Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Do i need a drybox? Why? Where to buy? How to buy drybox?

Default Re: Advice on dry carbinet

im also deciding which one over the 2 choices.
    But~~ which is more user friendly?? haha... seems like full digital is better eh??

There are already many threads on this, please do a search.
    Last edited by ed9119; 1st October 2010 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cadefox View Post
    How to get it rite ?? Setting the humidifier Cos no experience setting it. Hmm do they come with a instruction manual teaching you how to set?
    Yes it does come with a manual, its really easy for me to set, just need to wait for the humidity to drop and that its. The manual tells you where to turn the knob.

Ok thank Spree86
    Last edited by ed9119; 1st October 2010 at 01:27 PM.

I am using a food container for air isolation, plus a drier, as the dry carbinet for keeping my DSLR... Got both from NTUC. Cost me less than 30 bucks. Not sure how well it works though.

?? How big is your Food container ? can store your camera body and lens in ??

?? How big is your Food container ? can store your camera body and lens in ??
    Yeah... It has a volume of 11L if I remember correctly. It accommodates my D90 with kit lens, a drier. It still has room for a few more lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenRiver View Post
    Yeah... It has a volume of 11L if I remember correctly. It accommodates my D90 with kit lens, a drier. It still has room for a few more lenses.
    Hmm what is a Drier Btw ??

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenRiver View Post
    Hmm what is a Drier Btw ??
    I think he meant dehumidifier or silica gel?Cos to me a drier=hair dryer

http://shop34863475.taobao.com/searc...ckedRange=true

These are what I meant by drier... Dehumidifier is definitely a better term...

http://shop34863475.taobao.com/searc...ckedRange=true

These are what I meant by "drier"... Dehumidifier is definitely a more accurate term...

ya me too lol
    Last edited by ed9119; 1st October 2010 at 01:28 PM.

That mean u went to NTUC, Brought a BIG food container and the Dehumidider(http://shop34863475.taobao.com/searc...ckedRange=true), went home and put the Dehumidifer inside the BIG food container after that then u put your camera and lens inside iztt ??

Well, if you want to use a food container or any air tight box for that matter, you have to keep a constant lookout for the humidity level inside.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Well, if you want to use a food container or any air tight box for that matter, you have to keep a constant lookout for the humidity level inside.
    How do you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Ya Same Qns How do you do that ?

You have to get a hygrometer (can buy from home-fix) and place it inside the box. The recommended level is 40-55%. Too dry and the rubber parts might break apart, too moist and the box serve no purpose.

May i know how much is the Hygrometer?? BTw for the Dehumidifer got any specifty brand to buy or any brand also can, and the Dehumidifer can last for how mani month?

Never bought one before so not sure but its not that expensive i think. If you want you can get a dry box with hygrometer build, only around $20. and thirsty hippo is ok, last for sometime

Deregistered

May i know how much is the Hygrometer?? BTw for the Dehumidifer got any specifty brand to buy or any brand also can, and the Dehumidifer can last for how mani month?
    By the time you get this and that,it will almost add up to $100 where you can get a dry cabinet...

My suggestion,go to Fairprice Extra(AMK or Jurong Point) or MS Colour and get a dry box.It will cost about $23-25 and has a built in hygrometer and silica gel pack.The silica gel pack can be recharged by popping it into a microwave oven and should last you for a few years

Don't bother with dehumidifier(aka Thirsty Hippo) as they will make your dry box even drier than it's supposed to be...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast