Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season I

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    Can't get nice smooth shadows like the macro shifus here, but I think my cut-up milk carton diffuser (= char kway tiao plate diffuser) + built-in flash did a decent job on Kermit the frog here. Now I just need the K-5 to help me lower the noise...

A few more macro pics here.

Nice shot, Gengh That char kway teow plate diffuser seems to work fine.

marcus

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Nice shot, Gengh That char kway teow plate diffuser seems to work fine.

marcus
    Thanks marcus, but I still like your twin flash best. Have to go very close with the plate diffuser to get good results. I'll see if I can improve it.
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Thanks marcus, but I still like your twin flash best. Have to go very close with the plate diffuser to get good results. I'll see if I can improve it.
    Guess we come from school of hard knocks Try and try and soon have good results.

Tat frog from US? Have not seen one here but we have imported bull frog.

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Guess we come from school of hard knocks Try and try and soon have good results.

Tat frog from US? Have not seen one here but we have imported bull frog.

marcus
    Yah, outside my US apartment. Not sure what kind of frog it is. Bull frogs, I always hear (back in SG), but never actually see.

Another attempt to use ISO12800

F100/2.8 macro; ISO12800; f3.5; 1/160
    NR using Topax Denoise.

I'm still getting grains but I'm telling myself to be realistic since its ISO12800 and not ISO800.
    Anyone has any pointers to even better noise reduction?
    Last edited by pinholecam; 27th October 2010 at 10:32 PM.

I got nothing to contribute on the high ISO but I really want to share with fellow pentaxian that I'm very impressed with the new k5.
    Previously my kx the AF is really bad, not only it's slow & hard to focus accurately & also lack of focusing pt in the vf, I tend to miss quite a no. of good shots on this small little bird which is very hard to get closer to him.
    Now with k5, the focusing is very fast & accurate & I manage to shoot this bird easily, the extra megapixel gives me a bigger crop.

Fast AF speed managed to snap fast moving sunbird too.
    Last edited by kengoh; 28th October 2010 at 12:40 AM.

Yesterday there was a fire on school and I rushed down to cover it, but after shooting ~20 photos, both batteries in my camera went flat!! But it's a good thing to have a gf who uses a K10D because I managed to get some spare batteries from her. Always keep your batteries charged and memory cards formatted because of Murphy's Law.

Anyway, after shooting in the darkness and struggling so much with low-light AF and high ISO noise, I truly believe that the K-5 is in my near future. So jealous of all you guys shooting at ISO12800 like it was ISO800..

Enough talk, some pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    I got nothing to contribute on the high ISO but I really want to share with fellow pentaxian that I'm very impressed with the new k5.
    Previously my kx the AF is really bad, not only it's slow & hard to focus accurately & also lack of focusing pt in the vf, I tend to miss quite a no. of good shots on this small little bird which is very hard to get closer to him.
    Now with k5, the focusing is very fast & accurate & I manage to shoot this bird easily, the extra megapixel gives me a bigger crop.
    This piece of information is at least as poisonous as all the high ISO pics going around! So not only does it focus well in dim conditions, it can lock focus fast as well. This is better proof than just a youtube video of a guy firing off multiple shots in AF-C.

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    Yesterday there was a fire on school and I rushed down to cover it, but after shooting ~20 photos, both batteries in my camera went flat!! But it's a good thing to have a gf who uses a K10D because I managed to get some spare batteries from her. Always keep your batteries charged and memory cards formatted because of Murphy's Law.

Anyway, after shooting in the darkness and struggling so much with low-light AF and high ISO noise, I truly believe that the K-5 is in my near future. So jealous of all you guys shooting at ISO12800 like it was ISO800..

Looks serious. I though Chicago is being hit by a blizzard or something.

Looks serious. I though Chicago is being hit by a blizzard or something.
    Nah, windstorm, which probably contributed to the fire

At the end of the day, its the pictures that make the pictures
    Fantastic shots and coverage ISO whatever you used

Enjoyed your all your pictures especially the resting fireman. this pic got "LIFE" mag standard.
    shoot to remember. flickr

Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post

Fast AF speed managed to snap fast moving sunbird too.
    Ken, the K5 is not about high ISO and fast AF per se. The 14 bit sensor is superior to the 12-bit old sensor in term of detail rendering and image quality. With the K5, you will see much more details in your birdie after cropping.
    shoot to remember. flickr

Auto ISO 80-6400 without fear.

FA35/2 at f2.8 ISO1600 1/80

The resolution and ISO performance is leaps ahead of the K7.
    (100% crop w/o PP)

Just attended the 蘇打綠, Sodagreen Press Conference at the Mandarin Oriental this afternoon. 蘇打綠, Sodagreen is a Taiwanese folk-rock-pop band. How many of you know this band?

All my shots were taken using K7 with DA*16-50 & my newly equipped DA*50-135. Loving them!

For more pics, you can visit:
    蘇打綠, Sodagreen Press Conference

K7_J6869 by jjynwa, on Flickr

K7_J6933 by jjynwa, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by jjynwa View Post
    Just attended the 蘇打綠, Sodagreen Press Conference at the Mandarin Oriental this afternoon. 蘇打綠, Sodagreen is a Taiwanese folk-rock-pop band. How many of you know this band?

All my shots were taken using K7 with DA*16-50 & my newly equipped DA*50-135. Loving them!
    One of K7 lover, although the resolution and ISO performance of K5 is leaps ahead.
    Pentax for Life

Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    One of K7 lover, although the resolution and ISO performance of K5 is leaps ahead.
    Definately. Might upgrade next time, I'm still doing fine with the K7 for now I guess.

Definately. Might upgrade next time, I'm still doing fine with the K7 for now I guess.
    Me too. Still holding to my K7 until K1 is released.
    Pentax for Life

Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    Me too. Still holding to my K7 until K1 is released.
    Let's wait together then!

Yes I do. The lead vocal is very unique, that's what caught my attention initially.

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast