dust and dirt inside the sensor. Any tips on how can i check on that?

    Thanks a million people. (:
    5DIII + 6D / 16-35 f2.8L II / 24-70 f2.8L II / 70-200 f2.8L II / Σ35A / Σ85

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: How & What to check for a 2nd hand DSLR?

    I believe this question has been asked many many times before

  3. #3

    Default Re: How & What to check for a 2nd hand DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    I believe this question has been asked many many times before
    yea i know. but. i can't any similar thread that's why. sorry!
    5DIII + 6D / 16-35 f2.8L II / 24-70 f2.8L II / 70-200 f2.8L II / Σ35A / Σ85

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: How & What to check for a 2nd hand DSLR?


  5. #5

    Default Re: How & What to check for a 2nd hand DSLR?

    thanks bro. as you know, the search functions doesn't really work at times. thanks alot. cheers.
    5DIII + 6D / 16-35 f2.8L II / 24-70 f2.8L II / 70-200 f2.8L II / Σ35A / Σ85

  6. #6

    Default Re: How & What to check for a 2nd hand DSLR?

    Just a question,if the seller can show a CSC report for the shutter count ,did he also do a general cleaning and servicing of the body?

  7. #7
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: How & What to check for a 2nd hand DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonyjw View Post
    Hello all!

    i'll be viewing a 2nd hand 7D soon and i would like to seek help on what are the things to check for a 2nd hand body?

    Shutter count is no problem as the seller's got a Canon Service Report.

    Exterior is fine as that can be easily noticed if there's wear and tear.

    LCD mustn't be scratched. Checked.

    All functions must be usable. Checked.

    Flash must be working. Checked.

    Battery must be working, removable. Checked.

    I'm more worried about the internal. Things like dust and dirt inside the sensor. Any tips on how can i check on that?

    Thanks a million people. (:
    Sensor or mirror dirty can be cleaned. I don't see that as a problem. You are buying a used camera after all.

    Apart from the stuff already on your list, that is about as much as it is humanly possible to check.

  8. #8
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: How & What to check for a 2nd hand DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonyjw View Post
    thanks bro. as you know, the search functions doesn't really work at times. thanks alot. cheers.
    That is why we use google to search Clubsnap more.

    Try entering this into google:

    site:clubsnap.com and-whatever-you-want-to-search-here

  9. #9
    Member Sispecho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    451

    Default Re: How & What to check for a 2nd hand DSLR?

    Im not going to ask you to go google it, but im going to give you one good advice...

    Check if its still working.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •