Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2172225262728293237 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

I can't be bothered by posting in the thread already. Not that my experience/non-experience helps either. But deep down I feel that it is so wrong. It is not about the equipment really - just switch that to D300s or even D700, if you still ask such questions (goes to show you don't even know your equipment), how to even shoot an important (someone else's) event like that? I don't feel worried or sorry for TS in anyway, more for the couple not knowing what they're getting into.

The last few posts pretty much nails it (except for a non-helper).

Well? Hard luck for the couple, and it wouldn't be the last case either. One thing makes me wonder, how in the world did they come across TS in the first place?... Didn't they at least request for portofio? I would, and did, when we got ours shot.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Smiles88, you still haven't gotten your step-up har?
    haven't yet. my fists are kinda tight(shou tou jing) at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    I'm reading the 'is d5000 + SB-600 suitable for wedding' thread. Kinda interestign
    wah lao bro. interesting never post link for us. LOL. I go have a look
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

hahaha, krig kirg ya bad man...

actually im not so worried abt TS abt the gears, i more worried abt his approach to the wedding, the style of shoot, even if he gets better gears, scared the shots will turn out more like snapshots from guest rather than a good coverage of the AD.....

happen to my cousin before.... i only blame my cuz for trying to save bucks and hired a student to do... haish...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

I can't be bothered by posting in the thread already. Not that my experience/non-experience helps either. But deep down I feel that it is so wrong. It is not about the equipment really - just switch that to D300s or even D700, if you still ask such questions (goes to show you don't even know your equipment), how to even shoot an important (someone else's) event like that? I don't feel worried or sorry for TS in anyway, more for the couple not knowing what they're getting into.

Well? Hard luck for the couple, and it wouldn't be the last case either. One thing makes me wonder, how in the world did they come across TS in the first place?... Didn't they at least request for portofio? I would, and did, when we got ours shot.
    well bro, there are some people who wish to perhaps, save a little after splurging on the banquet and such. I don't know, this is just my personal view. I probably wouldn't do tt. I mean, if I decide to marry a person, it goes to show tt I have strong feelings for her and I am looking forward to spending my life with her. I wouldn't want to spend my marraige life listening to her saying "aiyo, tt time should have spend more money" all those. LOL

edit: What's an AD?
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Actual Day
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    care to share ya views on it

I think its kinda weird. I mean if you are gonna shoot a wedding, and you ask if your gears are alright for it, it clearly shows you do not know the limitations and capabilities of your own gears. Gears aside, just that factor alone means you are not ready to shoot a wedding liao..

well bro, there are some people who wish to perhaps, save a little after splurging on the banquet and such. I don't know, this is just my personal view. I probably wouldn't do tt. I mean, if I decide to marry a person, it goes to show tt I have strong feelings for her and I am looking forward to spending my life with her. I wouldn't want to spend my marraige life listening to her saying "aiyo, tt time should have spend more money" all those. LOL

Best not to assume that the couple is not asking for something much, we don't even know their side of the story yet. But for TS, all laid out in plain letters already right?

hahaha, krig kirg ya bad man...

actually im not so worried abt TS abt the gears, i more worried abt his approach to the wedding, the style of shoot, even if he gets better gears, scared the shots will turn out more like snapshots from guest rather than a good coverage of the AD.....

happen to my cousin before.... i only blame my cuz for trying to save bucks and hired a student to do... haish...
    Why are you even worried since he's only concerned about his gears? And that we're not helping him with full details?

haven't yet. my fists are kinda tight(shou tou jing) at the moment.

wah lao bro. interesting never post link for us. LOL. I go have a look
    Bro... if you skip a pack today, you'd probably get it already! (now I go feel my ring....mwaaaaaaahhhhhh, so smoooth the finish....so worth it!)
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 6th October 2010 at 10:48 AM.

Why are you even worried since he's only concerned about his gears? And that we're not helping him with full details?
    i wanna be a good forumer mah.... more than a lot of bros here have pointed out to him...
    but i guess its pride, the thought of D5k is a dslr but not the right or suitable one for the job, irked him off... hahaha... who knows....

PS:krig, go my flckr see the pic title princess, how is that making use of RRS head enough...??
    ehem ehem...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

i wanna be a good forumer mah.... more than a lot of bros here have pointed out to him...
    but i guess its pride, the thought of D5k is a dslr but not the right or suitable one for the job, irked him off... hahaha... who knows....

PS:krig, go my flckr see the pic title princess, how is that making use of RRS head enough...??
    ehem ehem...
    Nice!!!! But bro... next time teach her how to hold the PnS properly lah!!! Not her fault, you have been caught slacking bro...

ehem ehem...
    I think he's just angsty lah. But viewing from his posts in the thread, TS is definitely not ready to be the main photog. Even if he's doing it for free. It's not really about gears, it's more about the skills and the proficiency of the photog. Yeah he can say things like camera not good or what, but it all boils down to the user. Example, I got a Nissan GTR manual transmission, I only got class 3A license, give me sports car also no use!!

edit: wah piang akerue... I saw it I was like . haha

Bro... if you skip a pack today, you'd probably get it already!
    Wah piang. I not so heavy 1. mayb a pack last 3-4 days man
    Last edited by Smiles88; 6th October 2010 at 11:04 AM.

Now, that's even more effective! Bro, go for something you can put in your bag, rather than on the ash tray...

Thats a lie!

Thats a lie!
    Smiles88, you're owned!!!

Thats a lie!
    whr got lie! okay I should clarify. When I'm only working and go home straight after work, only a few. But if I go out, tt's a different story...

ehem ehem...
    Bro, I like your "Please do not sit on railing shot"! Goes to show some people just do not listen...

whr got lie! okay I should clarify. When I'm only working and go home straight after work, only a few. But if I go out, tt's a different story...
    OWNEDDDD!!!!!

Nice!!!! But bro... next time teach her how to hold the PnS properly lah!!! Not her fault, you have been caught slacking bro...
    Bro, I like your "Please do not sit on railing shot"! Goes to show some people just do not listen...
    wahahaha, pain pain.... sorry lah, i never teach her how to hold one, whatever she does she copies me... u shld see with the bigger cam.. now thats a sight.... hahahha...

thanks, for liking that pic...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Actually, D5000 can shoot weddings right? I mean as at least 2nd photog. Main photog usually use at least 2 bodies I believe.