Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212641 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 1005

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

  1. #301
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Tokina 11-16/2.8 anyone??

  2. #302
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    You not interested??
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  3. #303
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    I'm starting to wonder about flashes now (wondering oni hor!...) SB600, SB800, SB900 or the coming SB700?.... hmmmmm....
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  4. #304

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    I'm starting to wonder about flashes now (wondering oni hor!...) SB600, SB800, SB900 or the coming SB700?.... hmmmmm....
    hmmmm, soon u will be wondering , softbox or umbrella, studio strobes or speedlites.... hehehehehheeh
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  5. #305
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    hmmmm, soon u will be wondering , softbox or umbrella, studio strobes or speedlites.... hehehehehheeh
    Bro... Photography is a loooooooooong journey...you'll always wonder about a lot of things... Btw, I already have a 300W halogen Video light from my SLR days...

    Thinking of stackable LEDs also ....pretty cheap these days!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 3rd October 2010 at 11:56 AM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  6. #306

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Bro... Photography is a loooooooooong journey...you'll always wonder about a lot of things... Btw, I already have a 300W halogen Video light from my SLR days...

    Thinking of stackable LEDs also ....pretty cheap these days!
    yup yup, LEDs are the in thing now, but no diff from the 1k, lights, so harsh on the subject, thou u can diffuse it, but the feel is different... and some LEDs can throw quite far, like the one at OP we caw the huge as* LEDs... but harsh... thats just me...... coming from video perspective...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  7. #307
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    yup yup, LEDs are the in thing now, but no diff from the 1k, lights, so harsh on the subject, thou u can diffuse it, but the feel is different... and some LEDs can throw quite far, like the one at OP we caw the huge as* LEDs... but harsh... thats just me...... coming from video perspective...
    Hence in your opinion LEDs can produce very harsh lights even with diffuser? You've tried it already?
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  8. #308

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Hence in your opinion LEDs can produce very harsh lights even with diffuser? You've tried it already?
    if u are referring to the smaller LEDs of course u wont notice much.... But the bigger one yup it does, its less harsh with the Diffuser on, but like i say it just me.... prefer softlights Like KINO rather than hardlights...

    remembers there are diff between MIC litepanels and Those from Litepanel itself.... noticeably colour temp, price....heheheheh
    Last edited by akerue; 3rd October 2010 at 12:10 PM.
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  9. #309
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    You not interested??
    mildly only...

    Will stick with my 12-24 for now... a bit bankrupt after car repair. Gotta stop looking at cars if I wanna preserve whatever is left!
    Exploring! :)

  10. #310
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    I'm starting to wonder about flashes now (wondering oni hor!...) SB600, SB800, SB900 or the coming SB700?.... hmmmmm....
    To take photos of your kid, I think an ext flash is very handy. If you wanna take decent family portraits during festive occasion, it can prove invaluable.
    But I guess akerue will prefer more 'power' lights
    Exploring! :)

  11. #311
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    To take photos of your kid, I think an ext flash is very handy. If you wanna take decent family portraits during festive occasion, it can prove invaluable.
    But I guess akerue will prefer more 'power' lights
    I think power lights more suitable for indoors, outdoors - flash more convenient!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  12. #312

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    To take photos of your kid, I think an ext flash is very handy. If you wanna take decent family portraits during festive occasion, it can prove invaluable.
    But I guess akerue will prefer more 'power' lights
    dude somtimes i walkaround and take pics, with a tumax speedlite, small and light, compared to sb900 or 800 even....

    those [power] lights... only will come into play if it for work...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  13. #313
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    tumax har.... Okay will consider... anyway, I'm not for events - no crucial shoots so not so speedy can do also...

    I need "work" lights also for my products, LEDs pretty small - can just put everything on big table with small tripods lolz!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 3rd October 2010 at 12:27 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  14. #314

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    so sorry to change the topic and distract from DD123's (and wildcat's) happy day....

    jeezuinn, got someone selling 105mm micro-nikkor, but MF version. Can consider leh.... price is cheap. I would assume that you use MF most times during macro shoot.
    Thanks for the headsup, but i think im gonna get the 105mm Micro in shanghai during my trip. Not exactly in a hurry to get it, and its nearly 200 bucks cheaper there.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    This im interested though

  15. #315

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    tumax har.... Okay will consider... anyway, I'm not for events - no crucial shoots so not so speedy can do also...

    I need "work" lights also for my products, LEDs pretty small - can just put everything on big table with small tripods lolz!
    hehehehe, yup tumax handy cheap with TTL cheaper than nissin apparently, performance u get what u pay for....
    well u can use LEDs and Speedlite at the same time...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  16. #316

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    This outing is a NO GO due to bad weather.
    Yay. Bad weather. I still went anyways (not lower seletar)

    "Doomday"


  17. #317

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Congrats to DD123 n Wildcat

  18. #318
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by SnagIt View Post
    Yay. Bad weather. I still went anyways (not lower seletar)

    "Doomday"

    Horizon tilt, bro. Water body a bit distracting - better if more clouds above since you're more interested in Doomsday right? No 10-stop filter yet? BBB Btw, I think a slight hint of lens curvature on the horizon.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  19. #319
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    hehehehe, yup tumax handy cheap with TTL cheaper than nissin apparently, performance u get what u pay for....
    well u can use LEDs and Speedlite at the same time...
    I know Nissin is a popular 3rd party flash to go for... Skylover is probably going to posion me with his Di866.

    Tumax... which model btw? DPT386 AFZ is it? Mass sales states S$165... good price or better else where?

    I might consider getting a bracket and extension cord also...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  20. #320
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    hmmmm, soon u will be wondering , softbox or umbrella, studio strobes or speedlites.... hehehehehheeh
    Speaking of brollies... still scratching my head why there are Silver and white ones... I know they probably produce different effects, but when to use which?... Any examples??
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •