Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

  1. #1
    Member Aaronlim81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    417

    Default What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    Hi guys, I shall be going for my honeymoon trip to taiwan next week, this is a tour guided trip and also my first time going to bring my DSLR for holiday. I don't know in such a rush trip what photography equipment need and what need bring?Please advice me about the equipment that I intend bring along.

    -Canon 7D
    -Canon 100-400 Lens
    -Sigma 18-200 Lens
    -Canon 50mm f1.8
    -Tripod
    -580 ex II flash

    Is is practical to bring this items along?
    EOS 7D-Canon 100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS/ Sigma 18-200mm F3.5 OS/ EF50mm f1.8/ Speedlite 580EX2

  2. #2
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    First and foremost... remember to bring your wife.

    Remember to enjoy the trip more... Don't turn it into a photo-shoot which might anger the new woman of the house.

    And leave the 100-400 at home...
    Last edited by daredevil123; 23rd September 2010 at 01:42 AM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    Remember not to bring your mother in law


    Enjoy your trip.

  4. #4
    Member/Tangshooter jawzsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Moi live in a flat
    Posts
    714

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    Firstly congrats on your honeymoon .. think you may like to skip the 100-400 unless you have intention for birding/wildlife.
    651D90 Mk II cameller™ ...... "Ai Camel Mai ?"

  5. #5

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    Agreed with DD123. Since its a tour group also, you might not have time to deploy the tripod. It depends on how familiar you are with your set up and ur itinerary. Your flash is really optional. Since you have your 7D flash, its basically good enough to get exposed shots but if you are going for the more artistic feel, or think you want to manipulate the light just a little more, take the flash too.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    tripod is important as they can take the photos with them inside . . .

    go light and enjoy the trip.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  7. #7

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    I suggest that you just bring your 18-200mm and maybe your flash. Enjoy the trip with your wife. Being a guided tour can be quite restrictive for shooting. I just went taiwan in january with my parents and I had to shoot what I wanted fast (meaning getting off the bus fast....quickly deploy tripod.....look &wait for good spot among many many tourists sometimes....and when u just finished and satisfied...time to go back to bus....) so...just relax and enjoy the trip.

  8. #8
    Member Aaronlim81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    417

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    Quote Originally Posted by jawzsg View Post
    Firstly congrats on your honeymoon .. think you may like to skip the 100-400 unless you have intention for birding/wildlife.
    Probably won't have time for birding. Wanted to bring so as just in case can take a few quick snap of bird that I can't find in Singapore. But wife screaming at me for bring so much equipment onboard lol. I'm sure I'll regret for not bring 100-400.

    Quote Originally Posted by hotchoco1ate View Post
    Agreed with DD123. Since its a tour group also, you might not have time to deploy the tripod. It depends on how familiar you are with your set up and ur itinerary. Your flash is really optional. Since you have your 7D flash, its basically good enough to get exposed shots but if you are going for the more artistic feel, or think you want to manipulate the light just a little more, take the flash too.
    Thanks to your advice hotchocolate,don't know whether got time to deploy tripod anot. Wanted to take self portrait of me and my wife.

    Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    tripod is important as they can take the photos with them inside . . .
    go light and enjoy the trip.
    Erm bro sorry me catch no ball. They(tripod?) can take picture with them(?) inside(where)????anyway thanks I will enjoy the trip.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yangzw View Post
    I suggest that you just bring your 18-200mm and maybe your flash. Enjoy the trip with your wife. Being a guided tour can be quite restrictive for shooting. I just went taiwan in january with my parents and I had to shoot what I wanted fast (meaning getting off the bus fast....quickly deploy tripod.....look &wait for good spot among many many tourists sometimes....and when u just finished and satisfied...time to go back to bus....) so...just relax and enjoy the trip.
    Is it very lame to setup tripod for shooting whereby other tourist busy looking around?would they laugh at me? This oncoming trip is a 8 days tour as I can see from the schedule it's might be a very tiring trip. Hopefully I got some spare time to manage my wife and sufficient time for me to shoot a little while more.

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    First and foremost... remember to bring your wife.

    Remember to enjoy the trip more... Don't turn it into a photo-shoot which might anger the new woman of the house.And leave the 100-400 at home...
    Keke haven't go only discuss with wife what photography equipment to bring already got blasted &+^#*< out loud in my ear while driving. You go there to shoot or holiday blablablabla......
    EOS 7D-Canon 100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS/ Sigma 18-200mm F3.5 OS/ EF50mm f1.8/ Speedlite 580EX2

  9. #9

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    7D + 18-200 enough liao.....

  10. #10

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    Just bring the following will do:
    -Canon 7D
    -Sigma 18-200 Lens
    -Canon 50mm f1.8
    -580 ex II flash

    Important thing is to enjoy your honeymoon! Congrats!
    Nikon D4 | AF-S 50mm 1.4G | AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED (2.9x) | AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED | SB900

  11. #11
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    Bring me along.................................
    Take the shot!

  12. #12
    Member Aaronlim81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    417

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    Quote Originally Posted by cyquek View Post
    7D + 18-200 enough liao.....
    Thanks for your advice cyquek.

    Quote Originally Posted by lloh108 View Post
    Just bring the following will do:
    -Canon 7D
    -Sigma 18-200 Lens
    -Canon 50mm f1.8
    -580 ex II flash

    Important thing is to enjoy your honeymoon! Congrats!
    Thanks lloh108. Well I agreed since it's a honeymoon tour objective should be enjoying the trip with my wife instead of shooting might neglect my wife.

    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    Bring me along.................................
    Hi MM,thanks for dropping by. Sure I Ta Bao you in my luggage. Ask you out when i need to shoot. Wahahaha!
    EOS 7D-Canon 100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS/ Sigma 18-200mm F3.5 OS/ EF50mm f1.8/ Speedlite 580EX2

  13. #13

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    18-200 would be enough. flash may not be necessary but I would bring my tripod just in case you need it!!enjoy your honeymoon dude!
    7D w/ 70-300mm/50mm1.8/70-200F4L/17-50mm F2.8

  14. #14

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    happy honeymoon to you two.
    enjoy your trip.

  15. #15
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    body with 18-200 is enough (ok MAYBE a flash) ..... i would leave the tripod at home if u intend to do self-portraits with wife (just get someone else to shoot you 2)

    Just enjoy , shoot when you can , dont push it and do a seperate photo-dedicated trip some other time ......... you want a long happy marriage

    You might also end up pissing off alot of fellow non-photog tour group travellers if you get too 'deep' into shooting ........... almost always you will tend to be one of the lagging last few back on the coach while everyone waits for you to grab that 'one last shot' .... u might find it cute or OK but others will not
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  16. #16
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    Quote Originally Posted by jawzsg View Post
    Firstly congrats on your honeymoon .. think you may like to skip the 100-400 unless you have intention for birding/wildlife.
    worst, wait ur wify thought u shooting pretty woman from a distant.

    i suggest leve all these at home, bring a good p&s, a small & light tripod.
    Last edited by denniskee; 23rd September 2010 at 10:14 AM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  17. #17
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    congrats!

    Go light while on a tour guided trip and enjoy the trip!
    the 18-200 and the 7D will do great!

    ryan

  18. #18
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronlim81 View Post
    Hi MM,thanks for dropping by. Sure I Ta Bao you in my luggage. Ask you out when i need to shoot. Wahahaha!
    Taiwan got a lot of birds to shoot.............................
    Take the shot!

  19. #19

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronlim81 View Post
    Hi guys, I shall be going for my honeymoon trip to taiwan next week, this is a tour guided trip and also my first time going to bring my DSLR for holiday. I don't know in such a rush trip what photography equipment need and what need bring?Please advice me about the equipment that I intend bring along.

    -Canon 7D
    -Canon 100-400 Lens
    -Sigma 18-200 Lens
    -Canon 50mm f1.8
    -Tripod
    -580 ex II flash

    Is is practical to bring this items along?
    it's your honeymoon.

    i suggest you bring this item:





























    - Your Bride

    you're welcome!

  20. #20
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    Bring me along.................................
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronlim81 View Post
    Hi MM,thanks for dropping by. Sure I Ta Bao you in my luggage. Ask you out when i need to shoot. Wahahaha!
    No need tripod already. just use his shoulder as support.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •