Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202540 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season I

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    The Adobe CS first version, it has "Photomerge" function to create pano pic, but I need to manually adjust the arrangement.

It seems I won't be able to remove the diagonal band automatically with Adobe CS 1, need to use "Patch" and "Clone Stamp". Perhaps I need to buy the "student' version of Adobe Photoshop CS5
    the current version does everything for you automatically... or u can use ptgui... however if the nodal point is not taken care of... u will lose or have to crop the top and bottom, but its not that critical, i myself dun bother so much just shoot in portrait mode and i get more than enough top and bottom to crop away...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

Thanks guys...

Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Bro very nice job with good exposure.
    lovely panorama

The Adobe CS first version, it has "Photomerge" function to create pano pic, but I need to manually adjust the arrangement.

http://www.rickbakerimages.com/photo...noramics5.html

It seems I won't be able to remove the diagonal band automatically with Adobe CS 1, need to use "Patch" and "Clone Stamp". Perhaps I need to buy the "student' version of Adobe Photoshop CS5
    Oh, CS1, no wonder.... yah, definitely should try some newer software, even the free ones are quite ok. I've tried this one called Autostitch before, and it worked alright for me.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    the current version does everything for you automatically... or u can use ptgui... however if the nodal point is not taken care of... u will lose or have to crop the top and bottom, but its not that critical, i myself dun bother so much just shoot in portrait mode and i get more than enough top and bottom to crop away...
    Yes, nodal point, that's the word I was looking for! Not really critical unless the pano has a lot of depth, I also usually just end up cropping quite a bit. With panos we have more than enough pixels anyway...
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    Thanks guys...

Oh, CS1, no wonder.... yah, definitely should try some newer software, even the free ones are quite ok. I've tried this one called Autostitch before, and it worked alright for me.

Yes, nodal point, that's the word I was looking for! Not really critical unless the pano has a lot of depth, I also usually just end up cropping quite a bit. With panos we have more than enough pixels anyway...
    Thanks guys, I'll try ptgui and autostitch

Btw any recommended software to create HDR image other than Photoshop CS and Photomatix?

Here are some of the first few pics I took with my K5. This is also the 1st time I shoot RAW but the end results are not as good as I expected. I guess I still have alot to learn on shooting RAW, Pic 1 and 2 are taken in RAW and converted to JPEG via Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in in CS5. Pic 3 is taken in JPEG. All the pics are taken at Woodlands Town Garden between 7 to 7.30pm using the DA35/2.4.

1) Woodlands Town Garden Pavilion (ISO 2500 1/60s F2.4 -1EV)

2) Woodlands Town Garden Bridge (ISO 1600 1/60s F2.4 -1EV)

3) Twilight Lamp (ISO 125 1/60s F2.4 -1EV)
    Last edited by aaron80; 23rd November 2010 at 08:45 PM.
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

I find that k5 the AWB works great & it's quite accurate most of the time.
    Some food pics to share:

1/80s, F3.2, ISO 800, AWB

1/60s, F3.5, ISO 800, AWB

1/60s, F2.8, ISO 800, AWB, -0.70eV

More pics here
    Last edited by kengoh; 23rd November 2010 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    I prefer these two tones the best. Somehow brings out the character in the subject.

No 3. Tone can be use for like Final Fantasy Character and moody type of anime. While the no.4 can be use for FMA,ONE PIECE and such.

Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks!
    Nikon D7000 ~ my louya Flickr >.<

It has been some time since I used this lens, and the moon looked so round these few days.

Enna Munchen Tele-ennalyt 400/4.5

I just don't seem to be able to get better definition for the large craters on the Moon face. Is it a problem with lighting (ie. lack of more angular light due to : phase of Moon; time of year; latitude) or equipment (ie. lack of focal length; resolution)?
    Last edited by pinholecam; 24th November 2010 at 09:13 AM.

K7, DA70

Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    I find that k5 the AWB works great & it's quite accurate most of the time.
    Some food pics to share:

1/60s, F3.5, ISO 800, AWB

More pics here
    good styling. feeling hungry looking at these photos
    shoot to remember. flickr

Feel regret couldn't join Nov outing, so here I submit my homework

Last edited by oceanpriest; 25th November 2010 at 08:25 PM.

Tried to create pano again using Autostitch as recommended. Thanks Gengh, flowerpot!

12 frames

Tried to create pano again using Autostitch as recommended. Thanks Gengh, flowerpot!

12 frames
    Wah copy me, I'm so flattered! Need longer exposure though, overall too dim. Or bring out the shadows in PP. Anyway, glad you're happy with the stitch!
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    Here are some of the first few pics I took with my K5. This is also the 1st time I shoot RAW but the end results are not as good as I expected. I guess I still have alot to learn on shooting RAW, Pic 1 and 2 are taken in RAW and converted to JPEG via Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in in CS5. Pic 3 is taken in JPEG. All the pics are taken at Woodlands Town Garden between 7 to 7.30pm using the DA35/2.4.

1) Woodlands Town Garden Pavilion (ISO 2500 1/60s F2.4 -1EV)

2) Woodlands Town Garden Bridge (ISO 1600 1/60s F2.4 -1EV)

3) Twilight Lamp (ISO 125 1/60s F2.4 -1EV)

Oh, u stay in woodlands? same area.
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Just a bridal shot, one of many taken during the session.
    K-5 with DA 50-200mm WR

Dusk at Janda Baik, my holiday stop in Malaysia.
    K-5 DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro Limited

I stay woodlands too ... seem like quite a lot of woodlander pentaxian
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Ya man, i've been a Woodlander for 30 years liao.. i think quite a few Pentaxians stay Woodlands or in the North areas. Especially recently i saw quite a few people carrying their KR and KX around Woodlands and Yishun.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    I stay woodlands too ... seem like quite a lot of woodlander pentaxian
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

not just woodlands the whole northern area...

Tried different manual setting for macro this morning. Usually I use > f18 and almost full power flash (with my badly designed diffuser), this results in black background. This morning I used f4-5.6 to let more ambient light and use small flash power for fill in only, and adjust my distance further from the object.

usual shot, f22 1/180 ISO400

this morning shot, f4.5 1/50 ISO100

I feel the latter looks better.

the rest of the shots are here

Saw a preowned MIJ FA50mm/1.4 in camera shop in Japan. Decided to get it.
    Test shot with K7 @1.4 & ISO 400
    Sorry, have to remove the pics as requested.

Later went for snack and took this with DA*50-135mm/2.8 @ISO 400
    Last edited by pentriot; 28th November 2010 at 09:05 PM.
    Pentax for Life