Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommand a Cameras around $400

Default Recommand a Cameras around $400

Hi all, I am Panpan, new to this forum.

I am look to upgradge from my old Panasonic DMC-FX10 6 Megapixels cameras, my wife always complain that she take very blurly picture. It not the cameras problem, she alway dont let the cameras focus. So looking for a replacement, that is easy to take picture for my wife, like some quick smart autofocus,etc but I will also like to play around with some setting when I using it.

Now looking at this model:
    If my wife ok with the size and weight of this cameras
    Nikon Coolpix L110 Appro S$389
    Canon PowerShot SX130 IS appro S$399
    Fuji FinePix S1800 appro S$379
    I want to check whether the above cameras are better than the below, or are they only good for zooming only.

If not will be the following model :
    Fujifilm FinePix F80EXR Appro S$439
    Nikon CoolPix S8000 Appro S$409

Please recommand or advise? Not getting the cameras now but around Nov'2010 or if have better choice or model just add in.

Default Re: Recommand a Cameras around $400

If she never lets the camera focus, then getting a new camera will not correct that problem and just be like throwing away money. I suggest you teach your wife how to focus first.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by panpan View Post
    Hi all, I am Panpan, new to this forum.

I am look to upgradge from my old Panasonic DMC-FX10 6 Megapixels cameras, my wife always complain that she take very blurly picture. It not the cameras problem, she alway dont let the cameras focus. So looking for a replacement, that is easy to take picture for my wife, like some quick smart autofocus,etc but I will also like to play around with some setting when I using it.

Now looking at this model:
    If my wife ok with the size and weight of this cameras
    Nikon Coolpix L110 Appro S$389
    Canon PowerShot SX130 IS appro S$399
    Fuji FinePix S1800 appro S$379
    I want to check whether the above cameras are better than the below, or are they only good for zooming only.

If not will be the following model :
    Fujifilm FinePix F80EXR Appro S$439
    Nikon CoolPix S8000 Appro S$409

Please recommand or advise? Not getting the cameras now but around Nov'2010 or if have better choice or model just add in.
    sounds like a technique problem. Wouldn't it be easier (and cheaper) to learn the right technique, instead of looking for a 'better' camera?
    I don't quite get what you mean by "quick smart autofocus". You mean you expect the camera to know when to autofocus...?
    Last edited by ZerocoolAstra; 24th September 2010 at 01:04 PM.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    If she never lets the camera focus, then getting a new camera will not correct that problem and just be like throwing away money. I suggest you teach your wife how to focus first.
    I give up teaching her, now just have to remind her everytime she take picture to press half way, wait to see some square then press fully. I dont know what so hard about this.

It also an excuse for me to up upgradge my cameras,

Just wonder whether the cameras I chosen have better autofocus, etc then my DMC-FX10.

I give up teaching her, now just have to remind her everytime she take picture to press half way, wait to see some square then press fully. I dont know what so hard about this.

It also an excuse for me to up upgradge my cameras,

Just wonder whether the cameras I chosen have better autofocus, etc then my DMC-FX10.
    DSLR will be faster to AF la... but then to spend so much money because of a technique problem... I find it quite hard to accept
    If you want an excuse then that's different la...! But I don't think any of the cameras you shortlisted really will add a new dimension to your photography.
    Nothing wrong with a 6 megapixel camera.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    DSLR will be faster to AF la... but then to spend so much money because of a technique problem... I find it quite hard to accept
    If you want an excuse then that's different la...! But I don't think any of the cameras you shortlisted really will add a new dimension to your photography.
    Nothing wrong with a 6 megapixel camera.
    This is what I afraid also, that is don't add new dimension to my photography.

I want a cameras to start with, but dont have the budget for now for DSLR.

So I try to get some cameras to play around first before going to DSLR when I have better technique. Looking for cameras that have better feature and control than a point and shoot.

So I try to get some cameras to play around first before going to DSLR when I have better technique. Looking for cameras that have better feature and control than a point and shoot.
    2nd hand DSLRs can go for as low as 400-500. But again, if she does not learn how to focus, she will also get blur pictures.
    Alpha

if im in ur shoe.. i save a bit more money.. and get Canon S95
    ur wife will love it compactness and you get to play with it..
    ~PeaceNoWar~

camera phone - iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by intrance View Post
    if im in ur shoe.. i save a bit more money.. and get Canon S95
    ur wife will love it compactness and you get to play with it..
    Won't make a difference to her if she does not let it finish focusing.
    Alpha

I think if you throw in three or four hundred more, you could get a Sony or a Pendax entry level camera with kit lens...
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Won't make a difference to her if she does not let it finish focusing.
    We are out of focus

The new cameras will mostly use by me, just that she will be using the auto mode if she rarely use it or she can use the Panasonic DMC-FX10.

We are out of focus

The new cameras will mostly use by me, just that she will be using the auto mode if she rarely use it or she can use the Panasonic DMC-FX10.
    In that case, fondle the cameras (also look at the Sonys) and buy the one that "calls" to you more.
    Alpha

2nd hand Panasonic LX3
    Visit my portfolio at http://woeilee.zenfolio.com

If you buy a 2nd hand entry-level DSLR and stop there (ie don't buy too many more things), it doesn't really cost much more than a decent prosumer-class compact camera.
    The problem is knowing when to stop spending

For me, I tend to classify compact cameras into one group generally... ie the difference in performance between one compact and another is not too significant. I find that the good-performing compacts (eg. S90, LX3) can cost almost as much as entry-level DSLRs. So to really have a 'new dimension' in photography, I would say.... DSLR is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    If you buy a 2nd hand entry-level DSLR and stop there (ie don't buy too many more things), it doesn't really cost much more than a decent prosumer-class compact camera.
    The problem is knowing when to stop spending

For me, I tend to classify compact cameras into one group generally... ie the difference in performance between one compact and another is not too significant. I find that the good-performing compacts (eg. S90, LX3) can cost almost as much as entry-level DSLRs. So to really have a 'new dimension' in photography, I would say.... DSLR is the way to go
    Any recommand 2nd hand entry level DSLR model that I can look for, around $400 if possible?

Any recommand 2nd hand entry level DSLR model that I can look for, around $400 if possible?
    Do you want to up the $400 to... say around $500 or maybe $600+? You might be able to get a good Sony A230. And I even see some Canon 450D for $470 (only catch is you need to buy your own lens). And I believe 1000D is selling cheap too (second hand).

Canon

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767838
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...ighlight=1000d (this one come with kit lens)

Sony

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...highlight=A230

Better to search our BnS section. Also don't forget to look to other brands like the Pentax and Olympus too (both make excellent DSLR too!)

Happy hunting!
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

I sold a Nikon D40 for about $500 about a year and a half ago.
    A sony A230 was going for about $6xx brand new, so 2nd hand should be in the $4xx range.

Have try out D3000 in Courts like it but it don't come with HD video. Will wait for D3100, hope it come out before Nov'2010 and around $1000.00.

Blog Entries

Have try out D3000 in Courts like it but it don't come with HD video. Will wait for D3100, hope it come out before Nov'2010 and around $1000.00.
    So is your budget $400 or $1000?

Anyway test in courts is fine. Just don't buy there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast