Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overexposure

Default Re: Overexposure

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    If you shooting white or black... just adjust exposure compensation till you see the exposure you like...

Usually for predominantly white scenes, you need to increase EV. For predominantly dark color scenes, you will need to decrease EV.
    thanks for the feedback on this. simple sweet and can remember.

oh yes, another thing to find out. to have a deep DOF, i should actually set my aperture with higher number right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rebelriot View Post
    thanks for the feedback on this. simple sweet and can remember.

oh yes, another thing to find out. to have a deep DOF, i should actually set my aperture with higher number right?
    The bigger the F number, the smaller the aperture... This is because the F number is actually an inverse.

When people say F1.8 it actually means F 1/1.8. When people say F22, they actually mean F 1/22.

F22 have a smaller aperture than F1.8.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    The bigger the F number, the smaller the aperture... This is because the F number is actually an inverse.

When people say F1.8 it actually means F 1/1.8. When people say F22, they actually mean F 1/22.

F22 have a smaller aperture than F1.8.

yeah so i should set to a bigger F number to get a deep DOF ya?

Read: http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...h-of-field.htm
    And do spend some time with the other tutorials as well. Faster than posting questions here and wait for answers. Nothing beats learning on your own.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    see the cam lcd, you like , you keep

go home, look on calibrated monitor, no like, no keep

end up keep nothing, because lcd screen is NOT an accurate representation of exposure (or colour). maybe only useful for sharpness.
    O/P in cam LCD, monitor, or even hard copy , all also can have different look
    to me cam LCD is 1st wall of "defence" ...
    Anyway most important is U like the final product is enough, unless u are shooting for $$$
    than most crucial thing is ur customer must be happy with it

Ya, but that's not all..
    The shorter the lens focal length, the deeper the depth of field (assuming the other factors remaining the same). A 28mm lens vs a 50mm lens at the same aperture and shooting distance, depth of field is deeper with the 28mm lens..Also the greater the shooting distance, the deeper the depth of field (again assuming other factors remaining the same)

Quote Originally Posted by vaxvms View Post
    O/P in cam LCD, monitor, or even hard copy , all also can have different look
    to me cam LCD is 1st wall of "defence" ...
    Anyway most important is U like the final product is enough, unless u are shooting for $$$
    than most crucial thing is ur customer must be happy with it
    yes, but a good calibrated monitor's result is replicatable.

your cam lcd, definitely not...

my cam lcd doesn't give an accurate picture. this is because of lcd limitations, not because of anything else. acknowledging this is the first step to making sure you don't get overexposed or underexposed photos, i.e. not what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbot Man View Post
    Ya, but that's not all..
    The shorter the lens focal length, the deeper the depth of field (assuming the other factors remaining the same). A 28mm lens vs a 50mm lens at the same aperture and shooting distance, depth of field is deeper with the 28mm lens..Also the greater the shooting distance, the deeper the depth of field (again assuming other factors remaining the same)
    good tips . thanks pal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12