Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part III

Quote Originally Posted by MGohzxc View Post
    It depends on how far you stand away from the fence.
    I was standing quite close about 20m and I'm using a 70-200 f/4. The fence almost disappeared.

Porsche:
    Well, the thing is "almost"...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Frankly, visually no difference - you can't even feel it! But the seller says it is in the material used. Japanese version use better quality material, things like strap will last longer than EU or US models... whether you wanna believe that it's up to you. Say can last longer than 10yrs... but bro... 10 yrs later you probably would get hooked on another newer G-shock then!...
    who knows? i may be a faithful user... anyway, tml i will go out to see see look look..
    will drop u a pm if i am interested.. alright for u?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFields View Post
    who knows? i may be a faithful user... anyway, tml i will go out to see see look look..
    will drop u a pm if i am interested.. alright for u?
    Not at Bencoolen building you're not, they confirm don't have it there! Which version are you interested in?

Not at Bencoolen building you're not, they confirm don't have it there! Which version are you interested in?
    my purpose of going to bencoolen is to look for something similar (black bg and those 'grey' numbers)..
    at the same time save some $$$... still not very sure of which model i intend to go for.. not a casio savy guy.. :x
    Last edited by WhiteFields; 1st October 2010 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFields View Post
    my purpose of going to bencoolen is to look for something similar (black bg and those 'grey' numbers)..
    at the same time save some $$$... still not very sure of which model i intend to go for.. not a casio savy guy.. :x
    Go look see look see first! You might never know there may just be a model for you as well.. if it fails to impress you, pm me and I'll give locations of where you can get that all-black model.

ZCA's brief review of Canon 60D:
    • Rubber hand grip is good size and quite ergonomic, but feels too 'spongy'.
    • Centre of gravity of 60D + 15-85 is too far to the left, such that you can't really hold it balanced with 1 hand.
    • PITA to operate. Power switch at bottom. Why???
    • PITA to operate. So difficult to configure stuff and playback and zoom and delete.
    • Swivel LCD hinge is on the left. Can't easily flip the screen downward when holding camera above head.
    • did I mention PITA to operate?

I'm sticking to Nikon for sure!

Go look see look see first! You might never know there may just be a model for you as well.. if it fails to impress you, pm me and I'll give locations of where you can get that all-black model.
    alright.. thank you!

MORNING GUYS!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    • Centre of gravity of 60D + 15-85 is too far to the left, such that you can't really hold it balanced with 1 hand.
    • PITA to operate. So difficult to configure stuff and playback and zoom and delete.
    • Swivel LCD hinge is on the left. Can't easily flip the screen downward when holding camera above head.

Actually bro, having the LCD swivel on the left side is a good move. Imagine the D5000 on a tripod....

And yes, I love to have to power switch at the shutter. Super fast.

Did you have PITA bread for dinner? I just wanna sound neutral with my findings, but you obviously made yours PRETTY clear!

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Actually bro, having the LCD swivel on the left side is a good move. Imagine the D5000 on a tripod....

How's the morning shoot?? I woke up at about 6:30... Sunrise comes into my bedroom, but sky a bit hazy today... Reaped anything good?

Blog Entries

How's the morning shoot?? I woke up at about 6:30... Sunrise comes into my bedroom, but sky a bit hazy today... Reaped anything good?
    Not the best, but not bad too... will have to wait to this evening to process the pics. Going to have a full day today.

Not the best, but not bad too... will have to wait to this evening to process the pics. Going to have a full day today.
    That's good! Well, have an easy busy day. Looks like a hot weather today.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 2nd October 2010 at 08:45 AM.

morning bro...

Looking forward to your morning pics...!
    Woke up a bit groggy this morning, but determined not to sleep in too late... hehehe.

To me the flip LCD is a bit gimmicky on a DSLR, esp a "semi-pro" one. I would imagine the main usefulness is to hold camera above head and still be able to see the screen. In that sense having the hinge on the side is a bit troublesome, coz the entire screen has to be flipped out before it can be flipped downward. Risky if you're jostling with a crowd to get pics of a celeb, for example.
    I seriously doubt that I'd flip out the LCD if the camera was mounted on a tripod ...... unless camera is very low to the ground and I wanna angle the screen upward...
    so I guess both ideas have their pros and cons.
    Exploring! :)

Did you have PITA bread for dinner? I just wanna sound neutral with my findings, but you obviously made yours PRETTY clear!
    hahahah there's a lot to like about the 60D, but having gotten used to the D90, I don't find it intuitive.

1 other thing irked me, and I hope it can be modified under menu settings...:
    - Immediately after a shot, when the image review comes on for a few seconds, you cannot immediately zoom in to check for sharpness. When you press the 'zoom' button, the screen goes blank. So you gotta press the playback button again, calling up the same image, THEN only can you zoom in.

Also, with most of the important buttons located near the shutter release, your right index finger has high risk of cramping up if you repeatedly need to adjust ISO 3 step procedure: press the ISO button, turn the dial, press the ISO button again.
    Last edited by ZerocoolAstra; 2nd October 2010 at 08:54 AM.

hahahah there's a lot to like about the 60D, but having gotten used to the D90, I don't find it intuitive.

1 other thing irked me, and I hope it can be modified under menu settings...:
    - Immediately after a shot, when the image review comes on for a few seconds, you cannot immediately zoom in to check for sharpness. When you press the 'zoom' button, the screen goes blank. So you gotta press the playback button again, calling up the same image, THEN only can you zoom in.
    Yup, I've experienced that too... a bit of a "WTF???" situation when you want a quick assessment of your take... I guess 60D aren't for "quick access" shooters like us...

I think the scroll button on the top is a bit too tight for comfort especially if you have long fingers of big hands... I dunno, I think the grip is slightly smaller than D90 or 50D...maybe I gotta re-fondle the body again next time... lol

To me, pros and cons to the top buttons... how do you normally change the D90 top button settings? Use both hands? I trust 60D wanted to eliminate that.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 2nd October 2010 at 08:58 AM.

Yup, I've experienced that too... a bit of a "WTF???" situation when you want a quick assessment of your take... I guess 60D aren't for "quick access" shooters like us...

I think the scroll button on the top is a bit too tight for comfort especially if you have long fingers of big hands... I dunno, I think the grip is slightly smaller than D90 or 50D...maybe I gotta re-fondle the body again next time... lol

To me, pros and cons to the top buttons... how do you normally change the D90 top button settings? Use both hands? I trust 60D wanted to eliminate that.
    for adjusting EV, I like the fact that the combo is press of the button and turning of the rear dial. The spacing is just nice that the fingers don't feel cramped (hence why I didn't quite like D40... too small).
    Similarly for flash EV I reach for the button with my left thumb and then operate the flash mode or flash EV with forefinger or thumb (front/rear dials) respectively.

for adjusting EV, I like the fact that the combo is press of the button and turning of the rear dial. The spacing is just nice that the fingers don't feel cramped (hence why I didn't quite like D40... too small).
    Similarly for flash EV I reach for the button with my left thumb and then operate the flash mode or flash EV with forefinger or thumb (front/rear dials) respectively.
    Yeah, me too - index to hold down the buttons and thumb to scroll the wheel...

I take back what I've said about weather... It's POURING CATS AND DOGS!!!!!!!!

Reporting in! Been a little inactive past few days. Just came back from jacob's outing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    Reporting in! Been a little inactive past few days. Just came back from jacob's outing.
    aiyo nv see u again. was there too

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    aiyo nv see u again. was there too
    Ya when i went back, then i see ur name on the list, and i rmb you're in the outing too! Nvm la, im the third from the right in the front row for the group photo! Haha

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast