Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 162124252627283136 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part II

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part II

D90 dinner and poison session

Date: Wednesday, 13 October 2010
    Time:1830 onwards
    Venue: to be confirmed. (top suggestion: T.Payoh North zi cha)
    Itinerary: TCSS, poisoning, and some semblance of food photography if possible

1) Jeezuinn
    2) Skylover (Di866 + some ugly manmade reflector and diffuser)
    3) Kriegsketten
    4) Ongoinglearner
    5) ZCA (SB600)
    6) quizesilver (want to be poison at) haha

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    haha now ict u can surf internet le ah?
    hopefully u nv bring and camera fone else very ma fan if kenna caught...
    no la.. learn to be naruto.. * ninja skill* anything also can ninja away..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    no la.. learn to be naruto.. * ninja skill* anything also can ninja away..
    I'm using my crappy old Nokia 3--- (gosh I dunno the model number)

Are there still phones w/o cameras nowadays? Gosh... SAF should mass-order this and issue FOC to everyone during in-processing
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post

Are there still phones w/o cameras nowadays? Gosh... SAF should mass-order this and issue FOC to everyone during in-processing
    at least T loan during this period

actually there is.. 711 has quite a few for sales w/o contract..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

actually there is.. 711 has quite a few for sales w/o contract..
    I'm not going to waste my money buying a non-camera phone just to satisfy them... If they insist, they should provide mah... sounds reasonable. They insist I wear uniform and boots, so they provide mah...

I'm not going to waste my money buying a non-camera phone just to satisfy them... If they insist, they should provide mah... sounds reasonable. They insist I wear uniform and boots, so they provide mah...
    lolx.. yap.. they should in actual fact.. i believe even if you don't have the uniform. they die die will haunt one for u in the end..

lolx.. yap.. they should in actual fact.. i believe even if you don't have the uniform. they die die will haunt one for u in the end..
    anyway luckily my old crappy phone still works. I thought the battery die already. Panicked for a moment last night.

Quote Originally Posted by notsoclever View Post
    Wat a weekend and a few pages more and more BBB.

Jeezuinn nice knowing u. Into filters now? Ytr went to CP @ Penisular but they are close!!?? Why close on Sunday?? hmm...

In my list now, 50 f/1.4D or 50 f/1.8D, filters, a 'better' tripod. Mine only small purchase.
    GG HK in Dec, do u think should i get them there?? I'm in no hurry too.

Any recommendation of tripod?? Any quicky agn?? Budget less den $0-200?? Thanks!!!
    Yea i am starting my research on filters as i would go into them in the future
    It was nice knowing you too. Hope to see you at the next outing as well. For tripods under 200, you can consider Sirui T-1004. It costs 190 bucks coupled with the G10 ballhead IIRC
    Last edited by jeezuinn; 27th September 2010 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    It was nice knowing you too. Hope to see you at the next outing as well.
    Take your time and consider/think hard... don't rush to get everything in one go. Filter system is one item you can take your time slowly. The initial holder/ring+1filter is always going to be... But once you're over that, you can breathe easy...

If you wanna go hardcore on landscape, put the holder system on top on your consideration... STRICTLY because the GNDs will be better put to use.... Secondly, chances of vignetting on holders are lesser (provided you go for the right sizes).

If you won't get GNDs (I wonder how not too have??...), then you can look into rim filters.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 27th September 2010 at 12:43 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

lolx.. come come.. please do tt... convince me about the pros and cons.. =/

no sunset then we shoot food lor..
    Good idea! Food photography is sth new for me haha

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Take your time and consider/think hard... don't rush to get everything in one go. Filter system is one item you can take your time slowly. The initial holder/ring+1filter is always going to be... But once you're over that, you can breathe easy...
    Yea doing it slowly. From what i read from forumers it seems that the Lee filter holder set seems to be more practical and user friendly. Well it comes with a price though.

Yea doing it slowly. From what i read from forumers it seems that the Lee filter holder set seems to be more practical and user friendly. Well it comes with a price though.
    Visit TK and ask to view the Hitech holders - have a feel of it. And then on the next molestation meeting, I'll bring the Lee. Both Hitech and Lee are approximately priced - Lee with 3 holders (Foundation), while Hitech has two.

Lee Holder uses a brass springed knob to lock onto the adaptor ring, which saves much time.

Lee's material is a form of plastic - donno how to describe it, probably tough fibre glass? Which means it is light weight... Hitech holder is aluminium (blackened), but the finishing isn't as fine.

One other option is Cokin's Z Pro holder - catered to 100mm. I would believe Lee / hitech filters would be able to fit into it. Cheaper price - look around on ebay for illustrations/pictures. That's where I found it.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 27th September 2010 at 12:53 PM.

Visit TK and ask to view the Hitech holders - have a feel of it. And then on the next molestation meeting, I'll bring the Lee. Both Hitech and Lee are approximately priced - Lee with 3 holders (Foundation), while Hitech has two.

Lee Holder uses a brass springed knob to lock onto the adaptor ring, which saves much time.

Lee's material is a form of plastic - donno how to describe it, probably tough fibre glass? Which means it is light weight... Hitech holder is full aluminium (blacked), but the finishing isn't as fine.
    That being said, it seems that Lee is a better over the Hitech? If both are approximately priced, with Lee having 3 holders while Hitech only having 2, it is likely that i would be more inclined towards the Lee. Ill make a trip down to TK to have a look, and 'shun bian' get my spirit leveller which i should have gotten long ago...

It was nice knowing you too. Hope to see you at the next outing as well. For tripods under 200, you can consider Sirui T-1004. It costs 190 bucks coupled with the G10 ballhead IIRC
    Just read on the topic, Sirui v Benro.

D90 meet-up, can't commit cos usually I end work late. Should c how.
    Ain't too clever but definitely not stupid. Hey guys, just wanna learn....

Honestly speaking, for tripods, i would recommend spending more and getting a more sturdy one. One that can bear more weight. This way when you upgrade your lenses/get flashes, you would not have to face the trouble of having to get a new one in the case whereby your current tripod does not support your set up. A worthly investment

That being said, it seems that Lee is a better over the Hitech? If both are approximately priced, with Lee having 3 holders while Hitech only having 2, it is likely that i would be more inclined towards the Lee. Ill make a trip down to TK to have a look, and 'shun bian' get my spirit leveller which i should have gotten long ago...
    Well... have a feel of it first, you might or might not like it. Subjected to personal preferences if you ask me. Some might prefer Hitech's, some go for Lee's. Frankly, 3 slots good to have, but seldom should you stack 3 filters - flares will go crazy. If fact, I'll only use 1 slot when I use the 10-stop from now onwards and see how it goes.

Well... have a feel of it first, you might or might not like it. Subjected to personal preferences if you ask me. Some might prefer Hitech's, some go for Lee's. Frankly, 3 slots good to have, but seldom should you stack 3 filters - flares will go crazy. If fact, I'll only use 1 slot when I use the 10-stop from now onwards and see how it goes.
    But its quite common to stack 1 ND + 1 GND when taking pics right?

But its quite common to stack 1 ND + 1 GND when taking pics right?
    Yup. That's the maximum you should stack... as bro DD123 mentioned, you should remove the clear glass protector when you put on the holder.

using the sirui, quite gd imo.
    gd starter kit.

using the R2204.

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 162124252627283136 ... LastLast