Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3678910131833 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season I

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Just thinking about you. Reservist for so long meh?

K5 - On lah.

marcus
    u better believe it... 3 weeks stay in... just collected my new toy yesterday

will post some pix for tech discussion soon

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

after a long wait, finally had time to go and pick up my K-5. i was quite intrigued with the ability of the K-5 to go down to ISO 80. some samples to share.

problem with ISO 80 is that the flash setup must be powerful enough or will end up with lots of under-exposed pix.

ISO 80

ISO 80

ISO 80

the last 2 is the same subject taken with different iso. imo, not that much difference, even after looking at the 100% crop. under normal circumstances, i would be more tempted to shoot at ISO 200 to have more flexibility with aperture size and flash exposure.

or it might be that i'm still not very familiar with the camera and not utilising it to its fullest. anyone has any experience to share? are pix taken at ISO 80 significantly sharper on the K-5?

ISO 80

ISO 200

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    after a long wait, finally had time to go and pick up my K-5. i was quite intrigued with the ability of the K-5 to go down to ISO 80. some samples to share.

problem with ISO 80 is that the flash setup must be powerful enough or will end up with lots of under-exposed pix.

ISO 80

ISO 80

ISO 80

the last 2 is the same subject taken with different iso. imo, not that much difference, even after looking at the 100% crop. under normal circumstances, i would be more tempted to shoot at ISO 200 to have more flexibility with aperture size and flash exposure.

or it might be that i'm still not very familiar with the camera and not utilising it to its fullest. anyone has any experience to share? are pix taken at ISO 80 significantly sharper on the K-5?

ISO 80

ISO 200

Thanks, Donald and welcome back.

The colors of the green background is even and well balance for iso 80. Usable high iso is a bonus to manupilate aperture and shutter. K5 seems great a performer.

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Thanks, Donald and welcome back.

The colors of the green background is even and well balance for iso 80. Usable high iso is a bonus to manupilate aperture and shutter. K5 seems great a performer.

marcus
    glad u like it... buy buy buy!

Was informed the thread on "Hands-on with K-r" moved to "Review". So I post the same pics here.

Had the K-r for almost 3 weeks and today was the 1st time really done some shooting.
    Went to Little India today with bros FengWei, Loke & another gentlemen (must pardon me for forgotten his name.)

The followings were shot with Tamron SP Di 90mm/2.8 Macro. Setting was mostly AV & Macro setting on the K-r and most pics are cropped.

#3-The flame not sharp as wind was blowing.

Last edited by pentriot; 30th October 2010 at 10:13 PM.
    Pentax for Life

Nice Kr's pictures from u Ben,Great colours... Hmm! how come u never go for K5.
    PENTAX l OldKMan

Quote Originally Posted by nik34 View Post
    Nice Kr's pictures from u Ben,Great colours... Hmm! how come u never go for K5.
    I think Ben bought this camera for his son

Quote Originally Posted by gummy73 View Post
    I think Ben bought this camera for his son
    Thats so nice about him,good father.. apply the right poison to his son..
    just kidding brother Ben..for u.

Heres another late night in house photography done by me.

My wedding ring since 1997,design by Lawrence Lim..Me..Haha!

K20 / Sigma 70mm macro / 1/180 F16 / Sb26 off shoe trigger with PT-04.
    Last edited by nik34; 31st October 2010 at 01:17 AM.
    PENTAX l OldKMan

K20 / Sigma 70mm macro / 1/180 F16 / Sb26 off shoe trigger with PT-04.

Nice design...There is D&G and now there is D&L.

After getting the K-r for my son, too broke now to consider the K5...still got the K7 Silver.

Here few more colourful shots with K-r + Tam 90 Macro.

Pentax for Life

It was an impulse decision to get the K-r. Was thinking a pre-owned K-x for my son to try his hands on DSLR to see if he'll hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    Nice design...There is D&G and now there is D&L.
    Nice of Lawrence to use D&L. (ladies 1st)
    Normally it would be L&D, but it looks like Liabilities.
    Pentax for Life

Tonight's the highlight of my photojournalism so far..

President Obama comes back to his hometown Hyde Park at Chicago and gives a rally at our school!

Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    After getting the K-r for my son, too broke now to consider the K5...still got the K7 Silver.
    Ben...I think you are just waiting for the Silver - K-5 to come out

[QUOTE=pentriot;6644190]It was an impulse decision to get the K-r. Was thinking a pre-owned K-x for my son to try his hands on DSLR to see if he'll hook.

[QUOTE]

Looks like you are using the K-R than your son...how to get hooked if he has no chance to use...

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    Tonight's the highlight of my photojournalism so far..

President Obama comes back to his hometown Hyde Park at Chicago and gives a rally at our school!
    He is a great speaker...must have been exciting. Unless you are republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    Ben...I think you are just waiting for the Silver - K-5 to come out

Looks like you are using the K-R than your son...how to get hooked if he has no chance to use...
    Yalor, going to Japan on Nov 29 and look see look see if any K-5 SE in the pipeline.
    Have to hands-on the K-r before teaching my son use mah.
    Last edited by pentriot; 31st October 2010 at 12:55 PM.
    Pentax for Life

Another 2 pics to illustrate the speed & accuracy of k5's AF

again it's a fast moving small bird with messy leaves+branches & yet the focusing is rather fast & smooth.

Another one

Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Another 2 pics to illustrate the speed & accuracy of k5's AF

again it's a fast moving small bird with messy leaves+branches & yet the focusing is rather fast & smooth.
    ho say lah... another upgrader nice captures... i like the first one... AF was spot on... right on head

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    ho say lah... another upgrader nice captures... i like the first one... AF was spot on... right on head
    Thanks bro.

taken using an 'OLD' K7 using HDR. my first hdr actually, had to use a tripod. any tips on how to improve it? such as some light PP? thanks!

Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3678910131833 ... LastLast