Thread: what accessories i should buy and what is the brand i should buy?

Default what accessories i should buy and what is the brand i should buy?

HI,everybody..

Hopefully i able to get some advices here.

Currently i have a Nikon D90. I only have a lense 18-105mm. I wish to buy some accessories on it.

Any recommendation?

Default Re: what accessories i should buy and what is the brand i should buy?

What accessories do you need, based on the limitations you are experiencing? If you cannot answer that, DO NOT BUY.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    What accessories do you need, based on the limitations you are experiencing? If you cannot answer that, DO NOT BUY.
    Agree, if you don't know what to buy, don't buy blindly. However, i might suggest a dry cabinet if you haven't gotten one yet.

I have a dry box ady.

I am thinking to buy 3 things but not sure whether which is more important. The 3 things are flashgun, battery grip and also a 50mm lense. So, may i know which item you will treat as priority when u buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by lingpeng View Post
    I have a dry box ady.

I am thinking to buy 3 things but not sure whether which is more important. The 3 things are flashgun, battery grip and also a 50mm lense. So, may i know which item you will treat as priority when u buy it?

Hi lingpeng, different people have different needs and wants, hard to advice at once what might be more pressing for u and what might not.

How about try shooting with existing setup until u strongly feel u want to get a particular item because u need it ? It could be a 50mm lens, it could be flash, ( just for me, the batt grip is the last )

ryan

Blog Entries

a flash is a good start
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

think NEED before WANT.

instead ask, "i need to do <fill in with what you want to achieve>, what equipment can help me get it done?"
    only then we can advise you according.

from the 3 things you listed, i think you are going for portraiture coz i have all 3 for that very reason.
    if i'm right, flash will matter most like ed9119 mentioned. the rest can come later or even without.
    anyway if you do get all 3, dry box wont be enough if you put everything together.
    Last edited by Alan Chan; 21st September 2010 at 10:59 AM.
    Nikon D700| 70-200mm f/2.8G VR2| 28-70mm f/2.8D| 85mm f/1.8G| 50mm f/1.8G| SB900/SB28| MB-D10

Quote Originally Posted by lingpeng View Post
    I have a dry box ady.

Buy the flash then, it is the most useful out of the 3 mentioned.
    Visit my portfolio at http://woeilee.zenfolio.com

Depends on what you really want.

However, by asking this question, I highly doubt you would need any of those. You should know your priorities better than we know it. If you are into portraiture, get the 50mm prime lens. If you feel you want to venture into flash (which I don't recommend if you still haven't grasp the basics of photography), then get flash. I wouldn't suggest battery grip now since I myself only use 1-2 bar of battery for a half/full day shot.

My take on this is, your current kit is more than perfect to capture wonders. Shoot more and know your lens limitations. Then, would you know what you really need. Hope I didn't sound harsh.
    Nikon D800 | N14-24mm | N50mm | GoPro HERO 3 | Clarenze Photography

battery grip will be the last thing i get.. unless u feel that your batt runs out within a few hours of shooting (depending on how u shoot)..

Quote Originally Posted by Clarenze View Post
    Depends on what you really want.

However, by asking this question, I highly doubt you would need any of those. You should know your priorities better than we know it. If you are into portraiture, get the 50mm prime lens. If you feel you want to venture into flash (which I don't recommend if you still haven't grasp the basics of photography), then get flash. I wouldn't suggest battery grip now since I myself only use 1-2 bar of battery for a half/full day shot.

My take on this is, your current kit is more than perfect to capture wonders. Shoot more and know your lens limitations. Then, would you know what you really need. Hope I didn't sound harsh.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFields View Post
    battery grip will be the last thing i get.. unless u feel that your batt runs out within a few hours of shooting (depending on how u shoot)..
    Well, the thing is, battery grips not only give you more battery power, if TS finds himself shooting in portrait most of the time, a battery grip will make it a lot more comfortable for him but then again, if you don't know what you want need, you probably don't need it.

get things tat will affect ur pic outcome...

a 50 prime len is good...50 f1.8 is good value for money

flash can improve ur shots at low-nite condition and also fill-in against sunlight.up to u to use it, there is no right/wrong pic...

batt grip is an option...

in ur shoes, i would go for the flash then the len...althought i would prefer to get both...lol
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

it depends on you right...

if you don't use filter, and i tell you to buy filter, you waste money.

you can even buy hello kitty stickers to smother your camera with... but it's not something i would do.

Should buy flash, then tripod, then 2nd lens, then 3rd lens, then change to full frame.
    Maybe wireless shutter trigger and wireless flash trigger.
    Prime lenses? 35mm, 85mm and 135mm?
    Home studio with all the setup?
    Canon User

Yeah... Like all who have replied, it depends on your needs and its subjective.

Other may prioritize a flash gun while i say the first thing to get is a tripod. so its up to you.