Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tripod difficult to carry

Default Re: Tripod difficult to carry

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    but no tripod, no these shots......

As usual, you excite me with your wonderful shots. I'm 89 going on 90 and carrying the extra weight on holidays is a great nuisance. With walking stick on one hand and camera on the other. Climbing rocks and stairs just to get a good shot is not my forte anymore. If there's a young man to carry the stuff for me, that will be great.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
    About 184cm. I have a 3.5kg, 2m tall studio tripod and the cheapo but light-ish Fancier 662 for travel/lightstand. I do wish for a smaller tripod when traveling/hiking though.
    u may want to try this?

http://www.siruiusa.com/tripods/m3204.htm

its 1.77m tall... but 1.7kg (without ball head) but still lighter then your existing tripod.

But the tripods for my height are all too long and heavy.
    i use a tripod where when my camera is mounted, cannot see the vf without tiptoeing

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    As usual, you excite me with your wonderful shots. I'm 89 going on 90 and carrying the extra weight on holidays is a great nuisance. With walking stick on one hand and camera on the other. Climbing rocks and stairs just to get a good shot is not my forte anymore. If there's a young man to carry the stuff for me, that will be great.
    Why not get a monpod instead? They are lighter that tripods but you cannot leave the camera alone though as there is only that single leg.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    But it's carbon fibre... Surely out of my budget. Tripods are the only thing I hardly use for my kind of photography so I won't splurge. Only need 'em when vacationing, and the prices on those traveling tripods are a killer...

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

i use a tripod where when my camera is mounted, cannot see the vf without tiptoeing
    I did that once with the 2m tripod during National Day a few years back, just to tower above other outstretched tripods in my vicinity blocking my view. (Out of spite too, probably)
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

But it's carbon fibre... Surely out of my budget. Tripods are the only thing I hardly use for my kind of photography so I won't splurge. Only need 'em when vacationing, and the prices on those traveling tripods are a killer...

I did that once with the 2m tripod during National Day a few years back, just to tower above other outstretched tripods in my vicinity blocking my view. (Out of spite too, probably)
    a good tripod can last u 10 years at least (for casual users)

anyway sirui brand is not that expensive as compared to gitzo.

i got their traveller T series for $360 with ball head.

i dun use tripod that often also... but before this, i only use 0.5 out of 10 times with my old slik tripod but now i am using at least 3-4 out of 10 times since its much lighter now (more motivation for me to bring out to use).
    Last edited by sinned79; 29th September 2010 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Why not get a monpod instead? They are lighter that tripods but you cannot leave the camera alone though as there is only that single leg.
    I got that walking stick cum monopod combo. Works well as a walking stick. Hehe...
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    I got that walking stick cum monopod combo. Works well as a walking stick. Hehe...
    Hey Great!
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

uncle hotwork77...

nice place you live in....

good to know that at your age, you are still very much into photography.... a great source of encouragement...for a man 1/2 your age...
    Last edited by kennynah; 5th October 2010 at 03:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12