Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sigma lens bought from b&h without sigma stamp

Default Re: sigma lens bought from b&h without sigma stamp

Quote Originally Posted by IsenGrim View Post

So it's supposed to come stamped. I'm ok with Sigma refusing to service a lens for free if the card is not stamped. Its just that I was expecting the card to be stamped when I bought it.

Well b&h is now closed for holidays and only reopening on coming sunday. Can't even send in customer support request.
    If it's just the stamp issue, wait for USA side to resume business then tell them about it. I am sure things can be settled if you show then proof of purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    Helen is from Adorama but she can definitely tell you about Sigma lenses' USA/International warranty.
    I am indeed from Adorama, but I've just sent my equivalent over at B&H (Henry Posner) an email, asking him to drop in here asap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Locally Sigma is ~$200 more, so a 'chop' is important

Maybe you can show the receipt; CC bill, etc?
    Worked for me a year ago.

Can you make a chop yourself??
    Actually for the 24/1.8, after you do conversion...

Without shipping, the B&H price is only $100 SGD less than a local set. And local set now gives you 18 months warranty.

I was thinking of buying in HK also. But after thinking , I find a 100-150 difference is not worth the trouble.

TS, if worst comes to worst, you just have to pay that $80 fee for calibration for non-warranty sets.

I bought a lens from b&h usa and it came without the dealer stamp, there were some focusing problem, and the lady at the sigma care center said it wasn't under warranty because there was no stamp.
    I bought the lens at a price that matches a legitimate set and assumed it was covered.
    Any neo had this experience?
    Ther person at Sigma with whom you spoke was apparently misinformed. I am sorry for this inconvenience. We shipped your Sigma lens exactly as we ship every Sigma lens and that includes NOT opening the box in our warehouse.

It would help matters if you'd e-mail your B&H order number to me (see my sig) and I'll address this with Sigma USA Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Actually for the 24/1.8, after you do conversion...

Without shipping, the B&H price is only $100 SGD less than a local set. And local set now gives you 18 months warranty.

I was thinking of buying in HK also. But after thinking , I find a 100-150 difference is not worth the trouble.

TS, if worst comes to worst, you just have to pay that $80 fee for calibration for non-warranty sets.
    That lady quoted me $150...
    Yea its around $100 cheaper than a local set without shipping. But the reason I wanted to order from B&H was that this lens could not be found in all the reputable stores. (i've tried calling all of them, and none of them carried)

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOster View Post
    I am indeed from Adorama, but I've just sent my equivalent over at B&H (Henry Posner) an email, asking him to drop in here asap.
    Thanks Helen!

Quote Originally Posted by henryp View Post
    Ther person at Sigma with whom you spoke was apparently misinformed. I am sorry for this inconvenience. We shipped your Sigma lens exactly as we ship every Sigma lens and that includes NOT opening the box in our warehouse.

It would help matters if you'd e-mail your B&H order number to me (see my sig) and I'll address this with Sigma USA Monday.
    Thanks Henry! I've sent you the email!

Thanks Henry! I've sent you the email!
    And I've emailed Sigma USA's general manager.

It's superlative support like this from Henry and Helen that makes shopping at B&H and Adorama completely satisfying. Thanks to both of you!

I do hope this works out for TS.

I guess they are still sorting it out between Sigma USA and Sigma Singapore.
    Lets home I get my lens serviced. Its totally unusable in low light conditions. AF fails completely.

I guess they are still sorting it out between Sigma USA and Sigma Singapore. Lets home I get my lens serviced. Its totally unusable in low light conditions. AF fails completely.
    I just pinged my contact at Sigma USA for you. You should have a copy in your in-box.

I just got a call from the same lady at Sigma Singapore today.

She told me that she received an email from Japan to accept the warranty of the lens in question, and made an appointment next week to get it serviced.

All I want to say is kudos to Henry from B&H and Mark from Sigma USA for getting this mess of mine sorted out.

Henry extended his helping hand as far as he can and got Mark in contact from Sigma USA for me. Then Mark intervened in my case and, I assume, made contact with various people from different regions of the world to make this work for me.

I truly applaud their post sales service and will be extremely glad to purchase from B&H and Sigma again.

Cheers to B&H and Sigma!

PS. My boss will be in the US again, maybe I should buy a Drobo enclosure from B&H and ask him to hand carry it back again =P
    Last edited by IsenGrim; 11th October 2010 at 11:19 PM.

for B&H
    for Sigma

I just got a call from the same lady at Sigma Singapore today.

She told me that she received an email from Japan to accept the warranty of the lens in question, and made an appointment next week to get it serviced.

All I want to say is kudos to Henry from B&H and Mark from Sigma USA for getting this mess of mine sorted out.

Henry extended his helping hand as far as he can and got Mark in contact from Sigma USA for me. Then Mark intervened in my case and, I assume, made contact with various people from different regions of the world to make this work for me.

I truly applaud their post sales service and will be extremely glad to purchase from B&H and Sigma again.

Cheers to B&H and Sigma!

PS. My boss will be in the US again, maybe I should buy a Drobo enclosure from B&H and ask him to hand carry it back again =P
    great work

That's a good news .

So does that mean that I will have no worries abt ordering sigma lens from B&H ?

Sigma singapore will honor the warranty ?
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12