Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season I

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    using AV instead. So indoor better to use Tv/Sv?
    Actually can use AV, spot or center weighted metering. but needed to ev compensate to +1/3 to 1 ev depending on the situation. mine is constantly set to +1/6
    the camera is fooled that the white car body to be midtone that's why it is under exposed due to miscalculation.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

using AV instead. So indoor better to use Tv/Sv?
    If the cars are all lit by roughly the same amount of lights, I'd use M. You might be able to get away with using the same exposure for every shot.

If you use Av and multi-segment metering, you'll have to set the EV for different cars. The reflective surfaces will probably fool the metering system, so by default probably need already +.7 or +1 EV. White cars will need even more, maybe up to +2 EV. Or with spot metering (both M and Av), you can meter off something that should have the same brightness in every pic, like a spot on the ground.
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    If the cars are all lit by roughly the same amount of lights, I'd use M. You might be able to get away with using the same exposure for every shot.

If you use Av and multi-segment metering, you'll have to set the EV for different cars. The reflective surfaces will probably fool the metering system, so by default probably need already +.7 or +1 EV. White cars will need even more, maybe up to +2 EV. Or with spot metering (both M and Av), you can meter off something that should have the same brightness in every pic, like a spot on the ground.
    Must go back to using M mode to re-learn a lot of things.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

took this with max mag vivitar 105 with 31m tubes. monopod, flashes used M mode, pierce reservoir.

19nov 10 027 by luctomar, on Flickr

marcus
    Last edited by otc; 14th November 2010 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    Few beginner attempts at taking sunset.

16mm, ISO100, f22, 30s, ND16

28mm, ISO100, f11, 1/3s, ND16

28mm, ISO100, f11, 1/3s, ND16, HDR, auto WB

28mm, ISO100, f11, 1/3s, ND16, HDR, fluorescence WB

28mm, ISO100, f11, 25s
    ND16? never heard of it. New item?
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    ND16? never heard of it. New item?
    It's Tianya ND16. I read on the other thread, they said it's new item. I bought from OP.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=752286

24mm F3.5 1/500 ISO 1600

24mm F3.5 1/160 ISO 400

19mm F3.2 1/40 ISO 800
    i was there last nite. its quite a challenge with no tripod and the spotlights to capture the pictures.

Re the 1st 2 pics - yours is not the only pic i saw of the cars with that magenta haze to is. i could not capture that colour in my pictures.

Re the 3rd pic - the hardcore M3 has a fairly unique paint colour. it looks neither orange nor red. setting the right WB to not only accurately depict it and but also to make the colour look attractice was, to me, a challenge.

It was a good learning experience though and i hope to hear more from the experts in here

I did a photoshoot with some cosplayers before the recent AFA

Taken with the simply awesome DA* 50-135

Thanks again for Baracus for arranging for the shoot as well as the strobing masterclass!

Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK View Post

Thanks again for Baracus for arranging for the shoot as well as the strobing masterclass!
    Fort Canning? I love this shot..awesome!
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

[QUOTE=CorneliusK;6694132]I did a photoshoot with some cosplayers before the recent AFA

QUOTE]

remind of the character from kill bill

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    Few beginner attempts at taking sunset.

16mm, ISO100, f22, 30s, ND16

28mm, ISO100, f11, 1/3s, ND16, HDR, auto WB

28mm, ISO100, f11, 1/3s, ND16, HDR, fluorescence WB

28mm, ISO100, f11, 25s
    Nice series of shots. Are you going to take over night86mare position in landscapes expert

marcus

17nov 10 a200 048-1 by luctomar, on Flickr

In mandai today and this jumper was posing for me.. Just fortunate sometimes with a model to shoot with. Two flashes lights and A200 macro monopod M mode.

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post

17nov 10 a200 048-1 by luctomar, on Flickr

In mandai today and this jumper was posing for me.. Just fortunate sometimes with a model to shoot with. Two flashes lights and A200 macro monopod M mode.

marcus
    Nice! Sharp, nice oof area, slightly arty composition

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    Nice! Sharp, nice oof area, slightly arty composition

Tks Donald. still some shadows there right. char kway teow diffusers not doing its job cos rubberband holding it gave way and hence it tilted forward.

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Tks Donald. still some shadows there right. char kway teow diffusers not doing its job cos rubberband holding it gave way and hence it tilted forward.

marcus
    a little bit of shadow is fine imo... gives it perspective... if u want no shadow, can use ring flash for nice, flat lighting

Hey guys, thanks to Pentax, 2 of my Macro shots are selected for an exhibition at Scape soon. The power of DFA 100mm Macro WR.

Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK View Post

Very nice, how come never call me go.

That moth looks like its saying hi! The harsh lighting and shadow contributes to the artistic effect

Shot at Admiralty Park this morning with K-7 & Sigma 180mm Macro.

Flash with diffuser. Shadows are visible for #1 & #2 and I think light too harsh.

#4: Without flash

Need more practise...
    Pentax for Life

Quote Originally Posted by tabako View Post
    Hey guys, thanks to Pentax, 2 of my Macro shots are selected for an exhibition at Scape soon. The power of DFA 100mm Macro WR.

Congrates, Tabako.

marcus

Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast