Thread: Anyone got letter "Readers Digest Sweepstakes"?

Default Anyone got letter "Readers Digest Sweepstakes"?

I was a subscriber almost 8-10 years ago... And this suddenly came. Anyone got the letter also?

Default Re: Anyone got letter "Readers Digest Sweepstakes"?

I don't receive and I also received before (more than once). Just threw away
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

I got it, read it and replied them. they will usually tie in some purchases which will increase your chance of winnings/prize value. but if u dont make the purchase you still get to take part in it. just read and follow the instructions, you dont have to pay a single cent to enter the sweepstakes. well, just trying my luck. haha!

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    I was a subscriber almost 8-10 years ago... And this suddenly came. Anyone got the letter also?
    "was" ====> because you are no longer a subscriber they will send you that to make you subscribe again. marketing gimmick.

i also received maybe 10 times already...but never subscribe once, hence also never kanna the lucky draw.
    Last edited by ninelives; 30th September 2010 at 12:10 PM.
    Objection !!!

i will say it is a 'scam' of sorts.

i had seen them doing this since my secondary sch days (i am in my thirties now).

just ignore them lah... it's a marketing ploy to get you to buy their stuff. they always entice you with additional prizes to be won... like a brand-new car.

for example;

1st letter/offer - to have a chance to win the car, you need to buy something. so you buy it and you are supposedly in for the car draw.

2nd letter/offer - to have a chance to win the same car, you need to buy something again.

so... does it mean that if i don't buy anything from the 2nd letter/offer, my chance to win the car in the 1st letter/offer is voided? don't know if i will call this a scam since Reader's Digest is a legit company. but the way they operate smells like a scam.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

i love to receive these stuff from reader's digest. They sometimes come with a car key which i will give my son to play. the rest just throw in the bin.
    Insults so far:
    "Sad, got hypocrite like u.", greenieadi(2010)

Received 1 month ago, straight go into the nearest bin after i open the letterbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Muckafutha View Post
    i love to receive these stuff from reader's digest. They sometimes come with a car key which i will give my son to play. the rest just throw in the bin.
    i also love those scratch-and-win thing... am still trying to see if i can scratch and stand a chance to win the lowest priced item. after a while, i gave up and into the bin everything went
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

I've never subscribed one... but they sent me a few times anyway (in the past)... the proper place for this package is the bin...but these days I'd recycle...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Been receiving for years, not once I bother and nothing happens too.

I was never a subscriber but still receiving junk from sometime .
    After reading first time all other mails directly went to trash .
    5D3|35L|50f1.8II|580EXII

I've been getting those letters for a couple of years... I just throw them away whenever I get them...

Yeah, received this stuff back in primary sch... and I always thought as a kid whether It was a scam or legitimate (I rmb in P5/P6 the teachers were already encouraging us to read RD, I thought that was abit too quick).

I did respond and received a "free" copy of readers digest which apparently came with a bill later on. And when we simply didn't pay for the copy, they sent a couple of other letters.

Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    Yeah, received this stuff back in primary sch... and I always thought as a kid whether It was a scam or legitimate (I rmb in P5/P6 the teachers were already encouraging us to read RD, I thought that was abit too quick).

I did respond and received a "free" copy of readers digest which apparently came with a bill later on. And when we simply didn't pay for the copy, they sent a couple of other letters.
    Yeah, and if you opt for no, the letters will just come for many months until you say yes. And then they send you bill in black, then bill in red and finally... quiet.

That's the classic mass marketing strategy for Readers' Digest. Think they are wasting a lot of paper since most people hardly read their mails, as it ends up in the trash within seconds from the mailbox.

Got it last year. read it and threw it away.
    Your pictures speaks for you, not your camera.