Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6212629303132333641 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season I

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

Quote Originally Posted by gummy73 View Post
    I love the last one better..maybe it just me..and ya with a pair of chopstick will be nice
    Thanks bro. I also like #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    Between #1 and #2, I choose #2. But actually I think #3 is best. I like my food shots composed tightly, looks like the dish is right in front of me...
    Same too, for this 3 shots I personally like the last one, can see more oof lights.

Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK View Post
    Composing using the golden ratio spiral is usually extremely hard, but its a little easier with food when its served on nice round or oval dishes, the edge of the dish will act as one of the curves.

An example of what I am talking about
    Thanks bro for the comments & the link. Yeah agree, the shape of the plate/bowl can affect the composition. I dun like squarish plates.

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

All Shots taken with FA50mm indoor

1 - f2, 1/30, iso400

You do not need a tele zoom for birding

2 - f1.4, 1/90, iso100

Sleepy head

3 - f1.4, 1/180, iso800

My sis love my puppy and my puppy likes her

Afew more photo here
    Last edited by xxrenxx; 13th January 2011 at 08:19 PM.
    Nikon D7000 ~ my louya Flickr >.<

as promised earlier, some samples taken with the latest macro lens in my dry cabinet.

its not really the absolute best pictures i've ever taken. its just a quick night-shoot after work at the park connector near my place to test the handling of the lens.

i must say, the handling is beautiful. the focusing ring is smooth, the focus throw allows very fine control and the lens has a very nice working distance of 0.38m at 1:1 magnification.

ultimately, no matter what lens one uses, the same challenges remain: shallow DOF at high magnification, producing even and well diffused soft lighting.

the problem is compounded at night, when you can't really see your subject properly.

macro has been, and always will be more of a test of one's technique than the quality of one's equipment

all pix are just re-sized, not cropped.

#1 - 1:1 magnification

#2 - check out the bokeh

想握你的手
    Shoot More Learn More

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    as promised earlier, some samples taken with the latest macro lens in my dry cabinet.

its not really the absolute best pictures i've ever taken. its just a quick night-shoot after work at the park connector near my place to test the handling of the lens.

i must say, the handling is beautiful. the focusing ring is smooth, the focus throw allows very fine control and the lens has a very nice working distance of 0.38m at 1:1 magnification.

ultimately, no matter what lens one uses, the same challenges remain: shallow DOF at high magnification, producing even and well diffused soft lighting.

the problem is compounded at night, when you can't really see your subject properly.

macro has been, and always will be more of a test of one's technique than the quality of one's equipment

#2 - check out the bokeh
    Donald,

Voigtlander macro?

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Donald,

Voigtlander macro?

marcus
    indeed. you are absolutely right abt the bokeh.

still haven't mastered the handling to get max sharpness at 1:1 but its an awesome lens.

took this a week ago, mandai.

vivitar macro. tripod and single flash lights and diffusers.

AMS.

9jan 11 k5 viv 071-1 by luctomar, on Flickr

dual flash will be ideal imho....

marcus

AMS.

marcus
    very nice light very well diffused. hardly any shadows.

and i really dunno how u keep managing to find AMS. I've never managed to find them

very nice light very well diffused. hardly any shadows.

and i really dunno how u keep managing to find AMS. I've never managed to find them
    Mandai, orchid ville. Instead of turning left to zoo, MOG, about 200 m before the traffic light, coming from sembawang, make a right turn and along the longkang, there are bushes and often have JS or AMS. A lot of mozzies too and be prepared to donate some blood

marcus

#2 - check out the bokeh

now I'm really jelous. hahahaha
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

AMS.

9jan 11 k5 viv 071-1 by luctomar, on Flickr

marcus
    Nice AMS Marcus, the AMS I found are always active running here n there. I dunno how u can focus with a Vivitar
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    now I'm really jelous. hahahaha
    nothing to be jealous about sharpness wise, handling is important. having tried it at home on a tripod, i know that its definitely sharper than what i've been able to achieve here.

at this level of sharpness i'm getting, any macro lens will do the voigtlander is over-engineered for my current level of skills. the big differentiator is the bokeh... smoothest i've seen in any lens so far

Marcus has better examples of what this lens is capable of in terms of sharpness. like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by xxrenxx View Post
    All Shots taken with FA50mm indoor

1 - f2, 1/30, iso400

You do not need a tele zoom for birding

2 - f1.4, 1/90, iso100

Sleepy head

3 - f1.4, 1/180, iso800

My sis love my puppy and my puppy likes her

Afew more photo here
    lovely! am impressed with the sharpness you achieve. why can't i get that with my FA50

Quote Originally Posted by GSiGuy View Post
    lovely! am impressed with the sharpness you achieve. why can't i get that with my FA50
    Thanks! I had a hard time getting sharp photo too But i always hold my breath when pressing the shutter button to reduce shaking (i got shaky hand)

2nd test of the voigtländer 125mm... more used to the handling now...

one of my favourite macro test subject - water droplets =)

100% crop

chance upon a lynx spider too... enjoying the cool night air =)

conclusion: i like this lens very, very much
    Last edited by detritus; 14th January 2011 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxrenxx View Post
    Thanks! I had a hard time getting sharp photo too But i always hold my breath when pressing the shutter button to reduce shaking (i got shaky hand)
    i got shaking everything! will try hold my breath next time!

1 - f2, 1/45, iso800

2 - f2, 1/60, iso1600

3 - f2, 1/60, iso1600

Last edited by xxrenxx; 15th January 2011 at 05:02 PM.

Don I like this pic , so cute.

Mandai, orchid ville. Instead of turning left to zoo, MOG, about 200 m before the traffic light, coming from sembawang, make a right turn and along the longkang, there are bushes and often have JS or AMS. A lot of mozzies too and be prepared to donate some blood

marcus
    Marcus, your mean you still can go inside MOG?
    I thought it was already closed?

Wolf Spider taken at Admiralty Park

K-5, Voigtlander 125

The remaining series can be found here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=829524&page=2