Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

  1. #21

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    sigh, no ticket then dun promised this and that..... next time where got ppl wanna help??
    When one volunteered for the YOG event months ago, was the reward/incentive trip at Resort World and the F1 ticket (lucky draw) confirmed for the volunteers at that time?

    Or were the Resort World & F1 ticket lucky draw announced much later, midway or after the conclusion of the event as an additional reward/incentive out of goodwill/ex-gratia?

  2. #22
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    When one volunteered for the YOG event months ago, was the reward/incentive trip at Resort World and the F1 ticket (lucky draw) confirmed for the volunteers at that time?

    Or were the Resort World & F1 ticket lucky draw announced much later, midway or after the conclusion of the event as an additional reward/incentive out of goodwill/ex-gratia?
    its at the end out of goodwill. they hinted rws, saying its possible and that there were talks in the works. F1 was never mentioned as far as i remembered

  3. #23
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    its really how the message was announced...

    From what i managed to gather from the following threads, its like the volunteers heard they were promised F1 tickets but didnt know it would go into a ballot where 400 would get tickets. They thought just need to register can liao. Thing is did they listen to the whole message or only what they wanted to hear?

    There is a difference between saikang warriors and volunteers. volunteers volunteer with option to quit while saikang warriors are "volunteered" usually by management and quitting is not to be taken lightly.

    for both, often will never see the management in charge unless got visit by high profile VIPs then everyone start to wayang.

    eg, how many teachers actually accompany the students on CEP/CIP projects like donation drives and so on unless got press presence?
    i'll reckon its the volunteers who didnt hear properly

    pullout rate was high nearing the games. not too surprising, cause many students had exams. but those that stayed... stayed. most are happy.

    as for the upper management ppl...
    i interacted with my towkays almost on a daily basis. they did put in the effort and i appreciate them for that.

    maybe i more lucky i dunno. but overall, i have to say my yog experience was once in a lifetime.

  4. #24

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    Bay Grandstand only $24 if you got NTUC card what.... that's inclusive of the walkabout. For Friday 24th. $38 if no NTUC card.

    Buy your own if one really wants to experience it lah. Anyway better to walkabout, I have both Bay Grandstand and Connaught Grandstand, in the end still loiter ard in front of Merill Lynch and Marina Sq and you can sit down on the platforms. Damn loud due to reflections, 121dBC measured for a single car over there.

  5. #25
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    Bay Grandstand only $24 if you got NTUC card what.... that's inclusive of the walkabout. For Friday 24th. $38 if no NTUC card.

    Buy your own if one really wants to experience it lah. Anyway better to walkabout, I have both Bay Grandstand and Connaught Grandstand, in the end still loiter ard in front of Merill Lynch and Marina Sq and you can sit down on the platforms. Damn loud due to reflections, 121dBC measured for a single car over there.
    huh?

    http://www.singaporegp.sg/download/Annex1.pdf

    i quote

    Bay Grandstand early bird:$248 regular:$298
    where got $24 only?

  6. #26

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    Bay Grandstand $298 for 3 day pass.

    Access to zone 3, where walkabout $188 does not have.

    I also got the on govt service letter on Thursday night, saw it in the letter box when i open it at 11pm.

  7. #27

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    another thread got ppl complaining why singapore pay the hospital fee, medical fee etc for the 68 year old volunteer from oversea......... never ending complain
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  8. #28
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    Quote Originally Posted by lioneldude View Post
    Bay Grandstand $298 for 3 day pass.

    Access to zone 3, where walkabout $188 does not have.

    I also got the on govt service letter on Thursday night, saw it in the letter box when i open it at 11pm.
    not bad nto bad. i got zone 4 and 3 access

  9. #29

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    huh?

    http://www.singaporegp.sg/download/Annex1.pdf

    i quote


    where got $24 only?
    We got a total of 11 tickets Bay Grandstand Friday 24th. All 24 bucks with the NTUC card or something (its my colleague's). There are many people who has other privileges with other cards or something, the "packages" and prices are not what you normally see. I also got 1 day Connaught for Friday. Gotta ask around for such lobangs. I like Friday coz wanna check out Missy Eillot.

  10. #30
    Member iAltair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    I heard it was a delay as there are no more postman to do delivery on sat.

  11. #31

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    I got one.

  12. #32
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    i think that clears matters up. yappy, me and lionel all have the tickets from the lucky draw. i believe its fair enough to say yog did keep their promise.

  13. #33
    Member adorable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bury Road
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    they received lah, see this thread: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=2934958
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

  14. #34

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    they received lah, see this thread: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=2934958
    a joke....... a honest mistake.............
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  15. #35

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    sigh, no ticket then dun promised this and that..... next time where got ppl wanna help??
    bro, cannot be a sore loser leh ...
    next time got winter olympics in Singapore, maybe country still need you to volunteer
    always the Light, .... always.

  16. #36

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    bro, cannot be a sore loser leh ...
    next time got winter olympics in Singapore, maybe country still need you to volunteer
    i will volunteer if singapore host world cup only hehe
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  17. #37
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    a joke....... a honest mistake.............
    nah fotou didnt managed to hear both side of stories. dun blame him liao

  18. #38

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    i just one fine day, received a letter "on government service" then had my name.
    Usually when I see "On Government Service" si beh sian, reservist............

    Anyway, I had a good one at the F1, good view from the hotel room

  19. #39

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    i was promised 3 pairs of premier walkabout tickets...... but received 3 pairs of grandstand tickets. how cool is that? but that's because i worked there 2 years already.

    anyways... yea... i don't think the volunteers heard correctly. anyone with a brain would know that 20000 tickets means that you're kicking potential big spenders like tourists out of the F1 circuit.. 20000 tickets you know! i think that's practically more than half of the people that attended? a contest to win one of 400 sponsored tickets sounds more reasonable.

  20. #40
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

    well... typical singaproeans. we all make errors cause...

    according to a certain radio station...

    we only listen to the good things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •