Thread: Appeal for Blood Donation

Default Appeal for Blood Donation

Hi ,

Just helping my friend to spread this appeal,
    Her daughter is in need blood transfusion,
    but whole Singapore now no single donor platelets for A+ blood group

For those whom are willing and able to help, kindly go to HSA blood bank at Outram

Thanks in advance

Mods, I have this is OK for me to post here ...

Default Re: Appeal for Blood Donation

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
    Hi ,

For those whom are willing and able to help, kindly go to HSA blood bank at Outram

Thanks in advance

Will help to spread the news... but my whole family only 1 leh.

ok i go ask ask...
    cameras are not made of tofu

The young girl is in need of blood transfusion due to low blood cell count
    and she needs to undergo ATG treatment , which also requires blood transfusion

The blood bank cannot reserve the blood for her, but hopefully, the supply will be up soon with more kind souls helping

ATG Treatment

Blood donation for A+ Platelet
    Information on blood donation

More information on where you can donate
    HSA Blood donation information

Thank you once again

Sorry, I'm a A+ but just donated blood 1 week ago ...

Calling all A+ CSers, do come forward to help.

In fact, be a regular blood donor ... it's a good cause!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post

can eat pig blood jelly / pig liver than go donate again? heard that one help replanish blood.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

O+ can donate?????
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

In order to help her, do we just go and donate or do we need to specific that we're donating to help her?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Sorry but would need more details. Example patient name. ward number etc... if not . the staff at the donation centre will just be blur and tell u dont know who the patient is and ask us to go back. or worse donate and the blood goes to the blood bank.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    In order to help her, do we just go and donate or do we need to specific that we're donating to help her?
    Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Sorry but would need more details. Example patient name. ward number etc... if not . the staff at the donation centre will just be blur and tell u dont know who the patient is and ask us to go back. or worse donate and the blood goes to the blood bank.

Hi all,
    As far as I know, HSA may not allow us to reserve the donor's blood
    ( e.g people paying for blood donation etc )
    The patient's name is Amelie Neo Jing Rui
    She is now outpatient , but she goes back to hospital for transfusion and ATG treatment ...

So the best is that there are enough supply of A+ blood group platelets
    According to her treatment , the best is when the transfusion is from one single donor , instead of multiple donor ie. not enough blood supply
    So it helps if there are more donors.

Thanks again for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post

Thanks

Hi ,

Thanks in advance

I am willing to help. I am a+. If I go to HSA blood bank in outram, do i need the details of the your friends daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    can eat pig blood jelly / pig liver than go donate again? heard that one help replanish blood.
    u can eat whatever but the system wont allow you to donate again within a specific time. tried before and rejected cos i was 1 day earlier then the allowed time even when my blood count is more then enough.

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    O+ can donate?????
    o+ pls donate. was in the news that o+ blood reserve not enough. pls go ahead.

Hi all,
    As far as I know, HSA may not allow us to reserve the donor's blood
    ( e.g people paying for blood donation etc )
    The patient's name is Amelie Neo Jing Rui
    She is now outpatient , but she goes back to hospital for transfusion and ATG treatment ...

So the best is that there are enough supply of A+ blood group platelets
    According to her treatment , the best is when the transfusion is from one single donor , instead of multiple donor ie. not enough blood supply
    So it helps if there are more donors.

Thanks again for the help
    sweeper, while you were saying this, i think u may not hv answered the queries of the ppl here. so do they or do they not quote the name or can they? if they cant, does donating helps the gal here. Im sure it will help others but since u are appealing for help to the girl, yer know? and also u mention single donor, how could that be done possibly unless she only needs the blood once in a couple of months ya. do advise on that so the gal may better receive help.

i have been donating since 2006 and 'upgraded' to donate blood platelets now. for me, its a painful process (personal feel on platelets donation) but was told it will help the patients better so i carried on.

borrowing on the topic here, I do urge all to donate yr 'free' blood or platelets whenever you can if u can. im sure someone out there will be happy to receive them.

Quote Originally Posted by longshu View Post
    sweeper, while you were saying this, i think u may not hv answered the queries of the ppl here. so do they or do they not quote the name or can they? if they cant, does donating helps the gal here. Im sure it will help others but since u are appealing for help to the girl, yer know? and also u mention single donor, how could that be done possibly unless she only needs the blood once in a couple of months ya. do advise on that so the gal may better receive help.

i have been donating since 2006 and 'upgraded' to donate blood platelets now. for me, its a painful process (personal feel on platelets donation) but was told it will help the patients better so i carried on.

borrowing on the topic here, I do urge all to donate yr 'free' blood or platelets whenever you can if u can. im sure someone out there will be happy to receive them.
    Hi longshu,
    I don't think we can ask the blood bank to reserve for a particular person ?
    I am not sure , as for health reason, I cannot donate ... do advise if I am wrong

It helps as when the girl goes for transfusion , her treatment records shows that when the transfusion is from one person, the effects are better. So if the supply in the bank is higher, she and other similar patients would have a better chance of getting blood from a single donor.

As for how often she would need a transfusion, it depends on her condition ...

Just a note to all here, I just call HSA and was told that if you're on any form of medication, you can't donate blood. I'm on flu meds, sorry.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

i'm not sure how possible to have blood from only one donor? I believe each time the donor can only donate that much, and after which, there is a period the donor cannot donate anymore.

unless there is any major crisis, i dun think the blood bank is usually low on supply unless is a very special blood group.

i believe last time, there is no policy where a donor can specify who to donate to. Now i believe they do note it down, but whether it will end up to the specific person, I'm not very sure.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Just a note to all here, I just call HSA and was told that if you're on any form of medication, you can't donate blood. I'm on flu meds, sorry.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTron88 View Post
    i'm not sure how possible to have blood from only one donor? I believe each time the donor can only donate that much, and after which, there is a period the donor cannot donate anymore.

unless there is any major crisis, i dun think the blood bank is usually low on supply unless is a very special blood group.

i believe last time, there is no policy where a donor can specify who to donate to. Now i believe they do note it down, but whether it will end up to the specific person, I'm not very sure.
    One donor as in one per transfusion, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTron88 View Post

Actually thats wrong. Because a lot of people think that the blood bank always has sufficient supply of blood, the fact is that our blood stocks are not very healthy.

All blood donated will go to a common pool. The blood bank does not practice directed donation. Blood will go to patients who need it. In event of shortage, elective procedures will be postponed and blood will go to the non elective cases.
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.