Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5202528293031323540 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season I

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    I like the colors of the sky that morning. Appears to be Sat morning? No need yolk lar.
    Thanks bro. Yes, the pics was taken last Sat morning.
    Paiseh to say I dun have any sunrise pics with the yolk.

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

--

Quote Originally Posted by machiavellian View Post
    Whats with the Picture?
    Tech Discussions?
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Macro Using Natural Light. Since its an overcast sky, the sun wont be disturbing the light much. So I tried.

Not so easy really, need a Tripod actully. I had to turn to TaV mode for help.

IMGP2617 by Salleh, on Flickr

IMGP2627 by Salleh, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    Macro Using Natural Light. Since its an overcast sky, the sun wont be disturbing the light much. So I tried.

IMGP2617 by Salleh, on Flickr

IMGP2627 by Salleh, on Flickr
    Nice ones, almost no shadow. What time did you shoot this? It seems quite bright to get 1/180 at f8 and ISO200.

macro with natural light is not easy to achieve these are good!

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    macro with natural light is not easy to achieve these are good!
    Yeah bro, listen to what u said that day abt trying.

Actually, it wasnt in my intention of Macro. haha. I only bring Primes out for walk2 to heal my aching body due to flu!

Then see the sky very overcast with no sun in sight, and the insect kept popping out here n there. Lucky my samsung is with me.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    Nice ones, almost no shadow. What time did you shoot this? It seems quite bright to get 1/180 at f8 and ISO200.
    Ard Lunch time. Its an overcast sky but a bit bright. Its hard la, serious. I think I better stick to Flash.

Bro, it didnt work for me. the 2nd pic of people didnt let me get much detail of their faces. I think these kind of thing only work for Urban Abstract.
    Thanks for the opinion bro.

The 2nd pic works better when viewed at full res. Was thinking of constructing a story or collage. Pity I was more busy browsing rather than shooting.

Anyway, I tried 6:4 aspect instead and got a tighter composition. Trying to colour/pattern coordinate as best as I can. Less of telling a story but more of unconventional composition. (or abstract as some of you call it)

Intersection

Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post

The 2nd pic works better when viewed at full res. Was thinking of constructing a story or collage. Pity I was more busy browsing rather than shooting.

Anyway, I tried 6:4 aspect instead and got a tighter composition. Trying to colour/pattern coordinate as best as I can. Less of telling a story but more of unconventional composition. (or abstract as some of you call it)

Intersection

Ah this one works. Kinda like it. the lines continuation on both diff pic.

Intersection

Sorry, but #1 is still ok (the connecting pavement), but imho they are still not that 'strong' in elements that tie them together as well as having maybe contrasting/flowing elements in the 2 shots that I see on some diptych.

something like theses

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/...e85a63fa_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5089/...e59101af_b.jpg

[CENTER]
    Intersection
    This is quite interesting, diptych/triptych is really very demanding on composition.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Sorry, but #1 is still ok (the connecting pavement), but imho they are still not that 'strong' in elements that tie them together as well as having maybe contrasting/flowing elements in the 2 shots that I see on some diptych.

something like theses

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/...e85a63fa_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5089/...e59101af_b.jpg
    Thanks for the insight JK... and Salleh and Brian.

I understand that diptych and its variations has to tie together like a story or act as a comparative study. (as a rule) But I'm looking at more of a collage style. Imperfect alignment but with a "flow" to it. Kinda hard to explain in words...

so I'll show an example.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3143/2923450746_f277718d45.jpg

Then again, I didn't really set out to capture proper diptych photos back then. Just decided to post process them in a different manner to give 'em a bit more "pop". Maybe I'll make it a project for the next outing...
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

Taken with K-X usng 2 different lens, FA 28 & FA 50. Wonder which pic (between #1 & #2) you guys prefer?

#1 FA 28, 28mm, F2.8, 1/25s, iso 800

#2 FA 50, 50mm, F2.0, 1/50s, iso 800

#3 A cropped pic from #2

Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Taken with K-X usng 2 different lens, FA 28 & FA 50. Wonder which pic (between #1 & #2) you guys prefer?

#3 A cropped pic from #2

I read in a magazine for Food Photography there is two type of rule. The Common Rule of 3rd or the Spiral.

The First pic & 2nd represent the rule of 3rd

While the 50mm cropped Represent the spiral.

So both is ok for me.

I read in a magazine for Food Photography there is two type of rule. The Common Rule of 3rd or the Spiral.

The First pic & 2nd represent the rule of 3rd

While the 50mm cropped Represent the spiral.

So both is ok for me.
    Thanks bro for your comments.
    So which pic you prefer #1 or #2 for the depth of field?

Some time ago I posted some food pics (in another forum) at very low angle & was commented higher angle better, but I prefer shallow depth of field that's why choose low angle. Later I googled & found there's actually no fixed rule on which angle
    It depends on situation & the type of food, for eg a cup of ice cream it's nicer to take at level (zero degree).
    The pics will be better to include a pair of chopsticks.
    Last edited by kengoh; 11th January 2011 at 11:17 PM.

Some time ago I posted some food pics (in another forum) at very low angle & was commented higher angle better, but I prefer shallow depth of field that's why choose low angle. Later I googled & found there's actually no fixed rule on which angle
    It depends on situation & the type of food, for eg a cup of ice cream it's nicer to take at level (zero degree).

I love the last one better..maybe it just me..and ya with a pair of chopstick will be nice

#3 A cropped pic from #2
    Between #1 and #2, I choose #2. But actually I think #3 is best. I like my food shots composed tightly, looks like the dish is right in front of me...
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Composing using the golden ratio spiral is usually extremely hard, but its a little easier with food when its served on nice round or oval dishes, the edge of the dish will act as one of the curves.

An example of what I am talking about

The cropped ones is better. The other two background on the fish very distratcting especially the mouth. haha