Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: Official D3100 User Thread

Default Re: Official D3100 User Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Photosensitive View Post
    thanks pal.

Ha, that's my question too, is $834 inclusive of GST ?
    $834 include GST & cash only! free 8G card. I think no other shop in Singapore will sell lower than this! Canon G12 at $747, Canon 300HS at $484.
    Last month bought G12 from them & tomorow will buy D3100 & 300HS from them.

Are the 800++ prices with the kit lens?

I am also researching whether to buy this camera... my first DSLR. Was thinking to get a cheap body which I might eventually upgrade 'IF' it outgrew me....

Currently owned Nikon 4500, Canon 5iS. (with wide angle lens)
    I take mainly landscape, software stitch for pano, wide-angle indoor, experimental macros.. of cos some indoors of my baby girl...

Wondering if this lens can do all the above > AF-S 18-105mm f/2.5-5.6G ED-VR DX
    Any advise on alternative lens??

Quote Originally Posted by donchua View Post
    Just check the equote, it was $780 before GST. After GST was $834.60.
    Oh, the shop that I mentioned quoted me is AP, looks like they are not very consistence in their pricing.I thought I am a regular customer for many years but seems like they value anyone requesting thru equote than a regular customer for more than 10years.

Any know if any shop do D3100 body only ? There was an earlier post that said AP do that, when they said no when I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by yappiez View Post
    Are the 800++ prices with the kit lens?

I am also researching whether to buy this camera... my first DSLR. Was thinking to get a cheap body which I might eventually upgrade 'IF' it outgrew me....

Currently owned Nikon 4500, Canon 5iS. (with wide angle lens)
    I take mainly landscape, software stitch for pano, wide-angle indoor, experimental macros.. of cos some indoors of my baby girl...

Wondering if this lens can do all the above > AF-S 18-105mm f/2.5-5.6G ED-VR DX
    Any advise on alternative lens??
    I got a Tamron 17-50 F/2.8 VC. Am considering if I should get a Nikor 55-300 or may be a 18-200 for oversea travel. Anyone knows the market price?

55-300 is near 600.
    18-200 is near 1000....
    From Nikon site...

I am considering the first one due to price and not so good review on the 2nd one...
    With 400 saved, I reckon I can buy at least another lens or flash or something elsse....

Quote Originally Posted by yappiez View Post
    55-300 is near 600.
    18-200 is near 1000....
    From Nikon site...

I am considering the first one due to price and not so good review on the 2nd one...
    With 400 saved, I reckon I can buy at least another lens or flash or something elsse....
    I understand where u r coming from, however, I m thinking that if I travel oversea for leisure with kids, I need to travel light. Meaning if I get 55-300, I do still need my 17-50 whereas 18-200 will probably good enough.

Ha, guess I sound more like a pns guy huh?

I understand where u r coming from, however, I m thinking that if I travel oversea for leisure with kids, I need to travel light. Meaning if I get 55-300, I do still need my 17-50 whereas 18-200 will probably good enough.

Ha, guess I sound more like a pns guy huh?
    since you have the 17-50, i think its a saving to get the 55-300.

Quote Originally Posted by burboy View Post
    55-300 is a fine lens. If you don't like complicated thing, I think 18-200 is a better len than 55-300.

Quote Originally Posted by burboy View Post
    Yes, think of that but that also means I have to carry two lens when I travel oversea.

Quote Originally Posted by dw8888 View Post
    55-300 is a fine lens. If you don't like complicated thing, I think 18-200 is a better len than 55-300.
    Yes, I do agree with you. Tried the 55-300mm juz now. Dun quite like it actually. Very plastic feel and feel more like a toy. At less than $500, it's price is too attractive to be ignored though.

still wondering Between the 18-200 (better quality and feel, personal feel that image is better but I do not want to mention this since potentially will get fired by many bro here with such remarks) and 55-300 (price)

Oh, the shop that I mentioned quoted me is AP, looks like they are not very consistence in their pricing.I thought I am a regular customer for many years but seems like they value anyone requesting thru equote than a regular customer for more than 10years.

Any know if any shop do D3100 body only ? There was an earlier post that said AP do that, when they said no when I asked.
    Somebody posted AP SLS got sell body only.
    The kit lens was removed from the set.
    But got to look for the boss as only he can do that...

I just returned this camera today to the shop I bought from. Now I am allowed to change to another model but the price must be similar or higher.
    Bought this camera yesterday and discovered that there is some small defects with the sensor or maybe something else? There is a very thin & short red line which appear on every picture I took. The red line gets brighter each time I raise the ISO. Then I start to compare its IQ with my old D3000. On good bright daylight, D3100 image turns out to be very soft or blur comparing it with my old D3000. But I must say D3100 handle high ISO very well.
    Now I am lost as in which camera should I change to ?

Camera Sensor rankings with DxOMark Scores

Four different DxOMark Scores to rank camera sensors at RAW level are available: The Sensor Overall Score, showing the performance for a general purpose use case, the Portrait Score based on Color Depth, the Landscape Score based on Dynamic Range and the Sports Score based on Low-Light ISO.

Got mine yesterday from SLR (Funan) for $835 with the 8GB mem card.

anyone gotten body only? dont intend get the kit..

Smile Re: Official D3100 User Thread

This camera is awesome

this is my very first slr.
    i had a canon ixus 60 and LX3.

after a few weeks of reading in internet ... kenrocks well .. amazon review ..dpreivew ... and others ...i decide to go for it ... never regret it
    i was even trying my friends camrea pentax k10 , 550d ..
    pentax was heavy ...550D is about the same weight but it somehow looks bigger than 3100 and of cos ard 1200 ... better live view ( 230k dots vs 100K+ dot ) ...well..i m ok with that..

it "really" is light camrea . . i brought it to my trip and strap around and shoot... for me, weight is a concern.
    i don't want to carry heavy camrea all day when traveling and scrolling around donwtown ... (may be for now..i guess )

for me , i didn't really need/want those bells and whistle of those higher end , as i m just starting in photography...

bought from tk photo ...
    i was at the same time searched for prime lens
    35mm af-s 1.8 DX caught my eye.
    read lots of review about that lens and yep, i am pretty convinced that it will be my 1st prime .
    it actually happen ...lol

i bought d3100 (with kits) + 35mm prime len @ tk photo..
    that len is a beaut . . . low light is great ...sharp..

another thing i likw about this d3100 is it has range finder ...when u do manual focusing , it has an range indicator that go left and right till it has total focus .. pretty neat feature ...

i really do recommend this light weight competent camera for ppl like me who jump to dslr from p/s

cost
    weight
    feature

and buy 35mm 1.8 .... trust me ...

and buy filter..... really ... i realise the benefit of it , when i do travel .... i have less worry about my len being scrtach and hit ...as i don't have bag ... i feel that it is an extra step and take out and put in ... ( may be i haven't caught rain with this camrea yet..ahahah)

for the price of ard 1200, u would get d3100 + 18-55 + 35mm f1.8

Quote Originally Posted by badblade View Post
    This camera is awesome

this is my very first slr.
    i had a canon ixus 60 and LX3.

after a few weeks of reading in internet ... kenrocks well .. amazon review ..dpreivew ... and others ...i decide to go for it ... never regret it
    i was even trying my friends camrea pentax k10 , 550d ..
    pentax was heavy ...550D is about the same weight but it somehow looks bigger than 3100 and of cos ard 1200 ... better live view ( 230k dots vs 100K+ dot ) ...well..i m ok with that..

it "really" is light camrea . . i brought it to my trip and strap around and shoot... for me, weight is a concern.
    i don't want to carry heavy camrea all day when traveling and scrolling around donwtown ... (may be for now..i guess )

for me , i didn't really need/want those bells and whistle of those higher end , as i m just starting in photography...

bought from tk photo ...
    i was at the same time searched for prime lens
    35mm af-s 1.8 DX caught my eye.
    read lots of review about that lens and yep, i am pretty convinced that it will be my 1st prime .
    it actually happen ...lol

i bought d3100 (with kits) + 35mm prime len @ tk photo..
    that len is a beaut . . . low light is great ...sharp..

another thing i likw about this d3100 is it has range finder ...when u do manual focusing , it has an range indicator that go left and right till it has total focus .. pretty neat feature ...

i really do recommend this light weight competent camera for ppl like me who jump to dslr from p/s

cost
    weight
    feature

and buy 35mm 1.8 .... trust me ...

and buy filter..... really ... i realise the benefit of it , when i do travel .... i have less worry about my len being scrtach and hit ...as i don't have bag ... i feel that it is an extra step and take out and put in ... ( may be i haven't caught rain with this camrea yet..ahahah)

for the price of ard 1200, u would get d3100 + 18-55 + 35mm f1.8
    heh, i looking at simlar combi less the 18-55...looking for 18-105...so can zoom more if need to.....u know if tk does allow upgrade to the other longer lens?
    btw do u have any bag or sd card provided?
    Last edited by garrett09; 11th November 2010 at 09:59 PM.

8gb SD card is provided..a free nikon bag was oso thrown in when i bought mine at TK foto =)
    D3100 + 18-55mm kit lens

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiz08 View Post
    8gb SD card is provided..a free nikon bag was oso thrown in when i bought mine at TK foto =)
    how much u bought? with the std kit, 18-55?

what type of SD card they give? 8GB, but class 6?

$850 with kit lense + 8bg SD card (class unknown cos not written) + nikon camera bag
    D3100 + 18-55mm kit lens

What is the price like for D3100 with a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 VR? Or are there any other similar fast focusing lens?

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast