Thread: Portraits Shooting

Default Portraits Shooting

hi, i am a newbie....and wish to learn and get more practical experience in Portraits shooting, is hiring a model a good idea? what in my mind is those model will know how to pose, and this will help me a lot in my shooting.....is there any suggestion? or any model that you shooting before can recommend to me?

Default Re: Portraits Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by chujou87 View Post
    hi, i am a newbie....and wish to learn and get more practical experience in Portraits shooting, is hiring a model a good idea? what in my mind is those model will know how to pose, and this will help me a lot in my shooting.....is there any suggestion? or any model that you shooting before can recommend to me?
    Why not start off with a friend? Its cheaper if you are just trying to experiment. Alternatively you can join the photoshoots that are advertised in this forum. If you want to hire a model you can check out the model directory, also in this forum

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Why not start off with a friend? Its cheaper if you are just trying to experiment. Alternatively you can join the photoshoots that are advertised in this forum. If you want to hire a model you can check out the model directory, also in this forum
    Best advice given. Go with a group of people you know. Or if you have none, join those paid outings. Everything else is taken care for you so you don't have to worry about arrangement and location headaches.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

hiring a professional model for solo shoot is good, but in the long run it's gonna be very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by chujou87 View Post
    Wrong thought. If the model knows how to pose and all you need to do is press the shutter release, what did you really learn? It's actually MUCH better for you to join the dozens of XMM shoots with all the newbie models here on CS and just try to switch on the creativity in your brain and figure out what "works" and what doesn't.
    Alpha

I think instead of learning from a model, you should learn from other experience photographer. Like attending a shoot with them or something (can be found in the photo shoots session) See how they talk to the model, how they pose, how they frame their shots, how they look at lightings etc etc and most important read more and learn how to control your cam

Quote Originally Posted by Anna213 View Post
    Hi, I'm interested in modelling.
    Your career here will be short-lived if you can't even follow forum rules.
    Alpha

Welcone to CS . . .

first read more about portraiture shots thru books or even the portrait & Pose sub-forum to have the basic understanding of what makes good portraiture shots . . .

i will suggest going for a photoshoot organised here (need to pay), there will be some seniors there too who may be able to give you advise . . . and the models should be able to pose properly for you . . .

after which, you can try getting your friends. family members etc for portrait shots . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

get some friend n hire model ......