Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11263134353637384146 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    my knowledge also quite limited. I got most of my info from talking to wildcat, as he has a modded D70.
    He says all his shots previously (when using IR filter) were like LE (few mins), even for those type of shots that would only require handheld if shot normally. Something to do with the ___ filter in the body blocking out most of the IR light.
    so even if we mod the camera itself, the exposure would still take a very long time? No right?
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    signal?
    so clever 2 points for you!

I prefer to call myself "camel"... or maybe "sherpa"....
    Exploring! :)

I'm Mindef sends soldiers to your home in the middle of the night for a 'tactical mission', dun blame me hor... I'm not the one who divulged privileged information
    haha all these are open secret.

so even if we mod the camera itself, the exposure would still take a very long time? No right?
    if you mod the camera body for IR photog, basically you remove the ____ filter and replace it with another that allows IR light to pass through. Then you get 'normal' exposure times once again, e.g. can handhold for normally bright scenes.

siong n most required else war no need to fight liao haha

ok thanks! must accumulate how many points then got free D7000? 20?

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    haha all these are open secret.
    ya lor. I know blue beret is support arms. But I was guessing which formation he's from. Lol
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

if you mod the camera body for IR photog, basically you remove the ____ filter and replace it with another that allows IR light to pass through. Then you get 'normal' exposure times once again, e.g. can handhold for normally bright scenes.
    ok. another qn. IR photography got use flash?

Since we are talking about flash thingy..

I have a very very good question to ask..

Anybody has any idea how you can shoot a firefly?
    Condition:
    • You won't be able to get near it cause it will fly further away from you the moment it sense your heat
    • Flash or any light source coming from your camera will automatically scare it away from your direction
    • How do you do Macro or tele here especially since no light could be used
    • Is IR an appropriate option
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

ok. another qn. IR photography got use flash?
    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post

Condition:
    • You won't be able to get near it cause it will fly further away from you the moment it sense your heat
    • Flash or any light source coming from your camera will automatically scare it away from your direction

2 very good questions.... which I don't know the answer to...
    heheheh will wait for someone more knowledgeable to answer...

ok thanks! must accumulate how many points then got free D7000? 20?

ya lor. I know blue beret is support arms. But I was guessing which formation he's from. Lol
    hahahah you wait long long...
    D7000 damn tempting hor...? I must resist...

I'm the blue beret in the khaki beret formation... the most unlucky... Go into dangerous territory carrying heavy load...

2 very good questions.... which I don't know the answer to...
    heheheh will wait for someone more knowledgeable to answer...
    yap.. it encounter to me last Sunday when I went Malaysia and visited one of the farm. Its freaking hard to shoot the firefly due to the condition i mention above. Long exposure will spoil the picture and not able to show the firefly with the light on the butt nicely..

The owner challenge me to take one but I could not take any nice shot.. He showed me one of the Ang Mo's photo. Its in A5 size enlarge with no noise and nicely taken. It puzzled me as i'm not sure how's it been done. Wonder if anybody encounter such an issue or know how to get it done.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Condition:
    wa very interesting question. Would like to know the answer too.

yap.. it encounter to me last Sunday when I went Malaysia and visited one of the farm. Its freaking hard to shoot the firefly due to the condition i mention above. Long exposure will spoil the picture and not able to show the firefly with the light on the butt nicely..

The owner challenge me to take one but I could not take any nice shot.. He showed me one of the Ang Mo's photo. Its in A5 size enlarge with no noise and nicely taken. It puzzled me as i'm not sure how's it been done. Wonder if anybody encounter such an issue or know how to get it done.
    Which part of malaysia did you go? Are there a lot of fireflies? Always see pictures so beautiful, wanna go see them 1 day

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    Which part of malaysia did you go? Are there a lot of fireflies? Always see pictures so beautiful, wanna go see them 1 day
    I don't have the name card with me now. Its at Pasi Gudang. I know the place of the name i spell wrong. Please correct me. ^^

my knowledge also quite limited. I got most of my info from talking to wildcat, as he has a modded D70.
    He says all his shots previously (when using IR filter) were like LE (few mins), even for those type of shots that would only require handheld if shot normally. Something to do with the ___ filter in the body blocking out most of the IR light.
    i set it from 15 secs to 1 mins depending on the natural lights at that moment.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Must study the firefly to find out what wavelength of light is predominantly produced.
    if more into the IR range, then IR photography should make them more pronounced.
    and if UV, then must take a UV photograph.

found some info on wikipedia:

Lampyridae is a family of insects in the beetle order Coleoptera. They are winged beetles, and commonly called fireflies or lightning bugs for their conspicuous crepuscular use of bioluminescence to attract mates or prey. Fireflies produce a "cold light", with no infrared or ultraviolet frequencies. This chemically-produced light from the lower abdomen may be yellow, green, or pale red — wavelengths from 510 to 670 nanometers.

shucks, so it's all visible light, which means IR/UV photography will not help.

hahahah you wait long long...
    D7000 damn tempting hor...? I must resist...

I'm the blue beret in the khaki beret formation... the most unlucky... Go into dangerous territory carrying heavy load...
    ya it's damn tempting. only one thing it's missing. the fact tt it's not FX. right?

blue in khaki also quite zai. my friend also in there now.

found some info on wikipedia:

Lampyridae is a family of insects in the beetle order Coleoptera. They are winged beetles, and commonly called fireflies or lightning bugs for their conspicuous crepuscular use of bioluminescence to attract mates or prey. Fireflies produce a "cold light", with no infrared or ultraviolet frequencies. This chemically-produced light from the lower abdomen may be yellow, green, or pale red wavelengths from 510 to 670 nanometers.

shucks, so it's all visible light, which means IR/UV photography will not help.
    lolx.. tt's the big headache.. how to take like tt..

ya it's damn tempting. only one thing it's missing. the fact tt it's not FX. right?

blue in khaki also quite zai. my friend also in there now.
    Yum....*smackinglips* Nice duck with yam rice + stewed hardboiled egg for lunch...

Not FX also very very tempting man... coz the specs are 10 times better than D90 but dun even cost as much as D300s... really... really tempting...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!