Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

Default I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

sigh, no ticket then dun promised this and that..... next time where got ppl wanna help??
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Default Re: I heard YOG volunteers promised F1 race ticket but never get....

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    sigh, no ticket then dun promised this and that..... next time where got ppl wanna help??
    Next time?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Next time?
    i believe sure have, as singapore wanna be first for many things, and it may not be sports, maybe other stuffs.......

international youth creative invention exchange program, international school dialogue....., etc etc haha
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Actually... what was offered was 400 walkabout tix (38 bucks) to lucky volunteers if they register at the counter at USS.
    So it's not F1 tix for ALL..
    total YOG volunteers 20000+.. tix 400. do the math lah

Which BIG MOUTH promised and cannot keep it!
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

Blog Entries

ahem. who said dun have?

its a lucky draw. must sign up and put ur name during the RWS one.
    400 volunteers will go.

how i know? i won it

anyways, i think the volunteer welfare is already very good. buffet every day. (still got icecream), food vouchers if ur outside, rws (plus 10 bucks give u spend) and i even got an F1 ticket. and its not a walk abt ticket. i got the grandstand.
    i'll urge those that posted here to kindly rethink before commenting. just because someone said, and u decide to not check before posting, and u might end up making a big mistake urself... dun jump to conclusions so fast
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 27th September 2010 at 02:38 PM.

there was 400 to be won, but many never get...... i wonder those who got the ticket, how they got it?

what i know of, the tickets will be posted to their home..... one even complained they were watching TV instead....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Blog Entries

there was 400 to be won, but many never get...... i wonder those who got the ticket, how they got it?

what i know of, the tickets will be posted to their home..... one even complained they were watching TV instead....
    ? its a lucky draw. i didnt even know i was supposed to win.
    i just one fine day, received a letter "on government service" then had my name.

open up, a letter telling me i won and congrats. i have no idea that i would win.

i think it is more likely those volunteers think that if they write their name on the list and they sure win... cause no one promised anything. i didnt even know i won until the thingy came up my house

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    ? its a lucky draw. i didnt even know i was supposed to win.
    i just one fine day, received a letter "on government service" then had my name.

open up, a letter telling me i won and congrats. i have no idea that i would win.

i think it is more likely those volunteers think that if they write their name on the list and they sure win... cause no one promised anything. i didnt even know i won until the thingy came up my house
    hahahah always like that, blur blur will win.......

i dunno what happen, but am sure many very upset abt this....... cos one of them says the ppl there say will post the tickets to their home, but never received, bad communications i say
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Blog Entries

hahahah always like that, blur blur will win.......

i dunno what happen, but am sure many very upset abt this....... cos one of them says the ppl there say will post the tickets to their home, but never received, bad communications i say
    dunno leh. no one called me to tell me that thats for sure.

to give u an idea on how i reacted...

i was sleeping. mum took letters from letter box and came back home. threw on my face the garmen letter. i half sleep half awake... then i anyhow grope the letter and try open... failed to do so. my mum takes letter from me, rips it open and throw it back...

then i stick my hand in, pull out the lanyard, saw the words F1 grandstand.

then i jumped out and started screaming

Quote Originally Posted by shidyar View Post
    Actually... what was offered was 400 walkabout tix (38 bucks) to lucky volunteers if they register at the counter at USS.
    So it's not F1 tix for ALL..
    total YOG volunteers 20000+.. tix 400. do the math lah
    i never say all mah....... i say volunteers promised.....

what ever, hope no next time, the volunteers really spend much time and effort, time is the key...... i wonder who got record down the amount of time spend.....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    dunno leh. no one called me to tell me that thats for sure.

to give u an idea on how i reacted...

i was sleeping. mum took letters from letter box and came back home. threw on my face the garmen letter. i half sleep half awake... then i anyhow grope the letter and try open... failed to do so. my mum takes letter from me, rips it open and throw it back...

then i stick my hand in, pull out the lanyard, saw the words F1 grandstand.

then i jumped out and started screaming
    letter thrown at ur face....... if inside have knifes how??????
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Blog Entries

i never say all mah....... i say volunteers promised.....

what ever, hope no next time, the volunteers really spend much time and effort, time is the key...... i wonder who got record down the amount of time spend.....
    no one did for mine at least. cause i'm there as a photographer so hence i guess i could put as much as i feel reasonable? i wanna claim cip hours

i think the volunteers who were bitching forgot the meaning of the word volunteer means...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by syc77 View Post
    i think the volunteers who were bitching forgot the meaning of the word volunteer means...
    yes. its volunteer... saikang warrior... dun expect much. ppl thank u shld be happy. got rws shld be even happier... got f1 shld jump like me

i agree..

agreed to it.

but from another view, the volunteer who claim to got a promise that they will get the ticket but never received, dun they have a right to at least voiced out??
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Blog Entries

agreed to it.

but from another view, the volunteer who claim to got a promise that they will get the ticket but never received, dun they have a right to at least voiced out??
    provided they did hear the right thing first and not mistaken

its really how the message was announced...

From what i managed to gather from the following threads, its like the volunteers heard they were promised F1 tickets but didnt know it would go into a ballot where 400 would get tickets. They thought just need to register can liao. Thing is did they listen to the whole message or only what they wanted to hear?

There is a difference between saikang warriors and volunteers. volunteers volunteer with option to quit while saikang warriors are "volunteered" usually by management and quitting is not to be taken lightly.

for both, often will never see the management in charge unless got visit by high profile VIPs then everyone start to wayang.

eg, how many teachers actually accompany the students on CEP/CIP projects like donation drives and so on unless got press presence?
    Last edited by Reportage; 27th September 2010 at 03:35 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

no next time liao la...coz hold youth Olympic once is enough alr...probably the ruse might get repeated 10 years from now if SG holds Olympic..
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast