Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walking smokers

Default Walking smokers

I feel that smokers should not be allowed to smoke while walking, even in open air areas. It is really terrible as others cannot avoid the smoke, especially when walking in the same direction. Other people are forced to overtake the smoker or are forced to inhale the 2nd hand smoke trailing behind the smoker. Either way, this is an inconvenience to others.

So smokers, please refrain from smoking while walking and just stick to the designated areas.

Default Re: Walking smokers

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    I feel that smokers should not be allowed to smoke while walking, even in open air areas. It is really terrible as others cannot avoid the smoke, especially when walking in the same direction. Other people are forced to overtake the smoker or are forced to inhale the 2nd hand smoke trailing behind the smoker. Either way, this is an inconvenience to others.

So smokers, please refrain from smoking while walking and just stick to the designated areas.
    i feel the same.. but smokers will be very angry with us for saying so... they will also defend their rights...

i encountered smoke outside while walking, but worst, my neighbour smoke everyday.. and i have to rush to close the windows whenever he start performing smoke dance.

i salute Tokyo and Bhutan for their tight control..

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    i feel the same.. but smokers will be very angry with us for saying so... they will also defend their rights...

i encountered smoke outside while walking, but worst, my neighbour smoke everyday.. and i have to rush to close the windows whenever he start performing smoke dance.

i salute Tokyo and Bhutan for their tight control..
    Yup, I think NEA has to add one more to the list. Anyone caught smoking while walking is to be fined $5000.

Yup, I think NEA has to add one more to the list. Anyone caught smoking while walking is to be fined $5000.
    i was told that gahmen want to gain from the tax.. so they are relunctant to really ban it..

smoking is really bad... nothing good comes out of it...

I think we can build smoke houses, let the smokers go in and inhale as much as they want. first hand and 2nd hand. that way, non-smokers can be safe from those bad smoke. Don't need to fully ban it.

I think we can build smoke houses, let the smokers go in and inhale as much as they want. first hand and 2nd hand. that way, non-smokers can be safe from those bad smoke. Don't need to fully ban it.
    i fully agreed.

if i am not wrong, tokyo is doing this.

it is better for the population too.. there will be one cause lesser for disease

Transport on the roads also kicking up lots of dust, and some giving out smoke too. They should ban them all too. Hehehehe
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Transport on the roads also kicking up lots of dust, and some giving out smoke too. They should ban them all too. Hehehehe

You mean Tokyo really have smoke houses?

smoking will never be totally banned in sg... and all those restriction imposed by the government is just for show only in my opinion. Nvr seen anyone fine before for smoking outside the non smoking zone?

cos the government is still earning from these cigarette tax afterall.

Yup, I think a ban will not be possible. Just add another restriction. No walking while smoking and only smoke in designated areas lo.

You mean Tokyo really have smoke houses?
    yes. i saw it in the 9pm or 10pm news (chinese).. that was several years ago when they implement it... i was shocked by it! but i think japanese people are really unique... so it works i guess...

i am not sure if it still holds...

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    smoking will never be totally banned in sg... and all those restriction imposed by the government is just for show only in my opinion. Nvr seen anyone fine before for smoking outside the non smoking zone?

cos the government is still earning from these cigarette tax afterall.
    bingo!

yes. i saw it in the 9pm or 10pm news (chinese).. that was several years ago when they implement it... i was shocked by it! but i think japanese people are really unique... so it works i guess...

i am not sure if it still holds...
    I wonder if we would ever have our own gas house.

I wonder if we would ever have our own gas house.
    that's my dream too...

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    lol.. the smoke from vehicle contains higher CO2 and other chemistry that is more dangerous than smoke from walking smoker..

ps. I am smoker, but I dislike ppl smoke walking infront of me.. normally I dont smoke while walking because it's not NICE! and not polite

Quote Originally Posted by voxies09 View Post

ps. I am smoker, but I dislike ppl smoke walking infront of me.. normally I dont smoke while walking because it's not NICE! and not polite
    i also a smoker, while walking and got people passing by, i will put down my ciggy and will not puff. when no people liao, then i continue puffing.
    Objection !!!

i fully agreed.

if i am not wrong, tokyo is doing this.
    They still are. Taken somewhere along Akihabara in '09.

It was much more smokier, but it got lost in PP...
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

The worst are those who do not put out the ciggy after smoking and let it continue to pollute the environment on the dustbins..

This subject is tricky... due to the "human rights" issue..
    Ppl should have the freedom to do what they want with their lives. If non-smokers push it.... saying that they cannot smoke, then its just opening the path to other things..

No crying babies on public transports (noise)
    No cars on the roads (pollution)
    No airplanes within hearing distance (noise)
    No talking loudly in commmon areas
    No farting ...

etc etc etc...

Give and take... i feel. U deserve ur clean air, they deserve their right to... destroy their own lungs.... its a free world.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast