Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season I

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Another attempt to use ISO12800

F100/2.8 macro; ISO12800; f3.5; 1/160
    NR using Topax Denoise.

I'm still getting grains but I'm telling myself to be realistic since its ISO12800 and not ISO800.
    Anyone has any pointers to even better noise reduction?
    hmm.. how's the topax denoise? Was thinking would it work well with the K-7.
    althought iso wont be going as high as urs. iso 1600 or 3200 would be max for me.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/p...-ownage-4.html
    the TS seem to have good grasp on the NR of denoise. not too sure is the setting he did it on the ISO51200 photos.

By the way, normally do u remove noise first before you PP the photos like, AWB changes, brightness, contrast, saturation, vibrance, brightness and sharpening?

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    Yes I do. The lead vocal is very unique, that's what caught my attention initially.
    Yes, he does have a unique voice.

Quote Originally Posted by jjynwa View Post
    Just attended the 蘇打綠, Sodagreen Press Conference at the Mandarin Oriental this afternoon. 蘇打綠, Sodagreen is a Taiwanese folk-rock-pop band. How many of you know this band?
    I know this band because a friend is a fan of this band. At first I thought Wu Qing Feng the lead vocal sweet voice sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    hmm.. how's the topax denoise? Was thinking would it work well with the K-7.
    althought iso wont be going as high as urs. iso 1600 or 3200 would be max for me.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/p...-ownage-4.html
    the TS seem to have good grasp on the NR of denoise. not too sure is the setting he did it on the ISO51200 photos.

By the way, normally do u remove noise first before you PP the photos like, AWB changes, brightness, contrast, saturation, vibrance, brightness and sharpening?
    I'm still on trial for Topaz Denoise. Its a plug-in on LR or PS, and I usually don't use either and I'm trying not to add LR/PS into my workflow.
    It does seem to offer the controls to clean up the photos better than Noise Ninja, which seems simpler. Don't know how JohnBee on Pentax Forums does the clean up. Its just so good. I think it has to do with experience and understanding of the types of noise (need to read the pdf manual). Currently, I'm in the trial and error phase.

Haven't worked out a good workflow for such high noise photos yet. ATM, its NR 1st, then adjustments. Have not yet tried the other way round.
    Old workflow was Adjustments > NR > sharpen (if needed)

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    This piece of information is at least as poisonous as all the high ISO pics going around! So not only does it focus well in dim conditions, it can lock focus fast as well. This is better proof than just a youtube video of a guy firing off multiple shots in AF-C.
    Thanks bro, glad my this piece of info can be poisonous.

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    Ken, the K5 is not about high ISO and fast AF per se. The 14 bit sensor is superior to the 12-bit old sensor in term of detail rendering and image quality. With the K5, you will see much more details in your birdie after cropping.
    Yes bro, I do notice the details & colors are better than kx especially if working with raw files.

Fast AF speed managed to snap fast moving sunbird too.
    [/QUOTE]

Nice. This bird is too sensitive. Probably K5 AF could match this fast movements.

23octt10malaysia 149 by luctomar, on Flickr

Trusted K10 D Non PP, uncropped

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post

marcus
    Wow..MAn! skillful photographer at work.

Bro, this is a wining shot, K10D still rock...
    PENTAX l OldKMan

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    I know this band because a friend is a fan of this band. At first I thought Wu Qing Feng the lead vocal sweet voice sound like a girl.
    He does have a very wide vocal range, very unique.

Quote Originally Posted by jjynwa View Post
    He does have a very wide vocal range, very unique.
    Thanks for introducing this band, at first thought he sounded alot like Zhang Zheng Yue...lol.
    Charlie Tan loves his SMC 大姑妈
    deviantART | flickr

Marucs,
    like what i always suspectd, it is the man behind the camera...
    shoot to remember. flickr

Fast AF speed managed to snap fast moving sunbird too.

Nice. This bird is too sensitive. Probably K5 AF could match this fast movements.

marcus
    Thanks marcus, your pics is awesome considering it was taken by an old cam.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    I'm still on trial for Topaz Denoise. Its a plug-in on LR or PS, and I usually don't use either and I'm trying not to add LR/PS into my workflow.
    It does seem to offer the controls to clean up the photos better than Noise Ninja, which seems simpler. Don't know how JohnBee on Pentax Forums does the clean up. Its just so good. I think it has to do with experience and understanding of the types of noise (need to read the pdf manual). Currently, I'm in the trial and error phase.

Haven't worked out a good workflow for such high noise photos yet. ATM, its NR 1st, then adjustments. Have not yet tried the other way round.
    Old workflow was nAdjustments > NR > sharpe (if needed)
    ah ic... my old workflow was also Adjustments > NR > sharpe (if needed)
    but was seeing the Topaz denoise guide, it seem to NR first.. I have yet to use the Topaz denoise yet, thinking whether should i try it. Currently using noise ninja.

Seeing JohnBee works with the NR, he is damn good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by nik34 View Post
    Wow..MAn! skillful photographer at work.

Bro, this is a wining shot, K10D still rock...
    Tks Nik, I still like "Money not enuf"

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    Marucs,
    like what i always suspectd, it is the man behind the camera...
    Ya, 50 shot, 5 keepers and balance recycle bin, short distance

Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Thanks marcus, your pics is awesome considering it was taken by an old cam.
    Tks, Kengoh. My K10D says, " I am worn, old and have served my master well but my energy level is running low but have recently went to emjay for surgery, still I have not disappoint my master"

marcus

marcus
    Marcus, nice and excellent capture.

Marcus, nice and excellent capture.
    Tks, Desmond. K5, K10 d becomes backup

marcus

Tks, Desmond. K5, K10 d becomes backup

marcus
    You have the K-x too right?

You have the K-x too right?
    Will pass that to Lucas Young, a new pentaxian, 17 yrs old
    He asked for it so I cannot sell.

marcus
    Last edited by otc; 30th October 2010 at 12:20 AM.

marcus
    Ya time to go for K-5.

marcus
    Marcus, just bite the bullet and buy the K5 lah! its cheap! not as if u buying a BMW right?

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    Marcus, just bite the bullet and buy the K5 lah! its cheap! not as if u buying a BMW right?
    Just thinking about you. Reservist for so long meh?

K5 - On lah.

marcus

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast