Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Queries] Sharp Copy of a Lens

Default Re: [Queries] Sharp Copy of a Lens

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    (2) polishing gear in the cabinet and talking to them, petting them on the lenscap and saying "good lens! very sharp boy!"
    I take pleasure in turning her knobs, makes her grind and screw her on all the time. After abusing her, I proudly moist her front and wipe her like a baby to keep her clean and spank.

She is my babe
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 21st September 2010 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    I take pleasure in turning her knobs, makes her grind and screw her on all the time. After abusing her, I proudly moist her front and wipe her like a baby to keep her clean and spank.

She is my babe
    that sounds really wrong in a good way..

don't mind maybe u can share how u hunt for a sharp copy
    of lens on your side?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFields View Post
    I've browse through some threads and reviews over the net and find out that some uses
    "I have finally found a sharp copy of XXX lens", "you must have got yourself a sharp copy",
    "Gotta return this lens and look for a sharp copy" etc etc..

May I know what do they mean by that? does that mean if i got 2 exact same lens of same
    brand, same model but the IQ I will get from the 2 lenses may still differ? is it like
    buying pokemon booster pack? packaging may be the same but the cards inside are different?
    you rock... link this to pokemon? sharp copy, imo, is one that doesnt have focusing issues and my copy of the lens will render sharp images...

Quote Originally Posted by evilorgi View Post
    you rock... link this to pokemon? sharp copy, imo, is one that doesnt have focusing issues and my copy of the lens will render sharp images...
    lol.. this shows that pokemon still exists in the adults world.. jkjk.. just that it is what i
    could think of at that moment..

anyway, if that's the case, it should be looking for a copy without any focusing issues
    instead of saying 'u got yourself a sharp copy', 'my lens is not sharp, gotta return it'....
    as it is quite misleading which kind of makes ppl think that although it is the same brand
    and model but they may not get a good copy.. :x

in addition, focusing issues can be calibrating while an unsharp lens is kind of irreversible
    as the glass has already been 'fixed' inside the lens? still kinda new to this but this on my
    mind currently..

pls do correct me if i am wrong.. hope u do understand what i am trying to express..

if you are buying a new lens, of course you don't want to go thru the hassle of having to go to service center and have them calibrate and troubleshoot. So pple like to buy a lens that is sharp from the shop. The term sharp is usually refering to able to focus correctly.

Normally checking the physical conditions to ensure there is no physical damage to indicate a drop/impact/shock to the lens. Then check for fungus/scratches/obvious marks/big white elephant on the optical elements. And finally shot near, mid and far to see if the IQ is acceptable. These are what I will do.

if you are buying a new lens, of course you don't want to go thru the hassle of having to go to service center and have them calibrate and troubleshoot. So pple like to buy a lens that is sharp from the shop. The term sharp is usually refering to able to focus correctly.

Normally checking the physical conditions to ensure there is no physical damage to indicate a drop/impact/shock to the lens. Then check for fungus/scratches/obvious marks/big white elephant on the optical elements. And finally shot near, mid and far to see if the IQ is acceptable. These are what I will do.
    thanks for sharing.. what about aperture? for me i test only a few aperture..
    widest, f8, f9, narrowest.. not sure if this is correct to test out the lens..

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFields View Post
    thanks for sharing.. what about aperture? for me i test only a few aperture..
    widest, f8, f9, narrowest.. not sure if this is correct to test out the lens..
    I don't test at every aperture. But if you want, you can spend more time on it.

u have to compare the whole country stocks that is available to get the sharpest copy that is my advise, because you may get a sharp copy in this shop but who knows, somewhere out there, it lurks an even sharper copy!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    now can zoom in what.... use that, that's what i do.

the camera lcd does not display color or exposure accurately, but it better display if the image is sharp when zoom in... otherwise can throw away and buy a new one liao.
    lol..not all slr got sharp LCD panels mah..those olympus, nikon, panasonic are using 330k pixels lcd so still got dot dot mah..

You can't imagine how we guys tested our lenses when we shot films. Got LCD and still complain not sharp.
    Home is where the heart is.

That's what you call tolerance.
    It would be impractical to produce exactly the same product in mass production.
    9815-1974
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lee View Post
    You can't imagine how we guys tested our lenses when we shot films. Got LCD and still complain not sharp.
    Yes, I wonder how you guys in the film days buy lenses...test, develop, then come back and buy to find that its gone

Yes, I wonder how you guys in the film days buy lenses...test, develop, then come back and buy to find that its gone
    Manual focus lenses no need to test, all sure good. Problems exist only with AF lenses. Never shot an AF lens on film, so I do not know how those guys managed, bless them.
    Home is where the heart is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12