Thread: LX5 or EX1?

Default LX5 or EX1?

Hi all. I am planning to get my first compact camera due to a large number of events at the end of the year. I'm looking for a camera which is very versatile, can take high quality images and a relatively fast shutter speed for action shots. low light shots are also priority. Well, I just stated what every photographer wants in their cameras but nonetheless, it is going to be my first camera which may lead to me purchasing a DSLR in the future if this develops into a hobby.

I'm looking at the LX5 and EX1. There really hasn't been a lot of comparisons about these two cameras, mostly between LX5 and S95. Kinda leaning more towards the LX5 but just to make sure I do not make the wrong choice, I need some advice. So help, guys?

Thanks.

Default Re: LX5 or EX1?

Why not consider Canon S95?
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

Blog Entries

play with BOTH and decide for yourself........... for me it was the articulating AMOLED screen of the Samsung that bought me over
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Image quality wise, they are very close so no point harping on it ...

For me functionality and ergonomics of are the main draws of these high end PnS , and for me i would go for the EX1

Made of aluminium casing and it feels really solid in the hands , not to mention it being an eye pleasing camera
    Buy Film Not Megapixels

Quote Originally Posted by PaulKami View Post
    Why not consider Canon S95?
    After considering that the LX5 beats the S95 apart from high ISO shots, I decided that the LX5 would be a better choice. So now, it's the LX5 vs the EX1.

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    play with BOTH and decide for yourself........... for me it was the articulating AMOLED screen of the Samsung that bought me over
    Quote Originally Posted by Recoil3d View Post
    Image quality wise, they are very close so no point harping on it ...

For me functionality and ergonomics of are the main draws of these high end PnS , and for me i would go for the EX1

Made of aluminium casing and it feels really solid in the hands , not to mention it being an eye pleasing camera
    I see, personally I have not gotten my hands of any of these cameras but I find the white LX5 a very eye pleasing camera. And it looks solid too, plus it seems to be slightly smaller than the EX1. Where can I go to try out these two cameras? Sorry, new to photography (As reflected from my post count)

Was in the same dilemma as well. lx5 ex1 and s95. In the end, i bought the lx5 after reading its solid reputation and reviews. I haven't actually tried an EX1 much but the feeling i got is that both cameras feel very solid and the size is good. Loved the looks and capabilities of the lx5 so I got that instead. Do read some reviews and decide if the functions match what you want.

EX-1...

Just dun mind my signature.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

you should go down to the shops, to get a feel of the cams you want... image quality is not exactly an issue of comparisons here, cuz it's quite close within the models.