Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 76 of 76

Thread: How do you Colour your IR photos?

  1. #61
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,053

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyTiangco View Post
    These tutorial are very helpful.Like everybody else,I only knows basic channel swapping.Haven't really explore into IR photography.Thanks to those who share their photoshop expertise here.
    LuckyTiangco, I thank you on behalf of all the contributors to this thread.
    You have beautiful IR photos posted in the IR subforum.
    Keep them coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by sirikin View Post
    Just got back from the jungle and is barely able to keep my eyes open until i saw this thread at CS....totally overwhelmed by the generosity of all my admired "giants"Limwhow, LxChua, Wurdelak, naynoy, night86mare and others for your sharing.... i am going to digest everything here bit by bit...Old man needs more time and brain juice to do that. I am a novice and not able to contribute; feel a bit awkward but if you feel like coming over here to unwind in future, i will make it up to you....hihihi Thank you, Kam siah, terima kasih, ..........

    Edit: I not only got insights into how to improve the scope of IR post processing but also the high standard of the photographs presented directly influence the way i frame my photograph now.. Interesting composition and perspective...it is endless!!!!
    Hello sirikin! Why thank you very much, again on behalf of all the contributors on this thread.
    You are most modest, my friend.
    Looking forward to more of your IR works from the 'depth of the jungles'!

  2. #62

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Hello JellyBelly,
    Many thanks to you for coming forth and contributing your workflow.
    The video you have shown is great as I learned something new from that.
    What I learned was - I could actually use 'Fill' after a selection, and use 'Colour Burn' Blending mode to achieve the nice shiny results.
    Great! I think everyone of us who is going to do changes in our photo's colour should give this video a visit.
    Thank you once again, JellyBelly!
    Thxs JellyBelly, can we use the "Change Color" in cS TO CHANGE THE COLORS of the van?

  3. #63

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lx3ChuA View Post
    Thxs JellyBelly, can we use the "Change Color" in cS TO CHANGE THE COLORS of the van?

    Hi Lx3ChuA, I think you might be referring to "Replace Colour" under Adjustments?

    I think it depends on the photo that you are working with. I've tried that on landscape pictures but with limited success as there can be similar colours outside the areas that I wanted to isolate. It was another hair tearing experience for me...but nothing venture nothing gained.

    However, if your photo has a strong contrasting background i.e. say against a white background, then I think you would stand a better chance with the Replace Colour function.

  4. #64

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    Quote Originally Posted by JellyBelly View Post
    Hi Lx3ChuA, I think you might be referring to "Replace Colour" under Adjustments?

    I think it depends on the photo that you are working with. I've tried that on landscape pictures but with limited success as there can be similar colours outside the areas that I wanted to isolate. It was another hair tearing experience for me...but nothing venture nothing gained.

    However, if your photo has a strong contrasting background i.e. say against a white background, then I think you would stand a better chance with the Replace Colour function.
    Oh sorry... Bro U are rite .. it should be replace color... Ths for ur link..")

  5. #65

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    I had try on this IR photo without using the channel swap.

    What I done is just use Replace Colour" under Adjustments. After that did a auto level and a surface blur.

    The result as fellow...


  6. #66
    Senior Member SK1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Changi
    Posts
    2,651

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    Thank you all for sharing...such generosity
    Colourful and creative IR photos from especially limwhow has me drooling all over my computer all this while but I am fully aware that that has come at a very high cost (patience, PP skills and creativity), of which I have none I have never advanced beyond the simple channel swaps and whatever the colour my IR filter has mercy in letting pass but I will certainly try out the techniques shared here. Tks again, especially to you whow

  7. #67
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,053

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lx3ChuA View Post
    I had try on this IR photo without using the channel swap.

    What I done is just use Replace Colour" under Adjustments. After that did a auto level and a surface blur.

    The result as fellow...
    Brother Lx3ChuA.
    Great, man.
    Really very good of you to demonstrate to us this Replace Colour method.
    Honestly I have not used it before.
    Like what JellyBelly has shown in his examples and now yours, I certainly think it's a good method.
    And I will go and practise using this.
    Thank you, Ah Chua!

  8. #68
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,053

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    Quote Originally Posted by SK1968 View Post
    Thank you all for sharing...such generosity
    Colourful and creative IR photos from especially limwhow has me drooling all over my computer all this while but I am fully aware that that has come at a very high cost (patience, PP skills and creativity), of which I have none I have never advanced beyond the simple channel swaps and whatever the colour my IR filter has mercy in letting pass but I will certainly try out the techniques shared here. Tks again, especially to you whow
    SK1968, thank you for your kind words.
    As you can see, this thread is really a combination of efforts.
    Everyone has something to share and to contribute.
    And I have learned a lot since I started this thread.
    I am looking forward to more contributions from you and all IR shooters both new and seasoned shooters.

    Don't worry if any one of you are new to IR.
    You may have come across some new methods that would benefit the IR community.

  9. #69

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    Good tutorial great help.. appreciate!
    Hai Ou 4A | Mamiyaflex | Yashica 124 G | Leica II c | Lubitel 2 | Nikon FM2 | Raynox DCR 250

  10. #70

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    Thanks guys for sharing..
    It is totally awesome..love all the different work flow..
    Now I am happier with my PP

  11. #71

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    i know your good in photoshop, can you show me how to do this effect? pls? thanks


  12. #72
    Senior Member allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,705
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    Quote Originally Posted by xcaliber14 View Post
    i know your good in photoshop, can you show me how to do this effect? pls? thanks

    u need a blue sky normal day. i cant get this without the sky clear

  13. #73

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    I am wondering how to get a yellowish foliage.
    Channel swap gives me brownish greywhite trees, and cyan/blue sky. I want some kind of channel mixer settings which can give me yellow foliage, and blue skies. I know its possible in channel mixer, but I wonder what colors mix how!

  14. #74

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    Quote Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
    I am wondering how to get a yellowish foliage.
    Channel swap gives me brownish greywhite trees, and cyan/blue sky. I want some kind of channel mixer settings which can give me yellow foliage, and blue skies. I know its possible in channel mixer, but I wonder what colors mix how!
    I assume you have a goldie? or 600nm filter? If so, after doing the usual CWB, take the shot under a damn hot & sunny sky.

    channel swap - red output - Red - 0, Blue - 100
    Blue output - red - 100, blue - anywhere between 0 to -50. depend on the outcome of the photo. i ever change
    to -50 and the foliage was a bright yellow but sometimes i put -50, the sky itself turn yellow.

    Levels - RGB - Auto or move the white & black triangles until the start of the 'curve' / graph.
    Blue - move the black triangle slightly up - around 20-30 depending on photo

    still not yellow enough? open hue/saturation - Master - input a value e.g. 20 or 30 etc...
    Blue sky not blue enough? in the hue/saturation - blue - put in a value e.g. 20 or so.

    I think if you take the shot under a cloudy sky, or weak sunlight, if you use the same PP values above, the foliage will turn brown-yellow....
    Hua Hee tu hou la...Happy can liao

  15. #75

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    Quote Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
    I am wondering how to get a yellowish foliage.
    Channel swap gives me brownish greywhite trees, and cyan/blue sky. I want some kind of channel mixer settings which can give me yellow foliage, and blue skies. I know its possible in channel mixer, but I wonder what colors mix how!
    havent visted this thread for quite sometime now.. also haven't done any IR late due to my current cams inability to get good IR shots other than direct conversion to B&W (sony a500) not unless i upgrade my body and convert the current to a full spectrum one.

    but back to your question.. you can try and play with layers in photoshop..
    1 layer for the trees
    and another for the sky each with different color adjustment..
    Last edited by naynoy; 25th October 2011 at 12:55 PM.

  16. #76

    Default Re: How do you Colour your IR photos?

    interest in IR colour

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •