Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pentaxians October 2010 outing - calling for suggestion

Default Re: Pentaxians October 2010 outing - calling for suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Mint Museum not viable. The place cannot hold our large number of people. I know as I have been there 3 times already. Twice to help a friend take photos of his bears being displayed there.

Displays are all behind glass and really make it difficult to take pictures with flash. if you can go flash-less it would be good but ISO need to boost up.
    Mint Museum can take photo one??? then i will find one day go....

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Mint Museum not viable. The place cannot hold our large number of people. I know as I have been there 3 times already. Twice to help a friend take photos of his bears being displayed there.

Displays are all behind glass and really make it difficult to take pictures with flash. if you can go flash-less it would be good but ISO need to boost up.
    Thanks for the advice felix! Im using k-x so hopefully iso is sufficient. Which of these 3 lenses should I bring along for the museum?
    1. smc-m 50mm F1.7
    2. Tammy 17-50mm F2.8
    3. DFA 100mm WR MACRO

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by EvanPoh; 30th September 2010 at 03:16 PM.

lets stay on topic.

Ideas for Oct outing:

Macritchie
    Pulau Ubin
    St. John
    Admiralty Park
    Woodlands Waterfront

Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    lets stay on topic.

Ideas for Oct outing:

Macritchie
    Pulau Ubin
    St. John
    Admiralty Park
    Woodlands Waterfront

Any other suggestions?
    kent ridge park
    sungei buloh
    kampong buangkok
    little india (deepavali is coming rite?)
    labrador park

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlightsg View Post
    Mint Museum can take photo one??? then i will find one day go....
    I took these 3 years ago.
    The Museum is not that big but I am pretty sure the owner will be happy we all jam in there anyway. It has quite pleasant surroundings. If you opt for the Museum, after that can still take some street photos outside and of course, coffee and tea readily available too.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...museum&page=76
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    lets stay on topic.

Ideas for Oct outing:

Macritchie
    Pulau Ubin
    St. John
    Admiralty Park
    Woodlands Waterfront

Any other suggestions?
    Wa i having sunrise outing there on the 9 October.If both groups clash then it'll be

Quote Originally Posted by EvanPoh View Post
    Thanks for the advice felix! Im using k-x so hopefully iso is sufficient. Which of these 3 lenses should I bring along for the museum?
    1. smc-m 50mm F1.7
    2. Tammy 17-50mm F2.8
    3. DFA 100mm WR MACRO

Thanks in advance.
    Nos 2 & 3. oh wth, Bring all lah. then can try out.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    I took these 3 years ago.
    The Museum is not that big but I am pretty sure the owner will be happy we all jam in there anyway. It has quite pleasant surroundings. If you opt for the Museum, after that can still take some street photos outside and of course, coffee and tea readily available too.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...museum&page=76
    abit OT, viewing these thread of "old" photos bring back so many memories of fellow pentaxians CSers.
    shoot to remember. flickr

I suggest in addition to have a dinner and talk as a get together for Pentaxians and have MORE time to socialize. Also, could be an opportunity for Emjay or others to show off their new acquisitions Kr, K5, new lenses etc. Also can get press coverage. Sell t-shirts, maybe even invite Pentax Malaysia to come as well to give talk on what's happening on the other side. We don't need to go to fanciful restaurants. You never know some Japanese Pentaxians may want to join as well. We should also start to collect more info on Pentaxians for other network opportunities.... wow... What you think?
    __________________________________________________ _
    http://living-a-good-life.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogh53 View Post
    I suggest in addition to have a dinner and talk as a get together for Pentaxians and have MORE time to socialize. Also, could be an opportunity for Emjay or others to show off their new acquisitions Kr, K5, new lenses etc. Also can get press coverage. Sell t-shirts, maybe even invite Pentax Malaysia to come as well to give talk on what's happening on the other side. We don't need to go to fanciful restaurants. You never know some Japanese Pentaxians may want to join as well. We should also start to collect more info on Pentaxians for other network opportunities.... wow... What you think?
    Good idea. Never thought of engaging Japanese or other international Pentaxians in Singapore. Since this is the biggest Pentaxians group in the world, this is a thought in the right direction. Lets get together for lunch or some things and flesh this out.

Back to the thread, from the many suggestions, can do a Pentax Marathon starting from 6.45 am to midnight. We had one a few years back. We had a lot of fun shooting macro, street, sunset, and neon lights.

So, Marathon Outing (macro, street, night scenes, sunset, sunrise), any one?

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    Good idea. Never thought of engaging Japanese or other international Pentaxians in Singapore. Since this is the biggest Pentaxians group in the world, this is a thought in the right direction. Lets get together for lunch or some things and flesh this out.

Back to the thread, from the many suggestions, can do a Pentax Marathon starting from 6.45 am to midnight. We had one a few years back. We had a lot of fun shooting macro, street, sunset, and neon lights.

So, Marathon Outing (macro, street, night scenes, sunset, sunrise), any one?
    wah .... so serious ar .... like that got to apply leave from my wife wor ....

then again.... mid Oct reservist
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post

starting oct 12?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post

no necessary have to stay the whole marathon, can do quarter, half or three quarters marathon. but we may need more than 1 leader this time as it is not fair to expect FW to stay the whole marathon.

by the look of it.... most likely its mid or late oct when the first batch of K-5 arrives... then i will have to skip this... not in SIN till end of Oct...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogh53 View Post
    I don't mind the socializing part but it is one thing to come up with a crop of nebulous ideas but they all have to pass the viability test. I know one thing, there ain't no Pentax Malaysia to speak off... to few Pentax users and too dispersed.

I think we have been shooting nature/macro/landscape a lot lately... perhaps time to shoot STREET/URBAN LANSCAPES

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    I think we have been shooting nature/macro/landscape a lot lately... perhaps time to shoot STREET/URBAN LANSCAPES
    ORCHARD RIVER (oops.. ROAD) - I think the subjects there can be very diverse; except that so many red t-shirts will get us noticed too quickly. This guy tungtong does have very interesting urban street shooting; not sure I dare to go that close from some of his shots.

How about the Pasir Panjang whole sale market - this is very focused subject. Can have interesting shots, if we can "frame the story"

East Coast Park - this is a good track all the way to Changi Village - you get landscape, people, sport, and above all lovers!
    __________________________________________________ _
    http://living-a-good-life.blogspot.com

Another suggestion is to do portraits.

need models though.

Little India and the Deepavali street bazaar held along Campbell Lane...?

http://www.yoursingapore.com/content...tails.493.html

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Little India and the Deepavali street bazaar held along Campbell Lane...?

http://www.yoursingapore.com/content...tails.493.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast