Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Creating World Largest PhotoAlbum in Singapore?

  1. #1
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Creating World Largest PhotoAlbum in Singapore?

    Guys,

    I had come to know about this event org by Fuji Film, USS & RWS. They want to create a world largest photo album with photos from RWS, needless to say, to beat the Guinness Book of World Records set by a japanese photog back in 2008.

    This is Fuji's site site.
    http://www.largestphotoalbum.sg/

    Some info on the Japanese photo's record
    http://www.worldamazinginformation.c...m-amazing.html

    I remeber before this japanese lady, another photo (cant remember from where) held the record with photos from Butan (iirc), but cant find the link.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Creating World Largest PhotoAlbum in Singapore?

    hai .. another waste of paper, ink, manpower and not to mention 'exploit' of photographer's ideal and work. So once this is done, where they going to store this "big photo album"? .... trash bin ????

  3. #3

    Default Re: Creating World Largest PhotoAlbum in Singapore?

    Small print:
    *Resorts World at Sentosa and Fujifilm (Singapore) Pte. Ltd shall own all rights including but not limited to intellectual property rights in connection with the photographs submitted in this promotion and reserve the right to amend the promotion without any prior notice.

  4. #4
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Creating World Largest PhotoAlbum in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by gnohz View Post
    Small print:
    *Resorts World at Sentosa and Fujifilm (Singapore) Pte. Ltd shall own all rights including but not limited to intellectual property rights in connection with the photographs submitted in this promotion and reserve the right to amend the promotion without any prior notice.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Creating World Largest PhotoAlbum in Singapore?

    itz not new trick, just new company making using old trick to get lots of stack photo to use for future show case. Even our own STB also done it b4. SO .. WHAT's NEW ???

  6. #6
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Creating World Largest PhotoAlbum in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    itz not new trick, just new company making using old trick to get lots of stack photo to use for future show case. Even our own STB also done it b4. SO .. WHAT's NEW ???
    Remember one time some company/government body held a contest and the prizes worth $50 each... and you have to send in full-res pictures 2-3MB in size to qualify? And sign over all rights of the pics to the organizer too.

    LOL

    Cheap shot at getting stock photos. Some of us smell it from a mile away.. but in the end a lot of eager people will still send in their photos and sell their souls.

    Exploitation man.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Creating World Largest PhotoAlbum in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Remember one time some company/government body held a contest and the prizes worth $50 each... and you have to send in full-res pictures 2-3MB in size to qualify? And sign over all rights of the pics to the organizer too.

    LOL

    Cheap shot at getting stock photos. Some of us smell it from a mile away.. but in the end a lot of eager people will still send in their photos and sell their souls.

    Exploitation man.
    You're definitely right bro
    In the end, there'll still be many unsuspecting users around. That's why it's so important to spread the correct message.

  8. #8
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Creating World Largest PhotoAlbum in Singapore?

    Hi guys

    they had amended the terms slightly liao.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Creating World Largest PhotoAlbum in Singapore?

    The new T&C. Check out the clause in RED

    Terms and conditions: Winners will be notified by email and may be requested to attend a photoshoot for the completion of the final photo album. Open to residents of Singapore, other than employees and families of Resorts World at Sentosa and Fujifilm (Singapore) Pte. Ltd, along with any associating agencies. Resorts World at Sentosa and Fujifilm (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. shall own all rights including but not limited to intellectual property rights in connection with the photographs submitted via this website. For the avoidance of doubt, Resorts World at Sentosa shall have the discretion to grant consent (such consent not to be unreasonably delayed or withheld) in connection with the photographs which they have submitted in the event that the photographer requests for the photographs to be used for other purposes. Entries close 30 November 2010.

    Was there any different?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •