Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommand a Cameras around $400

Default Re: Recommand a Cameras around $400

Hi I've a Casio EX-H10 superzoom that allow auto focus all the time without half pressing the shutter button, my mom have the same problem as ur wife so i just let her use that, so the moment she point at the target or change the target, the focus will auto adjust, ofcourse this will drain up the battery faster but hey this is the a better solution to me rather than teaching her the thing that she'll ask me again everytime she took out the cam(don't expect old people that is 2-3 generation above us to be able to cope with those things, u'll be frustrated having to teach them over and over again ), the EX-H10 should be selling for around S$400 brand new now or you can get the EX-H10 that is much faster and accurate AF for another S$50 - S$100 brand new, it have no manual function though(mostly fully automated)
    i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    So is your budget $400 or $1000?

Anyway test in courts is fine. Just don't buy there.
    After reading from this forum and advise by many here, decided to go for DSLR.

So increased my budget to $1000. This will be my first DSLR.

Hope $1000.00 is enough for Nikon D3100 when it come out, if not will start with Nikon D3000 or Canon 1000D. Will need more help and advise from all here, once I get the DSLR,

Just testing in Courts as I was near there. Already have some idea where to get the cameras from this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by panpan View Post

Hope $1000.00 is enough for Nikon D3100 when it come out, if not will start with Nikon D3000 or Canon 1000D. Will need more help and advise from all here, once I get the DSLR,

Just testing in Courts as I was near there. Already have some idea where to get the cameras from this forum.
    I'd recommend a Sony A33. Much more feature packed than the models you're looking at.
    Alpha

Sony cameras have a feature called "Eye-start AF", which basically start to AF right the moment you put the camera to your face and look through the viewfinder. I find this feature helps immensely when asking non-photographers to use my DSLR. Recommend you to look at this. I'm not sure if Canon / Nikon bodies have this but i doubt it.

How to change the title, or I need to start a new thread? Now the title do not tally.

How to change the title, or I need to start a new thread? Now the title do not tally.
    Close this thread then. No need to start a new thread, there are dozens and dozens of "what DSLR camera to get" threads. Just start reading.
    Alpha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12