Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Bacarat - can win $$$?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Some people tell me that bacarat is the only game that can win $ at the casino. Is there any truth in it and what is the logic behind this assumption?

    Have you tried your hand at bacarat and how much is your single biggest win/loss?

    I saw a young girl in her 20s going round 4 tables placing $200 bets each time. She did this for close to 5 hours. Assuming each table show hand every min. She would have placed bets worth $240k during those 5 hours. Amazing.
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 21st September 2010 at 09:41 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    near e4
    Posts
    375

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Some people tell me that bacarat is the only game that can win $ at the casino. Is there any truth in it and what is the logic behind this assumption?

    Have you tried your hand at bacarat and how much is your single biggest win/loss?

    I saw a young girl in her 20s going round 4 tables placing $200 bets each time. She did this for close to 5 hours. Assuming each table show hand every min. She would have placed bets worth $240k during those 5 hours. Amazing.
    i think it is the one with the best odds. there is no sure win.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Some people tell me that bacarat is the only game that can win $ at the casino. Is there any truth in it and what is the logic behind this assumption?

    Have you tried your hand at bacarat and how much is your single biggest win/loss?

    I saw a young girl in her 20s going round 4 tables placing $200 bets each time. She did this for close to 5 hours. Assuming each table show hand every min. She would have placed bets worth $240k during those 5 hours. Amazing.
    Blackjack is the only mathematically beatable game in the casino, assuming your mind works fast enough. Everything else is by chance, i guess its just that the odds doesn't favour the dealer as much as the other games.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Some people tell me that bacarat is the only game that can win $ at the casino. Is there any truth in it and what is the logic behind this assumption?

    Have you tried your hand at bacarat and how much is your single biggest win/loss?

    I saw a young girl in her 20s going round 4 tables placing $200 bets each time. She did this for close to 5 hours. Assuming each table show hand every min. She would have placed bets worth $240k during those 5 hours. Amazing.
    Did you read today's Today paper?
    A man jumped to his death after loosing HK5 mil.
    He was seen playing bacarat the night before he jumped.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Some people tell me that bacarat is the only game that can win $ at the casino. Is there any truth in it and what is the logic behind this assumption?

    Have you tried your hand at bacarat and how much is your single biggest win/loss?

    I saw a young girl in her 20s going round 4 tables placing $200 bets each time. She did this for close to 5 hours. Assuming each table show hand every min. She would have placed bets worth $240k during those 5 hours. Amazing.
    wa u wanna try this to finance your lens purchase ah? haha.. 4d is safer i think..

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    Did you read today's Today paper?
    A man jumped to his death after loosing HK5 mil.
    He was seen playing bacarat the night before he jumped.
    Bacarat seems one of those double or nothing games. The odds is 50/50. Then why do so many people lose until lao sai. Is there something about bacarat that we don't know about.

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    wa u wanna try this to finance your lens purchase ah? haha.. 4d is safer i think..
    No..I lost a 5DMkII. Stopped before I lose a 1DsMkIV. Gambling is very addictively, especially for those people who cannot lose, dunno how to lose, cannot afford to lose. It doesn't help with the ATM just outside the gambling dens. Whatever limit you set for yourself is gone when you start to lose your head.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Bacarat seems one of those double or nothing games. The odds is 50/50. Then why do so many people lose until lao sai. Is there something about bacarat that we don't know about.



    No..I lost a 5DMkII. Stopped before I lose a 1DsMkIV. Gambling is very addictively, especially for those people who cannot lose, dunno how to lose, cannot afford to lose. It doesn't help with the ATM just outside the gambling dens. Whatever limit you set for yourself is gone when you start to lose your head.
    then u better don't go there anymore.. else u will lose even all the gear... not worth it!

    go shoot more.. it is more healthy

  8. #8

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Buy casino shares. If you lose on table, shares go up. You win on table, shares go down. LOL. Either way, got cushion.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    The odds always favors the house.. it is a matter of by how much only.. it is never 50/50.. no game at the casino will be 50/50, because it doesn't make business sense to operate such a game.

    In the best case scenario, where the player makes the "best" decision, the odds will favor the house a little. If the player makes the less optimum decision, it only favors the house even more.

    Of course, this is based on purely probability.

    If the player can like remember the cards, then it will not be pure probability case.. and there is chances of winning.
    Last edited by Limsgp; 22nd September 2010 at 05:29 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    The odds always favors the house.. it is a matter of by how much only.. it is never 50/50.. no game at the casino will be 50/50, because it doesn't make business sense to operate such a game.

    In the best case scenario, where the player makes the "best" decision, the odds will favor the house a little. If the player makes the less optimum decision, it only favors the house even more.

    Of course, this is based on purely probability.

    If the player can like remember the cards, then it will not be pure probability case.. and there is chances of winning.
    Are you familiar with bacarat? You are either betting on bank or player. There are only 2 outcomes. How can it not be 50/50?

  11. #11
    Member whizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bkt Timah
    Posts
    195

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Are you familiar with bacarat? You are either betting on bank or player. There are only 2 outcomes. How can it not be 50/50?
    There is the "tax" bit where a certain outcome will result in the house paying less than 1-1 payout. If I don't recall wrongly, at Sands, if you bet on banker and banker wins on 6 or something like that, you will get half the payout only.

    In Resorts World, if you bet on banker and win, the payout is 0.95 to 1.

    In that sense, the house has a slight advantage as there's always an outcome where they pay you less than 1-1.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    there is no game in the casino where you have an advantage unless you count cards

    and even then, it is not easy, not everyone can do it.

    and if the casino notices you, they throw you out and blacklist you. it happens in the us.

    so, forget about it, there are better ways to get money. no casino will run a game where you can beat the house constantly with shallow know-how.

  13. #13
    Member lon3fly3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Little Red Dot
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Bacarat has 1 of the lowest house advantage in any given casino thus, 'higher' odds of winning $ while playing bacarat.
    That said, its still a 'luck' game. Go play poker. Player vs player but than, any winnings you would still have to pay a certain % to the casino =(
    Casino always wins

    http://wizardofodds.com/baccarat
    A expert on casino maths.. In that page, he said 'The smart player will bet on the banker every time and leave the scorecards alone' This the reason why payout for banker win is not 1 to 1. The probability counted for banker win is always SLIGHTLY higher than player
    Last edited by lon3fly3r; 22nd September 2010 at 10:17 PM.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    beside jurong point
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Quote Originally Posted by lon3fly3r View Post
    Bacarat has 1 of the lowest house advantage in any given casino thus, 'higher' odds of winning $ while playing bacarat.
    That said, its still a 'luck' game. Go play poker. Player vs player but than, any winnings you would still have to pay a certain % to the casino =(
    Casino always wins

    http://wizardofodds.com/baccarat
    A expert on casino maths.. In that page, he said 'The smart player will bet on the banker every time and leave the scorecards alone' This the reason why payout for banker win is not 1 to 1. The probability counted for banker win is always SLIGHTLY higher than player
    Yes casino always wins. Its in the news that they earn 16 million a day(or isit 1.6 mil)

  15. #15

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Baccarat...no brainer game. Banker or player. Strictly luck. Can't remember if rws uses the auto shuffler where after each hand, the card is deposited into the shuffling machine and recycled for the next game. If thats the way they do it, almost impossible to count cards.

    Best payout would still be roulette. 1:35 if you buy the number straight up. Cover by sector would be the safest best. The dealers are smart...purposely spin on the opposite side of the wheel..haa.

    Best not to go lah. enter already $100..can get a decent filter. lose $50 more..can get a 50mm f1.8.
    Last edited by azurebluee; 22nd September 2010 at 10:32 PM.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Are you familiar with bacarat? You are either betting on bank or player. There are only 2 outcomes. How can it not be 50/50?
    I'm referring to advantage in terms of "winning" after factoring payouts etc.. not just the "outcome".

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Anyway, I am not a hardcore gambler and probably won't be trying my luck again. I am just wondering about this bacarat game.

    Think it is ok to go but don't bring credit/ATM cards. Just bring cash and if done, no avenue to withdraw cash. I think someone should bring up to Casino Regulatory Authority to not place ATM within 2 km vicinity of Casinos. They now have it right outside the entrances. Foreigners don't come and withdraw cash, only locals isn't it?
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 23rd September 2010 at 02:14 PM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Quote Originally Posted by azurebluee View Post
    Best payout would still be roulette. 1:35 if you buy the number straight up. Cover by sector would be the safest best. The dealers are smart...purposely spin on the opposite side of the wheel..haa.
    Is it better to play the computerize version or those with human dealer since you say that dealer may influence the play accordingly?

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    there is no game in the casino where you have an advantage unless you count cards
    Quote Originally Posted by azurebluee View Post
    Baccarat...no brainer game. Banker or player. Strictly luck. Can't remember if rws uses the auto shuffler where after each hand, the card is deposited into the shuffling machine and recycled for the next game. If thats the way they do it, almost impossible to count cards.
    I think even if you can, it is not possible to count. It is not as if they open 3 new decks of cards in front of you everytime the cards run out.

  20. #20
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Bacarat - can win $$$?

    Some info on Bacarat >> HERE


    Quoted from a betting forum..
    Here is my winnigs method in Bacarrat game
    1)Prepare 6 hard paper card that can keep in your pocket
    2)Write down 1st card P-P-P
    2nd card B-B-B
    3rd card P-B-P
    4th card B-P-B
    5th card P-P-B
    6th card B-B-P
    3)Shuffle the card then take one card out place your bet!
    4)Roll your bet ; first hand $10..presume WIN
    second hand bet $20..presume WIN again
    third hand bet $40..presume WIN again
    your profit = +$70
    5)Start over again..first hand $10
    6)Set yourself a target how much u want to make then leave..Remember you cant win
    the house in the long run.Just follow and believe the card that you draw for
    three hands then start shuffle and play new hands..

    Good luck + All the best!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •