Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Tripod difficult to carry

  1. #21
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: Tripod difficult to carry

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    but no tripod, no these shots......







    As usual, you excite me with your wonderful shots. I'm 89 going on 90 and carrying the extra weight on holidays is a great nuisance. With walking stick on one hand and camera on the other. Climbing rocks and stairs just to get a good shot is not my forte anymore. If there's a young man to carry the stuff for me, that will be great.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  2. #22
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,845

    Default Re: Tripod difficult to carry

    Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
    About 184cm. I have a 3.5kg, 2m tall studio tripod and the cheapo but light-ish Fancier 662 for travel/lightstand. I do wish for a smaller tripod when traveling/hiking though.
    u may want to try this?

    http://www.siruiusa.com/tripods/m3204.htm

    its 1.77m tall... but 1.7kg (without ball head) but still lighter then your existing tripod.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Tripod difficult to carry

    Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
    But the tripods for my height are all too long and heavy.
    i use a tripod where when my camera is mounted, cannot see the vf without tiptoeing

  4. #24
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: Tripod difficult to carry

    Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    As usual, you excite me with your wonderful shots. I'm 89 going on 90 and carrying the extra weight on holidays is a great nuisance. With walking stick on one hand and camera on the other. Climbing rocks and stairs just to get a good shot is not my forte anymore. If there's a young man to carry the stuff for me, that will be great.
    Why not get a monpod instead? They are lighter that tripods but you cannot leave the camera alone though as there is only that single leg.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Far East
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Re: Tripod difficult to carry

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    But it's carbon fibre... Surely out of my budget. Tripods are the only thing I hardly use for my kind of photography so I won't splurge. Only need 'em when vacationing, and the prices on those traveling tripods are a killer...

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post


    i use a tripod where when my camera is mounted, cannot see the vf without tiptoeing
    I did that once with the 2m tripod during National Day a few years back, just to tower above other outstretched tripods in my vicinity blocking my view. (Out of spite too, probably)
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

  6. #26
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,845

    Default Re: Tripod difficult to carry

    Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
    But it's carbon fibre... Surely out of my budget. Tripods are the only thing I hardly use for my kind of photography so I won't splurge. Only need 'em when vacationing, and the prices on those traveling tripods are a killer...



    I did that once with the 2m tripod during National Day a few years back, just to tower above other outstretched tripods in my vicinity blocking my view. (Out of spite too, probably)
    a good tripod can last u 10 years at least (for casual users)

    anyway sirui brand is not that expensive as compared to gitzo.

    i got their traveller T series for $360 with ball head.

    i dun use tripod that often also... but before this, i only use 0.5 out of 10 times with my old slik tripod but now i am using at least 3-4 out of 10 times since its much lighter now (more motivation for me to bring out to use).
    Last edited by sinned79; 29th September 2010 at 12:59 PM.

  7. #27
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: Tripod difficult to carry

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Why not get a monpod instead? They are lighter that tripods but you cannot leave the camera alone though as there is only that single leg.
    I got that walking stick cum monopod combo. Works well as a walking stick. Hehe...
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  8. #28
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: Tripod difficult to carry

    Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    I got that walking stick cum monopod combo. Works well as a walking stick. Hehe...
    Hey Great!
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  9. #29

    Default Re: Tripod difficult to carry

    uncle hotwork77...

    nice place you live in....

    good to know that at your age, you are still very much into photography.... a great source of encouragement...for a man 1/2 your age...
    Last edited by kennynah; 5th October 2010 at 03:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •