Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3678910131833 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1031

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season I

  1. #141

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Just thinking about you. Reservist for so long meh?

    K5 - On lah.

    marcus
    u better believe it... 3 weeks stay in... just collected my new toy yesterday

    will post some pix for tech discussion soon

  2. #142

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    after a long wait, finally had time to go and pick up my K-5. i was quite intrigued with the ability of the K-5 to go down to ISO 80. some samples to share.

    problem with ISO 80 is that the flash setup must be powerful enough or will end up with lots of under-exposed pix.

    ISO 80

    ISO 80

    ISO 80


    the last 2 is the same subject taken with different iso. imo, not that much difference, even after looking at the 100% crop. under normal circumstances, i would be more tempted to shoot at ISO 200 to have more flexibility with aperture size and flash exposure.

    or it might be that i'm still not very familiar with the camera and not utilising it to its fullest. anyone has any experience to share? are pix taken at ISO 80 significantly sharper on the K-5?

    ISO 80

    ISO 200

  3. #143

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    after a long wait, finally had time to go and pick up my K-5. i was quite intrigued with the ability of the K-5 to go down to ISO 80. some samples to share.

    problem with ISO 80 is that the flash setup must be powerful enough or will end up with lots of under-exposed pix.

    ISO 80

    ISO 80

    ISO 80


    the last 2 is the same subject taken with different iso. imo, not that much difference, even after looking at the 100% crop. under normal circumstances, i would be more tempted to shoot at ISO 200 to have more flexibility with aperture size and flash exposure.

    or it might be that i'm still not very familiar with the camera and not utilising it to its fullest. anyone has any experience to share? are pix taken at ISO 80 significantly sharper on the K-5?

    ISO 80

    ISO 200

    Thanks, Donald and welcome back.

    The colors of the green background is even and well balance for iso 80. Usable high iso is a bonus to manupilate aperture and shutter. K5 seems great a performer.

    marcus

  4. #144

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Thanks, Donald and welcome back.

    The colors of the green background is even and well balance for iso 80. Usable high iso is a bonus to manupilate aperture and shutter. K5 seems great a performer.

    marcus
    glad u like it... buy buy buy!

  5. #145
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Was informed the thread on "Hands-on with K-r" moved to "Review". So I post the same pics here.

    Had the K-r for almost 3 weeks and today was the 1st time really done some shooting.
    Went to Little India today with bros FengWei, Loke & another gentlemen (must pardon me for forgotten his name.)

    The followings were shot with Tamron SP Di 90mm/2.8 Macro. Setting was mostly AV & Macro setting on the K-r and most pics are cropped.

    #1


    #2


    #3-The flame not sharp as wind was blowing.


    #4


    #5
    Last edited by pentriot; 30th October 2010 at 10:13 PM.
    Pentax for Life

  6. #146
    Senior Member nik34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    AMK Singapore
    Posts
    2,445

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Nice Kr's pictures from u Ben,Great colours... Hmm! how come u never go for K5.
    PENTAX l OldKMan

  7. #147

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Quote Originally Posted by nik34 View Post
    Nice Kr's pictures from u Ben,Great colours... Hmm! how come u never go for K5.
    I think Ben bought this camera for his son

  8. #148
    Senior Member nik34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    AMK Singapore
    Posts
    2,445

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy73 View Post
    I think Ben bought this camera for his son
    Thats so nice about him,good father.. apply the right poison to his son..
    just kidding brother Ben..for u.


    Heres another late night in house photography done by me.

    My wedding ring since 1997,design by Lawrence Lim..Me..Haha!



    K20 / Sigma 70mm macro / 1/180 F16 / Sb26 off shoe trigger with PT-04.
    Last edited by nik34; 31st October 2010 at 01:17 AM.
    PENTAX l OldKMan

  9. #149

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Quote Originally Posted by nik34 View Post
    Thats so nice about him,good father.. apply the right poison to his son..
    just kidding brother Ben..for u.


    Heres another late night in house photography done by me.

    My wedding ring since 1997,design by Lawrence Lim..Me..Haha!


    K20 / Sigma 70mm macro / 1/180 F16 / Sb26 off shoe trigger with PT-04.

    Nice design...There is D&G and now there is D&L.

  10. #150
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    After getting the K-r for my son, too broke now to consider the K5...still got the K7 Silver.

    Here few more colourful shots with K-r + Tam 90 Macro.

    #1


    #2


    #3
    Pentax for Life

  11. #151
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Quote Originally Posted by nik34 View Post
    Thats so nice about him,good father.. apply the right poison to his son..
    just kidding brother Ben..for u.

    Heres another late night in house photography done by me.

    My wedding ring since 1997,design by Lawrence Lim..Me..Haha!
    It was an impulse decision to get the K-r. Was thinking a pre-owned K-x for my son to try his hands on DSLR to see if he'll hook.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    Nice design...There is D&G and now there is D&L.
    Nice of Lawrence to use D&L. (ladies 1st)
    Normally it would be L&D, but it looks like Liabilities.
    Pentax for Life

  12. #152
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Tonight's the highlight of my photojournalism so far..

    President Obama comes back to his hometown Hyde Park at Chicago and gives a rally at our school!


  13. #153

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    After getting the K-r for my son, too broke now to consider the K5...still got the K7 Silver.
    Ben...I think you are just waiting for the Silver - K-5 to come out

    [QUOTE=pentriot;6644190]It was an impulse decision to get the K-r. Was thinking a pre-owned K-x for my son to try his hands on DSLR to see if he'll hook.

    [QUOTE]


    Looks like you are using the K-R than your son...how to get hooked if he has no chance to use...

  14. #154

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    Tonight's the highlight of my photojournalism so far..

    President Obama comes back to his hometown Hyde Park at Chicago and gives a rally at our school!
    He is a great speaker...must have been exciting. Unless you are republican.

  15. #155
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    Ben...I think you are just waiting for the Silver - K-5 to come out

    Looks like you are using the K-R than your son...how to get hooked if he has no chance to use...
    Yalor, going to Japan on Nov 29 and look see look see if any K-5 SE in the pipeline.
    Have to hands-on the K-r before teaching my son use mah.
    Last edited by pentriot; 31st October 2010 at 12:55 PM.
    Pentax for Life

  16. #156
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,807

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Another 2 pics to illustrate the speed & accuracy of k5's AF

    again it's a fast moving small bird with messy leaves+branches & yet the focusing is rather fast & smooth.


    Another one

  17. #157

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Another 2 pics to illustrate the speed & accuracy of k5's AF

    again it's a fast moving small bird with messy leaves+branches & yet the focusing is rather fast & smooth.
    ho say lah... another upgrader nice captures... i like the first one... AF was spot on... right on head

  18. #158
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,807

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    ho say lah... another upgrader nice captures... i like the first one... AF was spot on... right on head
    Thanks bro.

  19. #159

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

    taken using an 'OLD' K7 using HDR. my first hdr actually, had to use a tripod. any tips on how to improve it? such as some light PP? thanks!

    #1


    #2

  20. #160

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries












Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3678910131833 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •