Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong to ask to view a photographer's portfolio?

Default Re: Is it wrong to ask to view a photographer's portfolio?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    really..........

how come you always seem to be speaking up for the people who kena the brunt of kopi gang attacks.

maybe it is time to review your social circle.
    haiz, only heaven knows
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    haiz, only heaven knows
    I think your friends are targeted by Kopi Gang.

Must do good deeds and pray for safety and protection more often.
    Last edited by Sion; 26th September 2010 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eventuallymine View Post
    Dear all,

Really appreciated your comments.
    I have ignored him and was told to delete this thread. but still i ignored.

BUT.
    This is what i received

Hello, do DEL tat thread ASAP.
    dun let me fire u back..

I do not know how he look like too! And he does know how I look like, scally one day he really fire ME back and then I end up being dead or sumthing. LOL!
    Seriously, I think when a man is angry, he can do terrible things to a girl. So thanks to everyone again.. do not wiish to have him PM me even more threats.

To whoever who are already aware of this issue. Hopefully someone can do something about it. All the threats about firing and all. Does that mean that if i leave it here, he will finally say something? or it means otherwise. By tmr, this thread will be gone. Leaving it here till tmr morning for all of you to read about my appreciation.
    if there is any hint of threat, or if the said CSer has indeed threatened u, pls raise this up with the moderators and admins of ClubSnap.

i am very certain the moderators and admins will give you a fair answer.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

knwing him well enough, he won't be articulated enough to do so....the reason i can come out and say so...is just simply i had a good laugh over the whole incident.....he had shoot nicer,prettier subject before...it simply impossible for him to harbour of any ill intents or thoughts toward the ts..... the reason as for now i do not know...people do change..so if u guys intend to mob him...by all means do what u please...if u can get him that it
    Is this who I think he is, used to be pretty active on CS?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

I am not saying he is a bad person or that he has ill feelings or something. I am seriously asking a honest question. Yes it is true that I think i should have censored his acc name instead of posting the full thing up, so in that sense I will delete this thread.

But do understand that what i question is the way he put it
    eg: what he mean that if he show me his portfolio then I dun shoot with him how?
    and things like "dunno how to work with me??" Isnt this a personal attack? Not as if im very sensitive. I just find it ridiculous ehhh. Every opportunity is a chance to work with a new photographer/model. Can means can, cannot means cannot. But even so, dunnit to say until like that right?

I admit Im not the best looking of all model. Just any other normal girl who is keen to take up freelancing as a hobby. But still, if the usual sop is to check out each other's portfolio, why not? Second thing is - I told him le (as i once copy pasted) by checking out the photographer's portfolio is also to see if I have the ability to meet his/my expectations in a shoot.
    That is all right?

To be honest, all I needed was to find out "what is wrong to see his portfolio?" especially when he claims he won lots of awards. Definitely aint doubting him. Just interested. But instead of telling, no im not comfortable with showing my portfolio unless to really interested model or whatever the condition, he just shoot me back as if im trying to be skeptical about him.

To his friends, please do relate this to him. Thanks. In fact, broken english isnt the issue, it can be understood as a whole text. Rather, it was the meaning behind the things he say that I cannot comprehend.
    Aiiren.爱恋
    ♫ ♬♪♩

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    really..........

how come you always seem to be speaking up for the people who kena the brunt of kopi gang attacks.

maybe it is time to review your social circle.
    I am not saying he is a bad person or that he has ill feelings or something. I am seriously asking a honest question. Yes it is true that I think i should have censored his acc name instead of posting the full thing up, so in that sense I will delete this thread.

eg: what he mean that if he show me his portfolio then I dun shoot with him how?
    and things like "dunno how to work with me??" Isnt this a personal attack? Not as if im very sensitive. I just find it ridiculous ehhh. Every opportunity is a chance to work with a new photographer/model. Can means can, cannot means cannot. But even so, dunnit to say until like that right?

I admit Im not the best looking of all model. Just any other normal girl who is keen to take up freelancing as a hobby. But still, if the usual sop is to check out each other's portfolio, why not? Second thing is - I told him le (as i once copy pasted) by checking out the photographer's portfolio is also to see if I have the ability to meet his/my expectations in a shoot.
    That is all right?

To be honest, all I needed was to find out "what is wrong to see his portfolio?" especially when he claims he won lots of awards. Definitely aint doubting him. Just interested. But instead of telling, no im not comfortable with showing my portfolio unless to really interested model or whatever the condition, he just shoot me back as if im trying to be skeptical about him.

To his friends, please do relate this to him. Thanks. In fact, broken english isnt the issue, it can be understood as a whole text. Rather, it was the meaning behind the things he say that I cannot comprehend.
    Ah gal u are not at fault, it a tfcd that gone horribly bad, uncle will go and scold the other for not putting enough effort to make thing clear in the first place....bad engrish plus bad manner also partly to blame

haiz, only heaven knows
    i think u r biased..will u do the same thing as he did?
    to be fair, most of us will do the same thing like u did to protect your friend.

however, the way he behaved is astonishingly rude. if i'm his close friend, i'll knock some senses on him.
    Last edited by baggiolee; 26th September 2010 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post
    i think u r biased..will u do the same thing as he did?
    to be fair, most of us will do the same thing like u did to protect your friend.

however, the way he behaved is astonishingly rude. if i'm his close friend, i'll knock some senses on him.
    dunnoe..never had chance to do tfcd, morever more into landscape and still life nowaday....
    will knock some sense into him though

That is all right?

you have 100% the rights to doubt him if he's not willing to show his port after claiming he won awards before. if he's among the top photographers, the way he replied show otherwise.
    arrogant? maybe...

dunnoe..never had chance to do tfcd, morever more into landscape and still life nowaday....
    will knock some sense into him though
    lol that's the difference between u and him. respect!

knwing him well enough, he won't be articulated enough to do so....the reason i can come out and say so...is just simply i had a good laugh over the whole incident.....he had shoot nicer,prettier subject before...it simply impossible for him to harbour of any ill intents or thoughts toward the ts..... the reason as for now i do not know...people do change..so if u guys intend to mob him...by all means do what u please...if u can get him that it
    To the Gal, acdtss remark sound rude and obnoxious when approaching u for tfcd...is his language problem. when spoken simply in mandarin will sound crude and unrefined when translated directly.
    I had gone thru yr portfolio and find it hard to stomach that he actually had the bear the brunt of the attack of the whole of kopi gang...just for u.....

Yes knw him personally, he a harmless guy actually
    I wondered what did TS done to get this.
    No matter which pretty xmm he has taken, surely by contacting the TS, he has shown interest in her look one way or another.

Just a thought, if he can spend the effort to write to ask for TFCD, what's stopping him from clarifying his own reputation here.

TS please be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeit View Post
    Just a thought, if he can spend the effort to write to ask for TFCD, what's stopping him from clarifying his own reputation here.

TS please be careful.
    that i am not too sure either.. if he is like what eow had said, will not be hard for him from the very first time to just let TS see his port..

moreover, it was TS who put an Ad for the TFCD, so by right, the PG should "offer" what they have, especially award winning PG with a decade of experience..
    just like an employee (in this case the PG) offering a CV to a prospective employer (TS)..

note to mod, maybe this, after some censor, could be moved as sticky or smtngh to remind models/PGs that they have the very rights to exchange ports...
    - troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr

Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    if i am paying a model, she must showed me her port.
    i don need to show her my port
    Strictly speaking that is correct, but at the same time she doesn't need to agree to the work either. She could have a reasonable reason to view your work - her safety. There are plenty of GWCs out there who are perfectly able to pay a model as well. I'm not saying you are, nor am I saying that you are wrong to refuse to show her your portfolio. You can, but likewise I wouldn't blame her if she decided to refuse the work as a result either.

Ah gal u are not at fault, it a tfcd that gone horribly bad, uncle will go and scold the other for not putting enough effort to make thing clear in the first place....bad engrish plus bad manner also partly to blame
    Bad English, yes. Bad manners yes. His concept of the normal process in these things also needs updating.

I.e. that providing a portfolio for TF is more or less the norm, there should be no pressure on the model to agree to the TF just because a portfolio has been shown (where did this concept come from...), trying to turn it around to get her to show him her portfolio... and possibly other things. Feel free to translate that into Chinese, or your language of choice, it still represents unreasonable and undesirable behaviour.

All of that is exclusive of the poor English (excusable) and bad manners (less excusable) that you've pointed out.

A TFCD suppose to benefit both parties, models has every right to see the portfolio of photographers before accepting any TFCD, and also agree what type shots will be creating before committing herself.
    she can decline to take up the offer if she find the photographer's work will be beneficial towards her.

This photographer fail to understand this simple logic, can not take No as an answer, lack of manner, unable to handle this thing well.

Aiiren. 爱恋
    ♀, 22 yrs old,
    164cm, 32in bust, 26in waist.
    Looking for more paid photoshoots, events, shows and will pick up TFCD if I am interested ...................................
    Originally Posted by acdtss
    Originally Posted by eventuallymine
    Hi, irene come across CS saw u post for tfcd photoshoot..
    Wonder u willing to be modelling to build up ur portfolio..?
    I'm a photogrpher who got many yrs photography experience, have
    won alots of trophy & prizes at photos competition..
    Hope able to work with u soon.. have a nice days
    Hi there, do you have a portfolio for me to see?
    Thanks~
    Hmm..wonder after u see my portfolio link will u let me photoshoot?
    haha..
    ^^ But ill still have to see your portfolio ehh~ Its alright, Ill let u know if ill still let you do the shoot. But Im more interested in paid shoots rather then tfcd. but no harm checking out your portfolio (:
    If let u see my portfolio already & dun let me photoshoot den what
    is the point to show ? Have come across many models did that way
    lols..nope good haha..so if a paid shoot dun need show u my
    link wonder? Sorrie, i dun do paid shoot if every models asking for
    pay & i give them guess i must be printting money lol haha rite?
    Do think twice b4 disappointed, u will gain my experience skill dun
    worrie..btw why not u show me ur port link instead?
    Hi there,

I do not understand what you meant. Even CS indicates for all models that in the first stated recommendation:

"1. Look for a photographer WITH a Portfolio

To produce good images, you got to have a affinity with the photographer. Before agreeing to work with someone, view his portfolio first to get a rough idea on his style. If you like his style and ideas, there is a match! The likelihood of producing good photos is much higher as well. It would be even better if you two could work on a long term relationship to develop each other. In this industry, both the photographer and model will get equal recognition and rise up the same time. If your photographer becomes famous, most likely, you will become famous too!"

You can find this in the sticky thread. Photographers usually show us their portfolios and that is when we decide between a TFCD or a paid shoot. All this are determined between the model's ability to pose and the photographer's shooting skills. If you think that you are not comfortable with showing me your portfolio then I will not be agreeing on a shoot. And I am not particularly demanding for a paid shoot either. Check out that sticky thread please. Thanks.
    Can't understand u also, what u want see my port link is dun trust
    me as a photographer? If so wonder how to working with u? lols..i
    won't using point & shoot cam to photoshoot u for sure rite?
    If u want asking for paid shoot, shld u show ur port link to me
    instead? If dun have port link shld do more tfcd to build up ur link..
    I able let u know my photography skill more den 10 over
    yrs, how about u wonder how many yrs modelling experience?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Dear all,

Really appreciated your comments.
    I have ignored him and was told to delete this thread. but still i ignored.

BUT.
    This is what i received

Hello, do DEL tat thread ASAP.
    dun let me fire u back..

I do not know how he look like too! And he does know how I look like, scally one day he really fire ME back and then I end up being dead or sumthing. LOL!
    Seriously, I think when a man is angry, he can do terrible things to a girl. So thanks to everyone again.. do not wiish to have him PM me even more threats.

To whoever who are already aware of this issue. Hopefully someone can do something about it. All the threats about firing and all. Does that mean that if i leave it here, he will finally say something? or it means otherwise. By tmr, this thread will be gone. Leaving it here till tmr morning for all of you to read about my appreciation.
    To the photographer,

better read the Terms of Use carefully before you do anything.

7. Harassment - Harassment of other forum members via Private Message, postings, emails or other means will result in immediate banishment and if serious enough, may be reported to the relevant authorities for their further investigation.

Blog Entries

sneeze. i guess its a bad case of miscommunication?

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    But then what if I am an amateur without portfolio (which I am)? Does it mean I cannot engage XMM for photoshoot?
    a portfolio is showing what the model or photographer capable of, so if a photographer don't have a decent works to show, he can start by asking people he know to help him to built up his portfolio.

photographers and models are investing time and effort to collaborate the shoot, both parties should able to get a set of portfolio worthy images, and also experience.

many photographers think since TFCD is free, so shouldn't be too demanding, this is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    To the photographer,

better read the Terms of Use carefully before you do anything.

7. Harassment - Harassment of other forum members via Private Message, postings, emails or other means will result in immediate banishment and if serious enough, may be reported to the relevant authorities for their further investigation.
    His pictures that was linked on this thread had already been deleted. Don't think he'd use that nick in CS anymore, anyway it's a nick of no value not to mention he tarnished it further for not able to handle the situation well enough.
    Visit me at my studio: http://www.studiospace.com.sg

Quote Originally Posted by sykestang View Post
    His pictures that was linked on this thread had already been deleted. Don't think he'd use that nick in CS anymore, anyway it's a nick of no value not to mention he tarnished it further for not able to handle the situation well enough.
    he has deleted most of his threads and posts, left those threads he has no permission to edit or delete.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast