Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2439444748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season I

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

instead i merely took this:
    Last edited by MarineX; 9th March 2011 at 11:53 AM.

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

some of my attempts at comifest .. glad to meet with bro xxrenxx, bro CorneliusK (hope i got the nick right) and few other pentaxians..
    thanks bro CorneliusK for strobe experience..

Children playing at Botanic Garden. Where is mum ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lee View Post
    My first post here with the K5 and K 135f2.5 wide open on one of my two favorite subjects, my cat Tami. The image is not as vibrant as on my old 5D in terms of color and contrast. It was shot in raw, and converted in Lightroom 3.3 and cropped slightly. Will need to learn the K5 more thoroughly to get to where I want.

Hope you don't mind me playing around with your photo. All I did was simply increase the brightness. It looks much better already. I'm ok with the colours. It looks natural to me.

Would have been able to easily get better results with the raw file. Cheers.

Some more shots from Comifest

Pentax K-5 doing very well in low light, shooting with acceptable noise at ISO12800 and AF-C tracking models coming straight toward the camera. Can think about selling away my flash already.

Only big problem for me was the slow clearing of the buffer as I had to slow down my pace of shooting to maintain space in the buffer.

Darren, what lens were you using?

*edit probably the Tamron 70-200 I guess? a bit hard to evaluate sharpness with the small pictures but looks very good for 12800 shots!

I have a sandisk extreme card but even with that the buffer takes time to clear. I believe it is being bottlenecked by the PRIME II processor.
    Last edited by CorneliusK; 8th March 2011 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK View Post
    Darren, what lens were you using?
    Tamron 70-200

Exposure settings: ISO12800, f/2.8, 1/180s

Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK View Post
    Some more shots from Comifest

Nicely framed, but gotta look out for the burnt highlights.

Add a flag or power down and add a beauty dish to the face.
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

Thanks Baracus, will take note, I realised that the margin of error is pretty small when working with strobes at very close range.

Been a while since i posted anything. I just could not resist the great offer by SLRR for the K-r @ $717 during the promo period back in Feb.

City of Reflections by flowerpot1976, on Flickr

7 frames stitch
    K-r with Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 @ 10mm
    iso:100 f/11 10sec manual exposure
    Last edited by flowerpot; 8th March 2011 at 10:47 PM.
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

CL, congrats on the new K-r. Nice pano stitch.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post

Been a while since i posted anything. I just could not resist the great offer by SLRR for the K-r @ $717 during the promo period back in Feb.

City of Reflections by flowerpot1976, on Flickr

7 frames stitch
    Beautiful pano, really inspiring!

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5255/...117531e9_b.jpg
    7 frames stitch
    Beauty. Was this taken the last time we head out to the city?

This shot is dedicated to JK ... for his dedication to photography using Pentax equipments.

Title - Kid, you want your life?

Kid, u want ur life? by beornheard.yang, on Flickr

IMGP1604
    Is there a way to get rid of the purple flaring?
    Last edited by gtl1987; 9th March 2011 at 03:22 PM.

I crashed into a bench the other day while riding my bicycle.

--

Oh. Man. Hope you're ok, seems like it.

You shot it with your Pentax?

zzz ants bite me when i am eating

Seems like this will be the last photo for this little kitty as someone saw somebody took this kitty away leaving the mama cat lying on floor everyday mood less
    Nikon D7000 ~ my louya Flickr >.<

Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2439444748495051 ... LastLast