Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: What Lens to bring for taking F1

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: What Lens to bring for taking F1

    Some shots to share
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=23bd1c4936

    Went for 2 days and was fortunate to get club suite tickets ! Great view from above
    Buy Film Not Megapixels

  2. #42
    Member zoom3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: What Lens to bring for taking F1

    Norman Bro, Nice

    No fence and great high ISO IQ from the K-x
    Last edited by zoom3; 27th September 2010 at 08:18 PM.

  3. #43

    Default Re: What Lens to bring for taking F1

    Quote Originally Posted by zoom3 View Post
    While the cars are sharp, the prominent fence spoils the pics. That's why I don't bother with it anymore this year.

    It was a very different story in 2008. The security then was really slack. One can pretty much go anywhere along track side and there were many good shooting locations and clear holes in the fence to shoot through. In 2009, security tightened up significantly. Many locations were closed off and most holes gone.. This year even worst ! Next year can forget it. I think the organisors did this purposely to stop all those unofficial photos being taken & circulated. Well, this is my conspiracy theory anyway

    So this year I concentrated on the going-ons around the event rather than the race itself. A lot more fun. And this is why. Still got car, with the pretty girls that is part & parcel of the F1 circus. Right?

    The FA50mm is great for F1 too.
    Yup, alot of those holes are gone. And also the Walkabout has change. LAst time is zone 2,3,4 , but now is Zone 4 only or that premier walkabout.

    Wow the Model is inside the LG booth there one ah? I go down that time no model


    Quote Originally Posted by normanho23 View Post
    [IMG]

    K-x with Sigma 18-200mm. 1/500s, F6.7 at ISO6400. K-x noise suppression indeed very good.
    Wow no fence.. so good.. Such High ISO again .. Envy...

  4. #44

    Default Re: What Lens to bring for taking F1

    Quote Originally Posted by Recoil3d View Post
    Some shots to share
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=23bd1c4936

    Went for 2 days and was fortunate to get club suite tickets ! Great view from above

    U got a great place to view.. Is it high up? Did you use your 18-200mm? at the 200mm to shoot? Seem like has an area which is over the fence to shoot the cars without the irritating fence.
    Oh yah.. ermm... your pictures seem very Yellow for the Shots of the cars? AWB setting? I only saw 2 pictures which is White...

  5. #45

    Default Re: What Lens to bring for taking F1

    Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    I was at the Padang Grandstand After Turn 9.
    I walk towards the Turn 11 for the viewing stand on Friday but when i saw the crowd there, i just U-turn back to the comfort of my Grandstand.
    Friday was totally empty at the Grandstand, i can just walk to anywhere to shoot. Sat was more pack, so confined a small area to try Wide open shots. Last day, i just enjoy my race. (too crowded.)
    so good... me only at the walkabout area...

    everybody jam at the turning point with all the big big lens...
    groud very flat but about 2 meter from the fence... so all get low side view...
    have to stand on platform... but the the platform is more than 10 meter from the fence...
    so got the height but not near enough... near enough but no height...

  6. #46

    Default Re: What Lens to bring for taking F1

    Quote Originally Posted by normanho23 View Post




    K-x with Sigma 18-200mm. 1/500s, F6.7 at ISO6400. K-x noise suppression indeed very good.
    direct JPG out???
    my PP skill suck still... i use lightroom still more noise than you...
    i will try use the pentax software try....

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Woodlands / Jurong East
    Posts
    455

    Default Re: What Lens to bring for taking F1

    Direct copy and paste from the memory card to photobucket. No pre or post processing. I was pretty surprised by the IQ too. My frens beside me using 450d, 550d, D90, D3000 all gave up after trying a few shots with ISO3200 and using 18-200 zoom lens. Shutter speed simply too slow. When I show them my photos, they just suck their thumb.... one of them even commented: "should have bought Pentax! so much cheaper". He is using a Canon 550d. Haha...
    Black A6000, Tamron 18-200 Di III VC, SELP1650, SEL50F18, SEL30F18, SEL16F28

  8. #48

    Default Re: What Lens to bring for taking F1

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlightsg View Post
    so good... me only at the walkabout area...

    everybody jam at the turning point with all the big big lens...
    groud very flat but about 2 meter from the fence... so all get low side view...
    have to stand on platform... but the the platform is more than 10 meter from the fence...
    so got the height but not near enough... near enough but no height...
    Ah ic.. so ur side ain't better also.. hehe.. Well. Next time just enjoy the race loh >,< but during qualifying if don't take some pictures, abit boring.. lolx

    Quote Originally Posted by normanho23 View Post
    Direct copy and paste from the memory card to photobucket. No pre or post processing. I was pretty surprised by the IQ too. My frens beside me using 450d, 550d, D90, D3000 all gave up after trying a few shots with ISO3200 and using 18-200 zoom lens. Shutter speed simply too slow. When I show them my photos, they just suck their thumb.... one of them even commented: "should have bought Pentax! so much cheaper". He is using a Canon 550d. Haha...
    Wow.. good good.. At least more recognition of what Pentax can do.. hee.
    Sigh.i can't show off my ISO to others .. how i wish i have bought the K-x but damn.. i just love the feel of the K7. K5 is coming but no $$ for it and My K7 is not even a year old, cannot change so fast..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •