Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: comments on 2100UZ??

wah if its like wat klause said then the cam is like very jiat latt leh

discontinued somemore ah...

the hot pixel thingy is like very troublesome uh?
    the fact that i want to get this cam is because of its 10X zoom + IS

if not the 700 would be a better choice rite

i agree with klause !

wats the current price of this cam?

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
    wats the current price of this cam?
    $950......

Actually all DCs has hot pixels problem....just that some DCs has Noise Reduction to mask the hot pixels, while the rest limit the shutter speed to avide the problem.

Besides remapping and updating the firmware....another method, though more troublesome, is to use the 'Black Frame Elimination' method to the minimize hot pixels.

U can d/l this program from the Internet.......I've used this proggie with amazing results on 16 sec expousres on my C-2100UZ.

The only thing is to remember to take a 'Black Frame' after every long-exposure shot.

wah if its like wat klause said then the cam is like very jiat latt leh

discontinued somemore ah...

the hot pixel thingy is like very troublesome uh?
    the fact that i want to get this cam is because of its 10X zoom + IS

if not the 700 would be a better choice rite
    Better wait for the upcoming C-720UZ, hopefully Olympus had managed to solve all their teething problems with the C-700UZ.

Either that, or cross over to the dark side and buy the Canon Pro90 IS...which IMHO...is a C-2100UZ with better features and an even better price tag.
    Last edited by Jayan; 28th May 2002 at 04:15 PM.

Originally posted by Jayan

Besides remapping and updating the firmware....another method, though more troublesome, is to use the 'Black Frame Elimination' method to the minimize hot pixels.

U can d/l this program from the Internet.......I've used this proggie with amazing results on 16 sec expousres on my C-2100UZ.

The only thing is to remember to take a 'Black Frame' after every long-exposure shot.
    Any sample pics ?

Originally posted by Keito

Any sample pics ?
    For more info...look here -> http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/blackframe.htm
    Last edited by Jayan; 28th May 2002 at 11:26 PM.

Better wait for the upcoming C-720UZ, hopefully Olympus had managed to solve all their teething problems with the C-700UZ.

Either that, or cross over to the dark side and buy the Canon Pro90 IS...which IMHO...is a C-2100UZ with better features and an even better price tag.
    the 720 is a 3MP cam rite?

for the Pro90IS how much issit?
    can add on lens?

okie i have seen the review on the PRO90 IS liao

it has got alot more to offer than the 2100UZ... u all sure its cheaper?

one thing i dun like about the pro90 IS is the litium batt. and the confusing dial

Pro90 is an excellent camera. Good noise reduction capability, 10x zoom with IS, great lense, use Compact Flash(cheaper), good feeling when you hold it.

Cons: Battery is not AA, so more xpensive. The shuttle lag is pretty bad, so not good for action shots.

Price of Pro90IS from what I heard(so not comfirm one.. just agar agar) is around 1.5k(someone pls correct me if I'm wrong).

Very good camera. It's not a DSLR so it's fixed lense.
    Canon Lover :)

Originally posted by Klause
    Pro90 is an excellent camera. Good noise reduction capability, 10x zoom with IS, great lense, use Compact Flash(cheaper), good feeling when you hold it.

Cons: Battery is not AA, so more xpensive. The shuttle lag is pretty bad, so not good for action shots.

Price of Pro90IS from what I heard(so not comfirm one.. just agar agar) is around 1.5k(someone pls correct me if I'm wrong).

Very good camera. It's not a DSLR so it's fixed lense.
    The Canon Pro90is is 50+% more ex than the Olympus C-2100UZ.....this is what u gotta pay to get the extra features.

the 720 is a 3MP cam rite?

for the Pro90IS how much issit?
    can add on lens?
    Olympus C-720UZ not out in S'pore met yet lah...should be ard $1K when launched.

The Pro90is can screw on addon lens thru its 55mm thread, and should costs abt $1.6K.

BTW, this is deviating to Canon liao...if got any more qns on this DC pls post in the Canon forum. 10Q.....
    Last edited by Jayan; 28th May 2002 at 11:44 PM.

don't buy don't buy!

Originally posted by zhapchit
    don't buy don't buy!
    Say properly which one don't buy - Olympus or Canon????

Where the pics?

Originally posted by Keito
    Where the pics?
    Just realized that @ 1600x1200 TIFF, the 3 pix (original, black frame, and amended) takes up abt 16MB total.

Even if I switch to SHQ JPEG, the files size will still be abt 3MB...those forumers using 56K dial-up is gonna kill me.

If I resized or use lower JPEG compression rate...then the differences between b4 and after using BlackFrame NR won't be so obvious liao.

Anyway, the program is pretty easy to use, maybe u can try it out urself???

Just realized that @ 1600x1200 TIFF, the 3 pix (original, black frame, and amended) takes up abt 16MB total.

Even if I switch to SHQ JPEG, the files size will still be abt 3MB...those forumers using 56K dial-up is gonna kill me.

If I resized or use lower JPEG compression rate...then the differences between b4 and after using BlackFrame NR won't be so obvious liao.

Anyway, the program is pretty easy to use, maybe u can try it out urself???
    hmmm....SHQ JPEG 1600 x 1200 on my c700uz is only about 1 meg. With a suitable compression of level 8 in photoshop, the file should be around 400-500 kb. Post it as a link lah so that broadband users or patient 56k users can see. I also want to see the results, cuz I haven't been getting good stuffs from mediachance's NR programs. The hot pixel eliminator sort of smoothens out the hotpixels but leaving the smudged colours behind, and blackframe NR leaves behind ugly black dots in place of the hotpixels.

Originally posted by Tweek

hmmm....SHQ JPEG 1600 x 1200 on my c700uz is only about 1 meg. With a suitable compression of level 8 in photoshop, the file should be around 400-500 kb. Post it as a link lah so that broadband users or patient 56k users can see. I also want to see the results, cuz I haven't been getting good stuffs from mediachance's NR programs. The hot pixel eliminator sort of smoothens out the hotpixels but leaving the smudged colours behind, and blackframe NR leaves behind ugly black dots in place of the hotpixels.
    On average my SHQ files are abt 900K...going up till 1MB+ if got lotsa color info. My sample pix was taken in TIFF so I have to convert to JPEG 1st.

For BlackFrame NR u gotta take the black frame immediately before or after taking ur pix to min the chance of more noise poping up.

Anyway, there're still the occasional black dots but cannot complain liao lah...even the NR in the DCs sometimes also got this kinda problems.

Lemme see what I can do abt the file size problem...cos my personal web page a/c is running outta space...gonna explode soon if I don't delete something.

Ok....here u go:

All pix taken using 1600x1200, TIFF, ISO100, F2.8, 16 sec, IS off, soft sharpening, auto WB, auto focus, and a mildly warmed up DC.

Post-processing involves converting to JPEG at medium compression rate.

http://home1.pacific.net.sg/~jakengsl/misc/1.jpg
    Before.

http://home1.pacific.net.sg/~jakengsl/misc/2.jpg
    Black frame.

http://home1.pacific.net.sg/~jakengsl/misc/3.jpg
    After.

The lost in detail is quite noticable after the processing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast