Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Touchscreens and iPhones dominating Singapore. Do you feel left out?

Default Re: Touchscreens and iPhones dominating Singapore. Do you feel left out?

Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    These past year basically everywhere i go, like MRTs, shopping malls, buses etc there will be ppl holding iPhones, from students to the working class to the elderly. For those tht dont hv a touchscreen phone, do you often hv this temptation to get one when seeing as such? How do you feel?
    Nope, not using one, and till they can be considered good phones not buying one neither. Currently using Sony W902, I charge it once every 3-4 days (I know someone who charges his iphone 3 times a day - heavy phone user, and I know most people charge their iphones once a day, and yes, they all say its the apps that drain the batteries), I can answer my phone with one hand, and put it on speaker phone (nice and clear) within 2 seconds while driving - no need for bluetooth speaker or anything.. Until the iphone reaches that level of phone usability I am not interested in getting a gaming machine for my son to drain it day after day!

-- marios

Default Re: Touchscreens and iPhones dominating Singapore. Do you feel left out?

I'm still using my soon-to-be 4 year-old Nokia N73, what do you think?

I was using a touchscreen phone before my current nokia e63. Personally I find that texting with your finger on a touchscreen phone is a nightmare (inaccurate press, not registering a press, etc), knn many times I wanted to throw my phone on the floor! With a stylus is still not so bad..

But with a qwerty keyboard phone, texting is like a dream! I mainly use my phone only for calls, texting, calendars and notes, so the nokia e63 fits the bill nicely

Quote Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
    I was using a touchscreen phone before my current nokia e63. Personally I find that texting with your finger on a touchscreen phone is a nightmare (inaccurate press, not registering a press, etc), knn many times I wanted to throw my phone on the floor! With a stylus is still not so bad..

But with a qwerty keyboard phone, texting is like a dream! I mainly use my phone only for calls, texting, calendars and notes, so the nokia e63 fits the bill nicely
    Actually there are touchscreen phones with physical QWERTY keyboards, though not many. The HTC G1 is one (but it's old) and the HTC Desire Z is coming up. Not too sure about the rest of the brands, but I'm pretty sure they do offer touchscreen phones with physical keyboards

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Actually there are touchscreen phones with physical QWERTY keyboards, though not many. The HTC G1 is one (but it's old) and the HTC Desire Z is coming up. Not too sure about the rest of the brands, but I'm pretty sure they do offer touchscreen phones with physical keyboards
    Yes, there are touch screen phones with physical keyboards, just that the one that I had didn't have one. Either text with finger or stylus

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    I'm still using my soon-to-be 4 year-old Nokia N73, what do you think?
    Its the n series though D
    indie

Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    These past year basically everywhere i go, like MRTs, shopping malls, buses etc there will be ppl holding iPhones, from students to the working class to the elderly. For those tht dont hv a touchscreen phone, do you often hv this temptation to get one when seeing as such? How do you feel?
    touch screen... so?

i have an iphone 4, but so what?

somedays, i wish i still had the good ol' proper numpad so that i could type smses more accurately without having to send out things like "hee her" (autocorrect). i mean, it's either that or "gibblygook" because of the fact that touchscreen keyboards still suck quite badly.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    touch screen... so?

i have an iphone 4, but so what?

somedays, i wish i still had the good ol' proper numpad so that i could type smses more accurately without having to send out things like "hee her" (autocorrect). i mean, it's either that or "gibblygook" because of the fact that touchscreen keyboards still suck quite badly.
    Yeah autocorrect works most of the time but sometimes it just screws things up. But the next phone I will get (after NS) would be a touchscreen phone with a QWERTY keyboard. I'm sick of this rubbish soft keyboard that just can't get things right. But I thought the iPhone keyboard is the best soft keyboard out there?

I recently own a samsung Jet touchscreen phone. Yeah I knw its old model. But kinda cool. But after that, its getting on my nerve. I got big finger and this little thing doesnt do justice when texting to people! argghhh. I miss those days where I just typing text w/o even need to look at the screen at all with those little button. Now, its back to Square 1. :P

Anyways, recently a friend of mine attended a function. When she reach there, she said only a few people chatting but most of them actually concentrate on their Iphone. Playing games!. Well, she isnt complaining, she was happy coz she join the gang too. Which is not too good either as she did the same thing sitting one corner playing games on her iphone during our important close frens annual gathering! she even went missing for nearly an hour when came back she said "Oh, sorry. I got too concentrated in the game..." its like she willing to alienated herself with us. scary...
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Yeah autocorrect works most of the time but sometimes it just screws things up. But the next phone I will get (after NS) would be a touchscreen phone with a QWERTY keyboard. I'm sick of this rubbish soft keyboard that just can't get things right. But I thought the iPhone keyboard is the best soft keyboard out there?
    still has room for improvement.

it's like saying that a 1.5m person in a crowd of midgets is tall, they're not!

maybe the newer swype would help..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12