Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: what kind of pics use what kind of settings..??

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    134

    Default what kind of pics use what kind of settings..??

    sorry i am a newbie... but i am willing to learn more bout photography... and need u experts out there to teach me about this new interest that i just picked up...

    i always use auto when taking photographs... but i would like to learn bout the different setting and what kind of setting to use best for the different kinds of shots in the manual mode....

    can anione tell me wat kind of settings to use best in these kind of shots..??

    - night scenes
    - taking pics of fast moving object
    - sunset and sunrise shots
    - and other shots that you want to tell me...

    btw... i using Canon IXUS 330...


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    134

    Default

    no one wants to help a newbie... or u all dun understand wat i am asking...??

  3. #3

    Default

    Pianz dun say until like that leh

    Quite hard to explain all in a post, why don't you check out this short online guide on Photography:

    http://www.shortcourses.com/using/index.htm

    I find it quite useful when I first bought my Digicam as well

    Enjoy!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    134

    Default

    welll thanks... at least there is a reply... i tot i was speaking japanese for a moment...

  5. #5

    Default

    heh heh no lah now public holidays all go out snap snap liao mah

    Unlike me, even have to work

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Must be more courteus mah.. haha. Pple will help lah
    Why not go clubsnap IRC channel for a chat with some old birds?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    134

    Default

    i apologise for using a harsh tone... cos i tot nobody understand wat i was asking.... no hard feelings here...

    aniwei... can u all tell me wat settings to use for a night shot... can't seems to get it right leh...


    peace everyone...

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by icube
    i apologise for using a harsh tone... cos i tot nobody understand wat i was asking.... no hard feelings here...

    aniwei... can u all tell me wat settings to use for a night shot... can't seems to get it right leh...


    peace everyone...
    Try to use a higher aperture as possible eg. F2.8 or F1.8 if possible. And you will require to open up ur shutter speed.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    134

    Default

    i dun think mine can set aperture... as for shutter speed... dun think can set also.... i only noe can set ISO, white balance, exposure....

  10. #10

    Default

    my tip: use a tripod for nite shots

  11. #11
    Trevor_Tan
    Guests

    Default Re: what kind of pics use what kind of settings..??

    Originally posted by icube
    sorry i am a newbie... but i am willing to learn more bout photography... and need u experts out there to teach me about this new interest that i just picked up...

    i always use auto when taking photographs... but i would like to learn bout the different setting and what kind of setting to use best for the different kinds of shots in the manual mode....

    can anione tell me wat kind of settings to use best in these kind of shots..??

    - night scenes
    - taking pics of fast moving object
    - sunset and sunrise shots
    - and other shots that you want to tell me...

    btw... i using Canon IXUS 330...

    Err from what I know, there isn't much setting you can play around with IXUS, it seem like a point and shoot camera to me.
    As you can't change the aperture or shutter speed, to take fast moving object you just might need to move at the same speed with the object
    for night scenes, Sun rise/set, maybe switching it to landscape mode (the logo with mountain).
    Not sure if this help

  12. #12

    Default Re: Re: what kind of pics use what kind of settings..??

    Originally posted by Trevor_Tan


    Err from what I know, there isn't much setting you can play around with IXUS, it seem like a point and shoot camera to me.
    As you can't change the aperture or shutter speed, to take fast moving object you just might need to move at the same speed with the object
    for night scenes, Sun rise/set, maybe switching it to landscape mode (the logo with mountain).
    Not sure if this help
    yup, just use the landscape mode for night scenes. you will need a tripod for that too, unless u place the camera on a steady object. Use the self-timer to trigger off the shutter so that u will not move the camera.

  13. #13
    butters
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by icube
    i dun think mine can set aperture... as for shutter speed... dun think can set also.... i only noe can set ISO, white balance, exposure....
    haha, you obviously didnt rtfm... no offence.. the ixus 330 CAN set long shuttle speed, up to 15seconds... you must enable the night scene mode within the menu while in manual shooting mode... then press the WB button to bring out the 1st menu... use your up/down scroll to set the exposure time ... good luck...

  14. #14
    butters
    Guests

    Default

    btw, wat situation would demand the use of the landscape mode? from what i know, it's used to shoot farway objects... but how far away should the object be before the landscape mode needs to be used?

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Originally posted by butters


    haha, you obviously didnt rtfm... no offence.. the ixus 330 CAN set long shuttle speed, up to 15seconds... you must enable the night scene mode within the menu while in manual shooting mode... then press the WB button to bring out the 1st menu... use your up/down scroll to set the exposure time ... good luck...
    wow thanks.. read thru the manual... actually found it already... but aniwei thanks... guess i was a little too impatient about my new camera...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •